Hosting-Marketers.com / Scam and cheating

I was suspicious the day I signed up in April 2008, about 5-6 months ago. The host asked me if I wanted a free script that was an FFMPEG script that cost about $100-200 to this day. I said no, what purpose would that have.

After I refused the script was installed on my system instead of the script I uploaded. I did try it, and it didn't work it was hacked. No surprise. Then I get an email the other day, offering software for free and also stating that he would 'mess with my files' if I voted for a specific presidential candidate.

He said I was kidding but ruined many of my website folders and programs that were working one day earlier. On top of all that, they allow adult content and I have emails from them to show they get 'hacked' frequently. This isn't too unique. Other hosts have 'tiny' little termites you are unaware of they stick in without your knowledge, including FTP access and loads of other stuff. The host is totally in control once you choose a host.

Bottom line. Trust in a good host or host your own website. For me, the headaches are both ways, but I'd rather do it myself.

Va

Comments

Ja
  3rd of Apr, 2009

Yes, i understand your situation. I was just checking his website today and I felt it was fake. In his website hosting-marketers.com they have demo link on another site called ffmpegpleas.com

it is registered through godaddy.com so the owner of hosting-marketers.com his name is Paulo Santos and he seemed to have bought reseller account with godaddy and fooling with other peoples and stealing their money buy fooling them that he is like a company and will help them get video streaming web sites.

Be aware of him and look at the data below and confirm the link of godaddy to know all this is true.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: FFMPEGPLEASE.COM