Hotbooksale.com / Book order

United States Review updated:
Hot Book Sale
I recently placed an order through HotBookSale.com to purchase a Math textbook for my son. I then get an e-mail from BestBrandValues.com that I had become a member and that my credit card on file will be charged $19.95 monthly. There was no indication on HotBookSale.com's site that there was a membership and that by placing an order I was to become a member; nor did they even ask whether I wanted to become a member!

I am utterly disgusted by the unscrupulous way that I was drawn into a membership that I was not even aware of!

Be wary of both HotBookSale.com and BestBrandValues.com

A  6th of Jul, 2009 by
I agree they did the same to me, never mind that I tried to reason with them and explain that it doesnot make sense to pay 11.00 dollards for a book and 19.995 for a monthly membership that would make that particular book more expensive than the cover price. They should not be allowed to operate. Angela
A  6th of Jul, 2009 by
Is there anyway we can get this company out of business? Is there a consumer board that we can complain?

A  1st of Aug, 2009 by
I thought I was ordering one book, getting a good price. Then I saw I was debited for another $19.95. I called and they said my 3 day free trial membership was up and I couldn't get my money back. I told her I didn't know I had a trial membership.
They are crooks!
M. Littlejohn
N  1st of Sep, 2009 by
LOL it says right there on the checkout page you think you get such a great deal for nothing there is always some gimmick for something so cheap wither it be a membership or a refund that you have to send in after you have used the phone for 90 days but must be sent in the 4th month. If you are new to using a site that you are not comfortable with then make your purchase with a credit card gift card that way you are covered for what is on the card then you can always add to the card for next time after you finish the transaction or just get a new card.

HotBookSale.com Logo HotBookSale.com