Hostway / Disconnected me

I was with them for 3 years. I sent them a mail telling them I wanted to terminate my account and to let me know when the last day would be and they cut me off within the hour despite the fact I had paid for several more days. I was left without email or a web site for 48 hours while I frantically arranged swapping to another provider. Their billing department were responsible and offered no apology with pigeon english one line replies to my emails. I have two other friends with problems using them, I would never recommend them.

Comments

• Ir
      14th of Nov, 2008

It's way worse now. Now they do not credit payments even when emailed bank statement verification, and further, then suspend your account, force you to *call in* (another nightmare of holding and holding and holding -- and you can only reach them during the day when you're working), then charge you for all the payments you've already made by making unauthorized charges on your credit card. In twenty minutes, they hit my card for over $300.00 while the supervisor of "Customer Service" was telling me my account was, indeed, paid in full (which it was) and I had a zero balance. My monthly bill was only $49.95, and I had only been "upgraded" to hostway from valueweb for four months. The math adds up to only one thing: Fraud.

Steer clear. Be warned. Listen to the voices of experience.