Hope To HomeownersUnauthorized charges

S Review updated:

I started working with IGS when I thought their name was Hope to Homeowners. I filled out all of their required paperwork, attached my financial docs, and paid them $995. I did not hear back from them for weeks. My calls all went un-returned. When I finally got a hold of someone they said I would need to be patient because it was very difficult to work with my current Lender.

After waiting for so long, I decided to contact my bank myself, in the hopes of getting something done before I went into foreclosure. Within one week I was able to speak with someone at my bank and get some answers. When I updated IGS, they stated I simply got lucky to get someone on the phone. They still did nothing, but kept telling me they were leaving messages with some rep at my bank. Again I contacted my bank on my own and they asked for my financial information and started telling me about my options. I contacted IGS with this information. They, in turn, contacted my bank and apparently started yelling at them. They were so rude to them that my bank called me to complain. They stated they would not work with IGS and they had no authorization to deal with anything regarding my loan. My bank suggested I call IGS and get a refund, they believed I had been scammed.

I called IGS and requested a refund. I spoke to a supervisor named Scott Dormaier who stated that I did not qualify for a refund. He said they worked very hard on my file and would not give me a refund. I believe I deserve a refund of my $995, considering my own bank is not willing to work them and therefore they can not get me a loan modification, which is what I paid them for.

• T
      Jun 18, 2009

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you thats why I'm on here trying to make a difference and maybe help more people save there houses. I recently did a loan Modification with the Al Verdi Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at [protected] The gentlemen I worked with name was Cale Swanson.

Thanks again Al Verdi Law Group

• I
      Jul 23, 2009
    Hope To Homeowners - Failure to deliver
    Infinity Grou Services
    California

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY THEY ARE CROOKS. Below is my story

I contacted IGS to help with the Hope to Homeowners program that the government had announced in January of this year. I spoke to Chad Law which assured me they could help and the had a very good relationship with Countrywide Financial which I later found was BS. I paid the $995 start fee and did not hear back until I called them to find out what was going on.

I provided all the documentation they requested. After a few weeks on not hearing anything I contacted them and was told to be patient that the process takes time. I contacted the lender to find out the status at which time they said we had been denied because they are not accepting the Hope to Homeowners program. You figure that IGS would have known since the have "a good relationship with them". I contacted IGS to let them know what Countrywide had said at which point they asked if I would like them to convert it to a loan modification. They had my money so of course I said yes.

They supposedly submitted the paperwork in April but everytime I called Countrywide which by this time was BofA they said they had not received anything. On May 29 I was out of money and couldn't pay my mortgage so the collections dept. of BofA called me I spoke to a representative and decided to give them my financial information to try to get the ball rolling. I asked if IGS had been calling them in regards to a loan modification which they answered they had not received any calls. The rep took down the wrong information so I was denied. I called IGS and spoke to Kelli Jennings which said Ok I will close your file since their is nothing else I can do. I asked for a refund at which time she claimed they did alot of work on this file and submitted all the paperwork. After a short discussion she agreed to call the lender to find out why I was denied. Her attitude seemed as though she wanted them to deny my application for modification. We went over the finances and they had us earning $12, 300 instead of $5, 600 which is a big difference. The rep prequalified me and asked for additional information which I provided.

I stayed active in calling BofA and IGS to make sure it kept moving. I called BofA on July 17 to find out the status at which point I was told I had been denied because my loan was not Fannie May or Freddie Mac which again IGS should have known. To date I have not received a call from IGS. They are crooks and you should not trust them.

• S
      Jan 07, 2010

Please flag the names Sean Regan and David Duncan. Sean Regan was involved with IGS and then apparently went to USA Mortgage Aid that Duncan either owns or is the CEO. Anyway you cannot get in touch with them now. Phones are disconnected and website will not forward emails. They took $1500.00 from me last Dec.09 for a redmod. I recently retain Janian & Associates, a law firm to represent me with my remodification. They are also going to try and get my money back from USA Mortgage. Please pass these names along to anyone looking for a remodificiation. Do not pay anything to these men.

• M
      Feb 18, 2010

USA Mortgage Aid took $1964.00 from us just to get our mortgage co. (saxon) to do our Modification - since then we have been in the biggest trip bag you can imagine.
    Michael L Smith
    [protected]@yahoo.com
    [protected]

• T
      May 20, 2011

David Duncan is one of the owners and Al Pereida were the owners. Both live in Orange County CA, company was out of Laguna hills, ca and Irvine Ca they had 2 different offices. They did help alot of homeowners get out of high intrest rates and get caught up on loans, and get back on track, and did have alot of satisfied clients. Of course not all clients will have a happy ending, and they may not be able to help everyone out based on your lenders guidelines etc. They did offer a money back guarentee for those they couldnt help.
    [protected]@duncanmarketing.com, [protected]@duncanmarketing.com