Horizon Gold Card / Customer service problems

We received a post card in the mail stating this was a real credit card so me and my husband thought it was a visa/mastercard. We found out afterwards that it was a store card for an online store and they took 79.95 out of my account. I found there number on another complaint site and called. The supervisor talked me into keeping the account if he took 40.00 off of the fee. I never got an email with my user id or anything like he said I would. I read other people's complaints and decided I really didn't want to get involved with this company so I called back and spoke to the same supervisor. I told him that I read up on the good and bad of the company and wanted to cancel my card and he tried to badger me into keeping the account. I told him NO and he still persisted that I keep the card. Finally he agreed to refund the rest of my money. I would not recommend this company at all.

Comments

An
  9th of Jun, 2007
Horizon Gold Card - Do not fall for this, it is not a credit card!

The Horizon Gold Card is not a credit card! I am so ashamed to say that I paid 79.95 fort his card. I thought it was a credit card! I lost my job and needed a card to get me thru to my first paycheck. I am sitting here in tears. I need the money they took from me. It is saturday night so I must wait till Monday to call and cancel this joke. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS! IT IS NOT A CREDIT CARD. I am too upset to even type about it. they never mentioned one time that ths was a card to do nothing but purchase products from their website. And it is all junk!

Pa
  16th of Jun, 2007

This company preys on those that can least afford it . Thier decptive adds make it appear to be a Credit card when in fact it is a uselees card to by over priced junk that no one seeking a bad credit unsecured credit needs or wants. I smell a class action lawsuit here. These crooks should be exposed as such, and punished to the fullest extent the law allows!

Hi
  24th of Aug, 2007
Horizon Gold Cards - Charges on account that is supposed to be closed

I never activated my card and told them I did not want a card only good to buy their merchandise. Yet they continue to charge my account every month. I have tried repeatedly to get charges stopped but they won't. What can I Do?

Plz advise smb!

Ti
  24th of Aug, 2007
Horizon Gold Card - Fraud & cheating!

I was too expecting a REAL credit card... now they continue to charge my real credit card and the credit card company's says they need a stop transaction from Horizon... well they have no number to call for customer service... please if anyone has their number post it... I've read other complaints and this truly is fraud. I DO NOT WANT THEIR CREDIT CARD and I'm afraid now that they have my real credit card # that they won't stop charging me these fee's... How do I get rid of this problem? Advise smb!

Sh
  26th of Aug, 2007

Thank you so much for letting me know this before I gave out my card number. I thought this was ridiculous to ask for my card number to get a mastercard. Thanks very much

An
  31st of Aug, 2007

Customer Service Number is... 1-800-251-6144. They're persistent... but just keep telling them you want to cancel NO MATTER WHAT... you'll win. It's true, you will lose your money because they wont give you a refund for whatever reason, just accept it, cut your losses... BUT JUST GET OUT!!!

To
  12th of Sep, 2007

The phone number for Horizon Gold is:
1-800-251-6140
I had to call them to cancel mine, just because I had several windows open and hit the wrong button. They still try to sell you on the card even offering me $75.00 to purchase something on there site. Don't take it just cancel it.

To
  12th of Sep, 2007

They agreed to refund the $ 79.00 that they charged to my account.

Di
  17th of Sep, 2007
Horizon Gold Card - Fake credit card!

Ok. I kind of know what this lady is talking about, then she says that Horizon Gold Card is a f*****g scam. They get you out of 79.95 and 19.95 and then they're out the door. Who this is? I don't know. Where they are located? Who knows? I know one damn thing. Advise smb!

St
Horizon Gold Card - Unacceptable charges

I did not authorize this company to debit 79$ from my bank account when i attempted to accept this offer the site was having difficulties and i closed out of the site and now i see 79$ debited from my bank account although i didn't complete the application. And now that im trying to contact the company (my bank provided a contact number) the phone just rings i can't reach anyone. I need some one to explain how is it that this could have happened without customer authorization. I am very upset about this, i didnt receive anything in the mail informing me about the acceptance of my application or in my email, this is just unacceptable.

Ka
  25th of Sep, 2007

THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE I AM SOOO GLAD I WAS INLIGHTEND ABOUT THIS SCAM MY SISTER HAS FALLEN VICTIM TO. I WILL INFORM EVERYONE I KNOW OF THIS AND ADVISE THEM NOT TO WASTE THERE MONEY DON'T EVEN VISIT THE HORIZON CREDIT CARD SITE AS THEY MAY HAVE THIER BANK ACCOUNT CHARGED WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT AND DON'T FORGET IT'S NOT EVEN A CREDIT CARD " IT'S A CATALOG " YOU CAN'T EVEN GO TO THE GROCERY STORE WITH THIS, ALL YOU CAN DO IS LOOK AT THE CHEAP 99CENT STORE STUFF THEY OFFER BECUASE I DON'T KNOW WOULD ACTUALLY PURCHASE SOMETHING. THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM AND I THINK EVERY LOCAL NEWS STATION SHOULD DO A INVESTIGATION ON THIS COMPANY AND LET THE WORLD KNOW WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON AND I THINK I WILL TAKE THE FIRST STEP A PHONE MY LOCAL NEWS THEY LOVE THIS KIND OF STUFF.

Ka
  25th of Sep, 2007

THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE! I AM SOOO GLAD I WAS INLIGHTEND ABOUT THIS SCAM MY SISTER HAS FALLEN VICTIM TO. I WILL INFORM EVERYONE I KNOW OF THIS AND ADVISE THEM NOT TO WASTE THERE MONEY DON'T EVEN VISIT THE HORIZON CREDIT CARD SITE AS THEY MAY HAVE THIER BANK ACCOUNT CHARGED WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT AND DON'T FORGET IT'S NOT EVEN A CREDIT CARD " IT'S A CATALOG " YOU CAN'T EVEN GO TO THE GROCERY STORE WITH THIS, ALL YOU CAN DO IS LOOK AT THE CHEAP 99CENT STORE STUFF THEY OFFER BECUASE I DON'T KNOW WOULD ACTUALLY PURCHASE SOMETHING. THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM AND I THINK EVERY LOCAL NEWS STATION SHOULD DO A INVESTIGATION ON THIS COMPANY AND LET THE WORLD KNOW WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON AND I THINK I WILL TAKE THE FIRST STEP A PHONE MY LOCAL NEWS THEY LOVE THIS KIND OF STUFF.

Pa
  28th of Dec, 2007

i just fell for the scam myself but i am suppose to recieve the gold card this tuesday, i really need to know more about this because i got 90.00 dollars taken out ove my account so if anyone can help me e-mail me at paulbrennan23@yahoo.com.

thankyou
paulbrennan

Ri
  28th of Mar, 2008

hi there,
i dont understand why you people are complaining as muchg as use are i myself after receiving the preapprove post card had them debit my checking account for the sum of$9.95 i was then sent a real horizonial gold mastercard which i can use at any store in fact they just increase my credit to $1, 500 if you feel you need any questions answered feel free to contact me maybe i have a differant numbedr then use do cause i can call day or night and speak with a live person

sincerely
richard r fortune
1-401-432-5511

Ha
  8th of Oct, 2008
Horizon Gold Card - Misleading Information
Horizon Gold
atlanta

I too received this piece of mail from horizon gold card stating that i would receive $500 in five days and i would receive a visa or mastercard. I log onto the website and there on i felt this was a scam, there was no number anywhere on the site to speak to a live person before signing up with them. I tried to find other ways to contact them and i was unsuccessful, the only contact they have before you sign up with them is by email. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CARD. ITS A SCAM

Ti
  10th of Oct, 2008

got this card in hopes to rebuild some credit, i gave up the 30.00 for there fee and now i have nothing but more! Do you or anyone know how to go about getting my money back and turning these people in for taking advantage of people??
thanks

Ru
  11th of Sep, 2011

i am aproved for horizon card but cant get card or card number

Ch
  23rd of Apr, 2012

I'm looking for the phone # to horizon gold credit card not the 251 # that's a store card, the # of the real credit card that charged me $95.00 to open the card, I was ripped off, big time I tried to charge something on the card & nothing goes threw, let me know at charles.burgess@aol.com thanks charles burgess asap

Ch
  8th of Dec, 2012

I have had this card a month without using it because there is nothing woeth buyimg but my card was charged 29.95 last month and $24.95 this month for nothing. What happened to the annual $34.95 charge. I can't even.figure out how to camcel my membership

Jp
  20th of Dec, 2012

can you say B*tches? These people are rude, rude, RUDE! I call to cancel after finding out that it is basically a scam (and yes, I DID read the terms and agreements). I was transferred to 3 different ladies who all asked me why I wanted to cancel, who all offered me a lower monthly fee, who all offered a refund in the amount of $10. After I was told that I was not interested, they kept pressuring me. When I finally said firmly that I AM NOT INTERESTED, PLEASE CANCEL MY CARD, the last lady I was on the phone with said "yeah" and nearly hung up before I asked her for a confirmation number. DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, HORRIBLE "DEAL!"