Horizon Credit Card / stay away from this card!

On May 08,2017 I signed up online for a Horizon credit card which to my knowledge I would be getting a master or visa card. I waited almost two weeks for it to arrive in the mail. In the mean time the company had immediately taken 86.99 out of my checking account. I was absolutely disappointed when my card had arrived and I soon realized I could only use it on the computer!!! When signing up I was never explained that!!! With out a doubt I will never refer anyone to this card!!! Do not use it!

Jackie

Comments

• St
      25th of Feb, 2009
    Horizon Credit Card - CONSUMERS BEWARE!!
    Horizon Card Services

This is the actual email I sent to these Yahoos - I have NEVER filed a complaint against any company. Like many others I not only feel deceived, but stupid. I consider myself to be a somewhat intelligent person. They sent me an email after I cancelled this card wanting to make sure I had 100% satisfaction...WOW!

Oh, so glad you finally sent me an email (never received the one I was told I
    would receive when submitting this application) Once realizing what this card
    was actually about and then doing research online, the ONLY contact information
    I could find for your company was off of compliant websites. Most felt deceived
    as I did. I would not recommend you advertise on CREDIT CARD websites as this is
    not truly what this is. I can get a Fingerhut card and do the same thing.

I found a customer service contact number within the responses from your company
    regarding the several hundred complaints and called immediately yesterday after
    realizing the confirmation email was not coming through. I tried to call, but
    your offices were closed. NOT a convenient thing when dealing with a "credit
    card".

I called this morning and talked to a CSR who drilled me for questions on why I
    wanted to cancel. Not just asked, DRILLED. Isn't one reason good enough? Once I
    got past her, she then transferred me to a supervisor who asked me the SAME
    questions again, yet pushed even harder to get me to keep the card. My reasoning
    was still the same even after reading her script. I was disappointed at the
    beginning of the call, but angered at the end. Once she realized that I was not
    going to bite, she then turned somewhat nasty, her tone was very short on the
    phone and barely got through the word "Thanks" before hanging up the phone.

I was refunded and this card was cancelled, thank goodness, but what I endured
    to get there was not at all what one should experience when attempting to build
    credit back up. Not everyone lives beyond their means, some have tragedies in
    their lives which force them to get into debt, possibly file bankruptcy and have
    to start all over from less than square one. Don't assume everyone is a deadbeat
    and certainly don't treat them like one.

You may want to make your contact information available without needing to log
    on to your site. People MAY just call ahead of time to get the information they
    need to make an educated decision. It also MAY field some angry applicants who
    have decided maybe this card was the wrong choice. Considering I filtered
    through MANY complaints about your company prior to finding a customer service
    number to call did not help in your attempt to save a customer.