Hornymatches.com / unauthorized deduction of money from my checking account

1 Belgium Review updated:

Someone used my checking account info and name to supposedly sign up for an account with hornymatches.com. I let people use my computer sometimes, but I never authorized anyone to use my information to sign up for any online dating service. When I noticed my bank statement showed a payment of $39.95 to Digi-Group, I immediately googled them to find out what they were. When I realized what it was they offer, I emailed them and requested my money back, explaining to them I never authorized them to take money from my account. They replied to my email stating that they track IP addresses and it was my computer that was used to set up the account. They also threatened to file fraud charges against me. What can I do to get my money back since they took it without my permission?

Jo

Comments

Lu
  22nd of Feb, 2009

I no longer wish to automatically have member renewal automatically withdrawn from my account. I tried to turn this feature off myself but can't get any confirmation that I was successful. Please DO NOT renew my account after Feb. 22, 2009

Lu
  22nd of Feb, 2009

Please deactivate my account.

At
  22nd of Feb, 2009

You can always call the bank and file a claim (dispute the charge). They usually send a short electronic form to fill out and they will credit your account in 24-48 hours. The bank will also send out another debit card with another number so that the charge won't be made again. I"ve done this twice and the bank was very helpful.

Ab
  9th of Feb, 2010

plz deactivate my account or telme how can i deactivate my account

Me