Hot Planet / electronic check fraud

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I discovered that Hot Planet website is registered to someone in Spain. I looked this up after my December bank statement showed a check for $39.99 paid out electronically -- I never wrote such a paper check and never before heard of this crook. When I called my bank for info, all they knew was phone No. [protected]. I called that #, lady said payment was made to Hot Planet; said she would return money to bank. I have NEVER given anyone online any numbers for my bank account -- How does this happen?? With so many frauds under his belt, this crook MUST be prosecuted !!

Comments

• Ph
      27th of Oct, 2008
    Hot Planet - fraud

I was charges $39.99 on 10/22/08 from a company called Hot Planet. I have never heard of this company. When calling the number on the draft from my bank, they claimed to refund me w/in 10 days. My bank suggests closing my account and filing a claim which i will be doing!!! This makes me angry!!!

• 12
      20th of Nov, 2008

the same thing happened to me...i saw a charge of $39.99 deducted from HOT PLANET...I have no clue who these ppl are!! I went to my bank, reported what happened; the bank is handling it and this company, when called, "claims" to credit you within 7-10 business days - don't count on it! My bank called hot planet and asked how they obtained my acct information - they would not reply nor give out any information. Bank was then placed on hold when someone was supposedly going to get a supervisor...i called again - demanding answers!! know what I got!! some guy on the line who said he'd hang up on me if I continued making accusations!!! unreal...The bank will credit the amount these ppl helped themselves too and they WILL GO AFTER HOT PLANET to get the money back!!! pisses me off!!

• Jb
      30th of Nov, 2008
    Hot Planet - Fraudulent use of checking acct
    Hot Planet
    New Jersey

I was going over my account & found that My account was charged $34.99 using my checking account numbers for a Website Subscription I Never Authorized. I never even heard of Hot Planet. My checking account now has to be closed. The bank is watching it & working with me. Hot Planet said they would refund me in 7 to 10 Days. the # I called was 866-822-6955. We will see! Watch your account closely!

• Ts
      2nd of Dec, 2008

This happened to me too! Please watch your bank statements!!! This is outrageous! I have never heard of Hot Planet either. I called the same number listed above and was told that I would be credited too. I am going through the same thing...changing my bank account. What a pain! Watch this company...very suspicious.

• Ca
      31st of Dec, 2008
    Hot Planet - Debited my bank account
    Hot Planet
    California
    hotplanet.com

This company debited my bank account without prior authorization by me for $24.99. Luckily I caught it by viewing my account online five days later and the bank has reversed the charges. When I called and talked to Jessie at the phone number on the check she advised me that she will stop all further charges by this company. She is only a third party agent for them. What a scam! I see others have had the same experience. My bank has advised me to close the account because my account is compromised. How did they get my banking information??????????/

8th of Jan, 2009

I am really upset about this as I am next going to file a complaint for the same date and amount. I have been reading complaints and found out that everybody has one thing in common...WE ALL WORKED FOR MARY KAY COSMETICS.. WITH THAT BEING SAID, WE NEED TO HAVE THE COMPANY LOOKED INTO AND MAKE CHARGES AGAINST WHO EVER IS DOING THIS TO ALL OF US. WE HAVE HAD TO CLOSE OUR ACCTS. AND I HAVE TWO DIRECT DEPOSIT COMPANIES TO CONTACT AS WELL AS MY MORTGAGE COMES OUT OF MY ACCT. I AM UPSET AND WE NEED TO FIGHT THIS.

8th of Jan, 2009

IT HAPPENED TO ME AS WELL ON 12/22/08 FOR $39.99 AND IT WAS MADE TO HPL... I CALLED AND IT WAS A MARKETING COMPANY WHO HAS BEEN AUTH. BY SOMEBODY WHO HAS GIVEN THEM OUT ACCT. AND ROUTING NUMBER. I HAVE BEEN READING TONS OF COMPLAINTS AND HAVE FOUND THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE WORKED AS CONSULTANTS FOR MARY KAY. HAS ANYONE ELSE WORKED FOR MARY KAY AND HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM? IF SO WE CAN THEN SEND THEM TO INVESTIGATE MARY KAY HOME OFFICE WORKERS. PLEASE LETS GET TOGETHER AND STOP THIS AS I HAD TO CLOSE MY ACCT. AND I HAVE TO CONTACT TWO DIRECT DEP. COMPANIES AS WELL AS IT IS A MAJOR HEADACH AFTER HAVING THIS ACCT. FOR YEARS. PS. THEY ALSO USED MY OLD ADDRESS JUST LIKE THE OTHER MARY KAY CONSULTANT SAID.. PLEASE RESPOND.

8th of Jan, 2009

gO TO [redacted] FOR MORE COMPLAINTS.