HostDime Web Hosting / Do not handle domain transfer

Dear John Shannon,
Your account transfer failed from the sending end, see below, we were unable to receive from your old host. We never ONCE provided you a disservice.

Mike, Hostdime,

(1) Your sales person guaranteed that your company could handle my domain transfer. This was my vital request to move my account for the reason that I didn't have the time. The statement above speaks for itself.

(2) How your Money Back Guarantee is written and what you think it means, are two different things. May I suggest; ask an attorney to review your home page and how it is interpreted.

(3) A contract agreement or a company policy, before, during or after any engagement, has nothing what so ever to do with a written Money Back Guarantee. Cancel by email means, "send an email" implying cancellation of service and the requesting of a full refund. Not accepting a cancellation by email over three weeks ago, could constitute fraud by not responding to our request. Charging our credit card, for a full year service, a day after a cancellation notice is totally unprofessional and alarming. This prompted an FTC complaint.

(4) It took a few minutes to process our credit card and open an account. It does not take five days to process a refund on a modem.

(5) Your rep by phone could have mentioned your policy at that time of cancellation, I probably would have followed through with it not thinking anything of it. I was under the impression by her, that the refund was handled except for prorate charge of $11.13. I already challenged that charge.

(6) Now another five days added to handle a refund transaction? I suggest you read carefully your credit card vendor agreement, and the FTC Internet rules.

Hostdime - (hostdime.com) 111 Orange Avenue - Suite 1050 - Orlando, Florida 32801

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2008

Hostdime is terrible. There is even a sux site named after hostdimes hosting, http://www.hostdimesucks.com

• Bo
      21st of Apr, 2008

I would trust hostdime as far as I can throw Mike or Manny!