Host Nexus / Bad service is funny?

1 PO BOX 110, Kingsbury,Mel, Austria Review updated:

HostNexus seemed to have a great deal of difficulty right from the beginning. At first they could not set up my account and I did not have access right away. After 3 phone calls and several days later, they did finally get the control panel working but then I experienced extremely slow access times and wrote them asking why or if there was an ongoing situation which would cause this latency. A few days later, they began giving me a run-around, asking me questions which at first I tried to answer but eventually felt I was wasting my time. At that point I told them that I wanted to cancel (they had a 30 day guarantee) but then they began to send me emails saying they wanted more information to see if the could resolve the problem before they would issue a refund. I told them that I did not want to continue and asked for a refund. It is now May and there is no credit but the charge is on my card. I am filing a dispute with my credit card company.

Overall a very bad experience to put it mildly. I cannot recommend this company. The trouble of having to file a dispute alone is reason enough for me to stay away from these people.

Va

Comments

• Br
      18th of Aug, 2008

I've had nothing but outstanding service. Sorry that you had trouble. I've been with them for years and have always been treated with respect and any issues that I ran into were taken seriously by the staff. I highly recommend their services.

22nd of Apr, 2009

I've been with Hostnexus for 4 years (maybe getting closer to 5 now?), and also worked with a lot of other hosts. I build web sites and web apps all day and I always recommend Hostnexus to my clients and peers. The service is rock solid reliable, they adjust their plans as technology evolves so you always get good value, they often go above and beyond their obligations in the tech support department, and they always respond promptly.

I actually think the complaint above is fraudulent: The filer states that he/she had three phone conversations with Hostnexus staff, but Hostnexus don't actually provide phone support; all tech support is handled through a ticketing system and live text chat.

Anyway, enough ranting. I just hate to see a company badmouthed that clearly doesn't deserve it.

Joe Engel - http://webdesignoahu.com

• Si
      20th of Jun, 2013

Right now as I type this post, I have about 50 domains that are down at hostnexus. All the live chats are offline and they have not responded to my emailed support requests. I have a lot of customers who are now not able to work. There have been outages from day to day, and the uptime has been brutal. They open a new server and its good for a while, until they overload it. I have already had to have my account moved to a new server once, and I have requested them to do it again now. I am seriously thinking about moving away from them now...

• Ho
      13th of Dec, 2013

server migration issue and support is SLOW or nonexistent.