Horizon Builders and Development / Unprofessional handymen instead of specialists

1 Encino, CA, United States Review updated:

General contractor provided non egress window for the bedroom, caused structural damage removing subfloor, plastered phone box with stucco, damaged phone line and cut off access to service the phone, did not provide wood stairs as per contract, hired unprofessional handymen instead of specialists, did substandard work, took money up front, did not do proper repairs, abandoned job, did not refund the money.

Va

Comments

• Ho
      7th of Oct, 2008

As you see, this customer is the only one who has a negative opinion about us. Although all our efforts, we could not satisfy her, some of the mentioned items are not part of our contract, and the others were fixed few times.

Horizon Builders & Development has been working in the construction fields for over 20 years. We highly value our customers and our ultimate goal is to give total satisfaction with our performance, which is professionally executed by skilled and experienced staff.
    A proof for that is the highest rate we have at the BBB which is AAA; you can also check the many references we have in our web site: HorizonBuilders4U.com; and check our license # 837335 at the CSLB.

• Ke
      9th of Nov, 2008

It should be mentioned that Horizon Builders refuses to pay their employees. I can tell you this as a first hand account. Apparently apart from the home owner whose home we were working just recently, I have received infromation from other homeowners that they are far from satisfied with the work or lack thereof they had to pay upfront for. Most everyone hired to do work for this company is still awating payment even when work has been completed. It seems everything started to go awry when the actual corporate offices left a guy named Arie in charge. Since then, we've been calling numerous times as well as having to waste time driving to the Encino offices only to receive excuses or simply no answer at all. I've recently learned that this same company headed by the same people has opened two new offices somewhere in the city of Anaheim. If you are or were at any time an employee of this company and have been denied payment, you should file a complaint with the Labor Commision. If you are a customer of this company, call the Contractors License Board or the Better Business Bereau.

• Ea
      28th of Mar, 2009

I to am a victom of : HORIZON BUILDERS & DEVELOPMENT located in Encino, I am a sub-contractor still trying to collect more then 1/2 of my money two months after the job has been completed.

IF you are luck enought to reed this message before you contract with HORIZON BUILDERS & DEVELOPMENT in ENCINO with there agent ARIE AFLALO or eny other of ther agents.

BE AWARE THEY HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF KEEPING THERE PROMISES OR PAYING OFF WHAT THE OWE.

• Bk
      26th of Mar, 2010

we are victims of this company also. the project took a lot longer than they said it was going to take. the quality and worksmanship is horrible. we paid over $80K 4 years ago for our remodel and everything started falling apart 1 year after it was done. Our tile floors are getting chipped, our wooden floor boards are coming up one by one, our paint has been chipped and the paint job is inconsistent, our kitchen and bath cabinets are completely chipped and molded due to lack of sealant which they were suppose to do and said that they did. what else? there's more...

we were and are completely dissatisfied with the work and professionalism that this company provided. they did not even cover any of our furniture till we asked them to and even then, did a crappy job... we had to dispose of the trash they left from the construction ourseleves. they did not even pay for a dumpster.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! don't believe their promises or their references. We did and got CRAP!!!

• Gr
      4th of Jun, 2011

Horizon Builders & Development Ltd. Canada
    These guys are located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    They are no better are those in States. I have been trying to get them to cover the site they have worked on it very unproffessionally since the spring began, and still waiting. They are working with aother company calledDirect Services. I only have contact to a couple of guys and a secretary. The main guy who is in charge of our project, is called Eyal and claims that he has a boss. They are good talkers. Don't get fooled by them. They are untrained handymen.
    Funny and sad that he was trying to get me sign up with them for services Direct Energy offers in Ontario.
    No need to say that I had to call Direct Energy to come and fix the wrong job these guys did in my house. I paid more than $14k for the renovation of less than a half basement of a 1000 sqf house, and didn't get even worth half of the money job done.