Hotbooks / Scam subscription charges

I ordered a book from Hotbooks and only just realized that they have been charging me for a monthly subscription of $9.95 a month, which I know nothing about nor did I authorize it! Just got off the phone with them and they want to send me only $19.90 so I got angry. They told me that they will send an email somewhere and they will review my case! The nerve of these people..preying on others to get rich!

Gi

Comments

• Se
      14th of Sep, 2010

I had same problem with US credit, a company I have no idea who they are. They charged me fees at my account and for the results i had to close the account. And when i checked my credit report today, they are listed that I have requested ac account of $10.000 and this is open and I have no idea why they open an account i never requested for or even want. I placed charges today and gonna take them to court for consumer fraud and surely they are going to learn a lesson by paying a heavy price now. they are crooks.

• Mu
      8th of Dec, 2010

The same thing happened to me. I ordered a book from hotbooks and I thought I was just signing up for $5 off. Instead, they have been ripping me off for $9.95 for the past 6 months! They did agree to return $19.95 but what a bleeping scam!! You have to read the fine print and always account for everything single thing on your credit card and bank record.