Horizon Gold / refund

1 MN, United States Review updated:

I ordered the horizon gold card and my prepaid credit card was debited $79.95 immediately. I discovered that this was not a visa or mastercard, and called the first business day to request an immediate refund. The representative talked me out of a full refund to "rebuild my credit" using their services, yet I never received anything from this company; not a card, not line of credit, not a login to their site, and email to their webmaster to request a login bounces.

I shall be contacting the minnesota attorney general's office regarding this. I want an immediate refund of the money I paid for absolutely nothing, with interest. If they can charge interest on their fraudulent credit accounts, I want interest on the money I paid as well.

Comments

• Ke
      11th of Oct, 2007
    Horizon Gold - Poor service!

I was explained to as if i was getting an actual shopping credit card. It was not until i received the card in the mail that i found i out i could only shop online with there products only, which is trash!!!

• Vi
      12th of Jan, 2008
    Horizon Gold - Not what I was expecting!
    802 kiln St.
    Lufkin
    Texas
    Phone: (936)404-8632
    www.horizonoutlet.com

This card is a scam... Everytime I would order something either they would not have it or it was a piece of junk.. And they would charge me money of my debit card even after I told them that I wanted to cancel it... They are just a rip off.

• Ga
      26th of Feb, 2008

My wife receive this horizon gold card in the mail last night. Since im a goggle freak i googled horizon gold fraud just to c who these people really are and if there has been any complaint against them needless to say i came upon this website. There's too much complaint against them so i ripped it up for her. I did a little research on them and this is for the people who have ben scam, here goes. Horizon gold address is 1707 Warren Road Indiana, PA 15701 US. Guess who also resides at this address too, Reliant Holdings Guess who owns horizon gold www.reliantholdings.com and there phone #7244656075 this website was created on 12-Apr-2005 the email associated with the website is rekane@reliantholdings.com www.thehorizonoutlet.com Record created on 03-Feb-2006. they havent been in the bussiness long enough in my opinion

• Me
      20th of Mar, 2008
    Horizon Gold - glad to review reports
    horizongold.com

I AM SOO GLAD TO REVIEW COMPLAINTS. OTHERWISWE, I WAS CONSIDERING TO APPLY. NOW I WILL NOT...FUNNY I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE THERE WASNT A LOGO FOR MC OR VISA. OH WELL...THE CARD THEY GAVE ME IN THE MAIL WITH APPROVAL ALL OVER IT, , IS NOW T R A S H E D!!!LOL THANKS DENISE!

• St
      21st of Mar, 2008
    Horizon Gold - They are scammers!
    Horizon Gold

This company tried to scam me... When I saw that they needed my social and my account number I new something was up.Thanks to this site I saw they were scammers, Stay away its not at all what they seem.

• Kr
      24th of Mar, 2008

I was just about to go online and apply for this card; however I have been scammed so much I thought I should check this card out before I applied for it. Thank you every one for the heads up, it is like they know who needs this card because of finacial reasons and they try to rip them off. I am so glade that people like you guys spoke up so no more people get ripped off.

• Ru
      17th of Apr, 2008

I received my postcard in the mail today, however, I did notice that there was not a logo for either master or visa card and I was slightly confused.

I than went into the website and noticed that they wanted to take money from my debit card account, however, if being a true credit card they would have taken it from their card and I would have started with a less amount.

I thought I should dig deeper into it since I may not want what they had to offer anyway and I would be sitting with a useless card and this is how I got here - thank the internet or we would all be sitting ducks.

Perfect solution - do not order this card unless you are a shopaholic and only want what they have to offer you, I on the other hand will enjoy thinking outside the box and not loosing my identity.

• Ro
      4th of May, 2008
    Horizon Gold - They are a scam!!
    California
    Phone: 800-251-6144
    www.horizongold.com

They charged me $99.00 and then when the card came in the mail you are not able to use it except on their web site, which by the way wont let me enter ( the web site). It's a scam!!!

• Fr
      23rd of May, 2008

if you people weren't retrards and would open your eyes up and read every once in a while prehaps you all wouldnt be a bunch of broke mother###ers waiting on a another hand out on a credit card. no wonder horizon is the only company that will approve you. you should all go get on welfare perhaps that would suit you better

23rd of May, 2008

i would like to cancel with horizon gold and get my money backsheliah belt

31st of May, 2008

YOU ARE SO RIGHT THEY ARE SCAMERS. LIKE WITH THE EMAIL THEY KEEP SENDING OUT ON BLUE SKY AUTO LOAN. THERE IS SUCH A PLACE I CALLED IT, AND THEY SAID THEY WERE NOT SENDING OUT EMAILS FOR ANY THING.AND HOW DID I GET THERE PHONE NUMBER AND I TOLD THEM.AND THEY SAID THEY WERE NOT DOING IT, AND THANKED ME. THEY ARE TRYING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT ALSO IT MAY HURT THEM.

31st of May, 2008

they are scamming in so many different ways. and no telling how much money they are getting off of people

2nd of Jun, 2008
    Horizon Gold - False advertisement
    P.O. Box 1275
    Indiana
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 18002516144
    www.horizongold.com

I applied for the horizon gold card, and found out it was only to order their products, which was false advertisement!

• Br
      16th of Jun, 2008

Thank you, thank you for this information before i made a terrible mistake. I truly appreciate everyone sharing.

• Da
      1st of Jul, 2008

just so u all kno that this is a scam...i will be doing the same and i will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow and i am going after them for my money back...plz if anyone is applying for anything CHECK IT OUT FIRST...do research on them NOW...

17th of Jul, 2008

I disagree with you. The card makes no claim to be a Visa or Mastercard. The photo of the card has neither logo on it. I also received one of their post cards to sign up online. However, I also read the terms and conditions before i filled out my info. Did you do that? Cause if you did, it says it right in the terms and conditions that they are not a visa or MC. I hope you and everyone else learned their lesson. It's not the companys fault you people are ###ed and dont read the disclaimers.

25th of Jul, 2008

HORION GOLD CREDIT CARD...WHO HAS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER? PLEASE LIST IT. AND THE PRODUCTS ON THE OUTLET PAGE DO SUCK...THEY GOT ME FOR A TOTAL OF $79.OO I THOUGHT I WAS APPLYING FOR A REGULAR CREIT CARD.

30th of Jul, 2008
    Horizon Gold - The approval i received in the mail
    www.horizongoldcard.com

I received an approval postcard and number in the mail and when i try to do it on the web site it is asking me for a credit card number to process it and i don't have a credit card, but why should i have to pay if i am already approved.

• Za
      7th of Aug, 2008

i got the same postcard as a few of you did. they seem to have dropped the activation fees, but not until you give them most of your info do they let you kno it's only for their online catalog. there has to be a way to shut people like this down.

• Wa
      12th of Aug, 2008

Thank-you to all you guys who posted. I also recieved a post card, but decided to Google Horizon Gold and get the 411. Thanks to you all it is now in the trash! You saved me and I owe you.