Horizon Management Inc. / Fraud and cheating

1 P.O. Box 8770Endwell, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 607-785-9120

Tom Verano (president of Horizon Management) is a slick, smooth talking scam artist who will try to con you to send in a $2, 500 cashiers check or money gram to lure you to become a concert promoter. He advertises in USAtoday to make it look official. I know this because I received a package, priority mail (to look official) two days later after I talked to smoothy Tom!

I must say the packet looked very convincing along with a CD with a cheap printed paper label stuck to it, (again, to make it look official) with garble cheap recordings. The packed included old outdated samples, (if they were real) on some famous artist whom performed at a prior concert if affiliated at all with Horizon Management!! The part that made me stop on my tracks was that he wanted $2, 500 to send to him immediately... for what? for lip service?

Let me see, I'm going to pay him $2, 500 for me to go out and book a hall at my own expense for which artist? I don't think so bud!! Folks, watch this guy. Please don't send him any money. Look up the BBB in NY on this scam artist. And see for yourself!! All scam artist have ONE thing in common, they want your money up front!! Soon or later this guy is going to run out of town, and maybe come back with another business name. WATCH HIM!!!

Va

Comments

• Vi
      18th of Oct, 2008

I too was a victim I just started my business and thought I could us some help I talked to this man varano will not put his name in capitals cause is a creep a low life. He talked to me and I was convinced he would do all he could for me including back up told me it does not matter how much money I had he had people who would go in with me on my first show. Yet once I sought him the money all changed I was never able to speak with him again. I received the package which was not convincing to me two binders full of out dated papers thing I could have gotten off the computer things I already knew. I immediately sought it back FED-EX as it came and called to the office to inform them. They were rude and told me I was not going to get my money back and said that its just something I had to deal with being in the business. I was devasted. I was also given a quote on an artist I wanted which they gave me a quote which was 4, 000 dollars more then they wanted and wanted me to send them the money and sign a form giving all rights of my company over to them for a year and I was not to do any business without first contacting them. I was devasted. I am still fighting this to try to get my money back and have been for months, and will continue til I die or they die. This kind of thing should not be tolerated here in the U.S and why it is so easy for some old ### man to have the opportunity to start a business of such without checking his background is a mystery to me only in America. Anyone who has faught this man and won feel free to contact me I want to know.

• Ke
      5th of Feb, 2009

I just started doing business with these people... Im still hoping its going to turn out ok.. please contact me malusrecords@hotmail.com

thanks..

kelly green

• Mr
      6th of Feb, 2009

hello i just signed up as an affiliate with these guys. This guy seems legit when you talk to him his brochure seems well put together but then again its kind of cheesy for such a big company i own mrexecutive entertainment in South Boston and i thought having a big company like this back me would be a good thing. it seemed legit i sent him $500 and now he is acting shady im waiting on this package. and then we are going to as he said "get the ball rolling" and well i have news for mister Tom Varnano this ball may be rolling in the the wrong direction buddy! anybody who has been affected buy this guy should feel free to contact me... but until this goes wrong im going to play this cool... think about this if this guy is a fraud he knows about these post and well maybe he is involved in them. so please if you ahve any information email me at mrexecutive69@yahoo.com and together we can take care of this guy! or at the very least out hustle the hustler! Here is some information

da..da. were coming to get you !

29th of Jun, 2009

I found him to be a little suspect when he started pressuring me to invest in concert promotions when the initial reason for my call was as an artist to get some show opportunities. He was
    trying to convince me by saying that in the recession the only thing that's still bringing in money is concerts. Yeah right! Glad I wasn't a fool to listen to that bull he was trying to feed
    me. I'm an artist and found his information in the Billboard magazine. I'm puzzled as to how these criminals are able to advertise in these official magazines? Makes you wonder.

My advice is "If it smells like FISH - it's FISH! Don't buy it cause fresh Fish don't stink!

• Sh
      10th of May, 2010

hes an [censor].they are trying to say i owe them 250o.oo dollars...are they kidding..i never signed a damn thing...but the [censor] ended upo with 500.00 of my hard earned dollars...how do we sue this creep ...he made it sound so simple and easy...then i got a book that was bigger than the new england patriots play book...i mean really...can i even get my money back...or can this hurt my credit score?...someone let me know

• Mr
      2nd of Aug, 2010

Yeah this Is MR EXECUTIVE with MR EXECUTIVE ENTERTAINMENT, SOUTH BOSTON, MA. This Guy is a total Scam. NO he is [censor]! He talked me into Sending him $500! Then once i sent him the money, i could never get ahold of the guy! First i couldnt get him off the phone. Then when it came time to booking a Show and making arrangements doing business i couldnt get him on the phone! Some kind of Big trip for some Big show, that dont exist... Anyone who is thinking about getting involved with this Guy, should just kiss their money Good Bye! We are not done with this Guy, we are gonna get you! You Sucker Fish!!!

• Mi
      27th of Oct, 2010

HE IS THE GREATEST [censor]ER OF ALL...

• Do
      17th of Mar, 2011

thanks for this beautiful info..sorry to the people that got robbed by this dude, but I knew something was up with this guy and his excellent company.. I could never get him on the phone... He doesnt have a valid website.. and he remembers every thing that happened in his child hood days to a Tee.. I mean, this guy is 70 [censor]ing yrs old. Im 28 an I cant remember events that happened when I was a kid. He lucky I didnt send him any money cause I would have definitely found him and beat the [censor] out of this guy.

• Ru
      1st of Jun, 2011

Thank you for your comments - I'm so grateful. I was wondering how a guy who is the president of a company has four free hours to chew off the ear of a prospective client. Whew - so glad to know not to waste $2, 500!!! Would like to hear from more people - what I'm gathering from this is that you pay your money and get nothing but some worthless package telling you how to do what you could find out how to do just by searching online.

• 19
      5th of Apr, 2013

I fell for this scam back in 1988 when it was "become a booking agent". The Star Power Agency was nothing more than a binder full a cheesey lounge acts that you couldn't book for free. Tom will get your money then you'll never here from him again. Save your money and stay away from Horizon and Tom Varano.

• Ko
      22nd of May, 2013

Thannk you all so much i've been emailing back n forth with these people and thank god my buddy did the research and found this.
    if anyone knows of any ligit promoters and production companies that want to do biz in good faith please feel free to contact us. toxiclove2@hotmail.com
    thanks again specially to MR EXCUTIVE ENTERTAINMENT.