Horizon Gold Card / Fraud and cheating!

I never activated the card when I got it and found out that it was a buyer card only. I was led to believe it was a regular credit card. I tried to get the charges stopped but noone will contact me and I can't get them to quit charging my account. Please tell me how to stop this smb!

Comments

Ch
  28th of Jul, 2007
Horizon Gold Credit Card - Fraud and cheating!

I was mislead into thinking this was a real credit card. I charged the $79.95 fee to a real credit card that I have. I did this today about 1 hour ago. I tried to call my real credit card company and they said I would have to get this company Horizon Card Services. They are only open M-F (9-5pm EST) This is Saturday.

Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Lw
  2nd of Aug, 2007

I had the same thing happen and Horizon is not cooperative at all about refunding your money. Good luck if you can convince one of those jerks to close out your account and refund the money. My fee was taken from my debit/credit card. I called my bank and filed an "unauthorized charge complaint". The bank will now take care of it for me. I wish you the best.

Er
  17th of Aug, 2007

I Agree with this complaint! I put my credit card info. in on their website, and then exited out when I read the policy, and they still withdrew $79.95 from my account! I have been searching online for days trying to get some type of customer service number that I can call, but it keeps taking me back to that damn website! If anyone knows the number that I can call to talk to a customer service person about this PLEASE help me out!

Horizon Gold Card info

Complaints Board | Horizon Gold Credit CardHallmark Bank NA Hallmark Trust Finance Hallmark Trust Finance Bank Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. is located in the Turks & Caicos Islands a British Overseas ...
https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/horizon-gold-credit-card-c12720.html - 45k -

Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. office hours are 8.30 am to 5.00 PM, EST, Monday to Friday.

Contact: Greg Hurd, Millicent Grant or Brian Trowbridge

Swann Trowbridge McKnight
Attorneys at Law.
briantrowbridge@hbtl.tc
BT@swannlaw.tc>
btrowbridge@hallmarktrust.tc or (649) 946-5524.

Phone: 649-941-5191
Facsimile: 649-941-5801
Email: horizon@lochaven.tc

Hallmark Bank NA
Hallmark Finance & Savings Bank (at hfshuk.50megs.com)

Facsimile: 1 649 946-5316

Brian F. J. Trowbridge, B.A., LLB, T.E.P. a graduate of the University of British Columbia Law School, a member of the Turks and Caicos Bar Association and a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. Mr. Trowbridge is a Director, CEO and Chairman of Hallmark Trust Limited. He is also a piece of ### attorney practicing in the Turks and Caicos Islands and a Barrister and Solicitor practicing in British Columbia.De frauding people Mr. Trowbridge has written extensively on a variety of issues affecting the international finance industry on how to ### you over and has over 30 years experience in practicing jerk off law in this banana republic

### YOU BRIAN TROWBRIDGE you piece of ###ing dog ###

Compass Prepaid MasterCard

P.O. Box 104
Tropicana Plaza
Providenciales
Turks & Caicos Island OR P.O. Box 325, STN 'A'
Etobicoke, ON
M9C 4V3
Canada

Telephone: 649 941-5191
Facsimile: 649 941-5801
Email: compass@lochaven.tc

Hallmark Bank NA
Hallmark Finance & Savings Bank (at hfshuk.50megs.com)

Federal Reserve Banks
Major Consumer Protection Laws
Contacting Federal Agencies
Online Complaint Form
If you have a complaint about a bank or other financial institution, the Federal Reserve System can help.

The Federal Reserve System is one of five federal banking agencies responsible for administering many of the federal laws that protect consumers in their dealings with financial institutions. The Federal Reserve investigates consumer complaints against banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System (state member banks). The Board of Governors, in Washington, D.C., works with the twelve Federal Reserve Banks across the country to ensure that state member banks abide by the law.

We help consumers by:
Identifying the appropriate federal banking regulator and referring complaints to that agency

Investigating complaints about state member banks

Answering questions about banking practices

How to File a Consumer Complaint About a Bank
What complaints are investigated?
If you think a bank has been unfair or misleading, discriminated against you in lending, or violated a law or regulation, you have the right to file a complaint (see "Major Consumer Protection Laws"). Complaints about discrimination in housing are covered by the Fair Housing Act. These complaints are investigated by the Federal Reserve and referred to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

How do you file a complaint?
First, please try to settle the problem directly with your bank. This may involve contacting senior bank management or the bank's customer service representative.

If you cannot resolve the problem with your bank, you may want to file a complaint with the appropriate federal regulator (see "Contacting Federal Agencies"). If you cannot identify the federal regulator, contact the Federal Reserve Board, and we will forward your complaint to the appropriate agency.

For complaints about state member banks, you can use the online complaint form or file a written complaint with the Federal Reserve--either with the Board or with the appropriate Federal Reserve Bank. Please include the following:

Your name, address, and daytime telephone number

The complete legal name and address of the bank involved in your complaint

Your bank or credit card account number, if applicable

The names of the people you contacted at the bank, along with the dates

A description of the complaint. Tell us what happened, the dates involved, and the names of those you dealt with at the bank. The more information we have about the problem, the quicker we will be able to help resolve it. Include copies of letters or other documents that may help us investigate your complaint. Please send only copies of documents--do not send originals.

Please remember to sign and date your letter, and send it to:
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Division of Consumer and Community Affairs
20th and C Streets, NW, Stop 801
Washington, DC 20551
For more information, please call (202) 452-3693.

What will the Federal Reserve do?
Consumer complaints filed against state member banks are investigated by one of the 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks, based upon the location of the bank involved in your complaint. If your complaint is received by the Board and involves a state member bank, Board staff will forward your complaint to the appropriate Reserve Bank for investigation.

The Reserve Bank may contact you to request additional information about your complaint. As the Reserve Bank investigates each issue raised in your letter, it will --

Ask the state member bank involved for information and records regarding your complaint

Determine if the bank's response addresses your concerns

Send you a letter about its findings

The Reserve Bank will let you know if it finds an error or a violation of a federal law or regulation. Investigations usually last 30 to 60 days. If more than 60 days have passed, the Reserve Bank will contact you to let you know the status of the investigation. Please note that it may take several months to resolve complaints alleging illegal credit discrimination.

Although the Federal Reserve looks into every complaint that involves the banks we regulate, we do not have the authority to resolve every type of problem. For example, we are unable to resolve contract disputes or undocumented factual disputes between a customer and a bank. In these cases, we suggest that you contact an attorney. Also, we cannot investigate matters that are the subject of a pending lawsuit.

Complaints about customer service or disagreements over specific bank policies and procedures--which are usually determined by the individual bank--are not addressed by federal law or regulation. However, if you file a complaint, a bank may voluntarily work with you to resolve the problem.

Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Division of Consumer and Community Affairs
Mail Stop 801
20th and C Streets NW
Washington, DC 20551
(202) 452-3693
www.federalreserve.gov

Fair Credit and Charge Card Disclosure Act of 1988
Requires that applications for credit cards that are sent through the mail, solicited by telephone, or made available to the public (for example, at counters in retail stores or through catalogs) contain information about key terms of the account. Amended the Truth in Lending Act.

Fair Credit Billing Act (1974)
Specifies how creditors must respond to billing complaints from consumers; imposes requirements to ensure that creditors handle accounts fairly and promptly. Applies primarily to revolving and credit card accounts (for example, store card and bank card accounts). Amended the Truth in Lending Act.

Fair Credit Reporting Act (1970)
Protects consumers against inaccurate or misleading information in credit files maintained by credit reporting agencies; requires credit reporting agencies to allow credit applicants to correct erroneous reports.

Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (1977)
Prohibits abusive debt-collection practices. Applies to banks that function as debt collectors for other entities

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (1999)
Regulation P -- Privacy of Consumer Financial Information. Describes the conditions under which financial institutions may disclose nonpublic personal information about consumers to nonaffiliated third parties, provides a method for consumers to opt out of information sharing with nonaffiliated third parties, and requires financial institutions to notify consumers about their privacy policies and practices.
Regulation H -- Consumer Protection in Sales of Insurance. Describes conditions for retail sales, solicitations, advertising, or offers of insurance products or annuities by state member banks or by others at an office of a bank. Prohibits coercion and misrepresentations and requires disclosures in connection with the initial purchase of an insurance product or annuity.

Ka
  23rd of Sep, 2007

always read the fine printed text on credit offers. i received a postcard to apply for a card through horizon and was going to till i read the terms on the card and found out you have to order products from THEIR website and they charge a lot of fees for service and cancellation. good luck getting any money back.

An
  29th of Apr, 2008

I first would like to say its a privikege and a honor to be selected to be a horizon gold card member.Although, I was pre- approvaed as a possible potential member.The approval number is z3071787. however, I attempted to apply on line without the approval number after getting off work. Then I tried to document the approval number the computer would not let me in. At your earliest convience please make the necessary corrections thats needed. It popped up saying that I couldnt go any furter because it would be fraud.By all means I wouldnt never attempt that at all. I do apologive for any in conviences.Again thankyou very much for your complete cooperation.

Ma
  9th of Jun, 2008

this company is misleading and its no wonder the make the print sooo small so that no one would be able to read what the card ir really about, . this card is dumb and misleading, and the customer services they have also sucks, i cancled this card shortly after i recieved it and they didnt cancle it and these hole 6 months they've been chargeing me i new nothing about, this dumb because i cancled them long agao and there still chargeing me to have a stupid card i dont use.

Su
  15th of Aug, 2008

If you have been duped by these idiots and need the number for them here it is.

1-800-251-6144

Call them to cancel your card/account, refuse all of their worthless offers, demand the cancelation in writing, if they doddle at all threaten to sue them. It worked for me.

Th
  1st of Apr, 2009

Yes I agree to this, They took 49.95 off of my emrald card from H&R Block told me that I would recieve my card in the mail in 7-10 business days and here it is two and a half weeks later and I still did not recieve anything. I am kinda of irratated over this whole mater and I also was told that this was a mastercard and I sure enough hope that it is cause the web said that it was to help me rebuild my credit. This is not right then I go on the website to try and find a customer service number and I could not find it. Thankfully someone posted it already which I am thankful for. If anyone ever needs to get any kind of 1-800 number you can dail this number right here 1-800-555-1212 its called toll free directory powered by tell me Its gets me all the numbers that I want. But I tried finding this credit card company on it and it said that they don't list there number with them so I am taking it that this is a gimic. I am quite upset basically stole money from childrens mouths that is messed up...

Pr
  2nd of Oct, 2009

Same experience. Everyone report this company to the Better Business Bureau (BBB.org) and give them all telephone numbers and/or addresses; fictitious names associated with Horizon. They WILL investigate!