Hot spot stores - Defective handset 2600-C / Defective handset

1 India Review updated:

To, Date-08/May/2008

The customer Care Manager
Hotspot Retail Private Limited

Subject – Purchase of Handset 2600-C on 5/May/2008 from Hotspot retail Pvt Ltd, GF 8, Meghdoot Building, Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019
Ref :- Book No 21 Bill No.NP/1044 - 5/may/2008 – 3146
Handset details – No. [protected] LOC SC 179126 CN 4009 APR Code - 226256
Mobile no - [protected]

Dear Madam/Sir
I have purchased the 2600-C handset from Hotspot shop in Nehru place New Delhi on 05/May/2008 at 14:00 Hrs as per above details. On using the phone on 6th May I found that the phone hangs while sending SMS and this facility does not work. On 7th May 2008 I went back to the hot spot store and requested them to replace the phone as it is a defective piece though I went to them within 2 days and as per Hot Spot store policy they should have replaced the phone but they advised me to visit Nokia care shop in E – 13 Kalkaji. The store incharge Mr Ravi Shankar was responding in a very stiff posture indicating “If you are stuck with a defective piece it is your problem”. I have mentioned in the visitor book kept at the store about my discontent. I visited the Nokia care shop on 7/may/2008 in the evening. The Nokia care advised to come on 8th as they were closing. On 8/May 2008 I again went to the Nokia care store and after waiting for One and a Half hour I was told that the phone has some problem and it has to be sent to Banglore for at least 20 days. Additionally the store did not inform that one cannot park in front of the store and as a result my Vehicle was also towed away.

The on 8th may I contacted the Manager of Hot spot stores Mr. Manoj (Mobile no [protected]) who again advised that he would take the phone and follow up with Nokia care. I was a bit shocked that he is expecting a different reply from Nokia Care then what I got. Pls inform me why I am being harrased like this? Is it a crime to trust "NOKIA" as a brand or “hot spot” as good stores?

Instead of harassing people who belive in Nokia and hot spot store the store staff should have just changed the handset instead of putting the customer in trouble and prompting the customer to take up legal methods for redressal of grievance.

Kindly respond within a week by changing the defective phone and sending me an apology letter otherwise I would be constrained to take up legal action.

Thanking You

Vibhuti Pandey
I.C.W.A, M.B.A, L.L.B

Copy to: Nokia India, Nokia HQ Finland

Comments

• Tr
      9th of Jun, 2008

My first experiance in ur store was not satisfied. 2 days before i want to purchase a nokia set 5610 cost near abt 12000. & but then urs all sales boys behaviour was not satisfactory & worst i ever seen.Then i purchased the set 4m other mobile store & now i recommend to all my frnds & relative that not 2 purchase any set 4m the store located in Gumti no. 5 Branch Kanpur-12. So, nows i request u take a serious step regarding this type of customer dealing. THANKS