Hopcat / Bad business practices

1 25 IoniaGrand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6164514677

This establishment has a bully staff. They treat their customers like crap and do not respect their patrons. I was rudely kicked out of this place for no reason by the assistant manager. Imagine being with a group of friends and coworkers at a company outing when the manager walks up to you and removes you with force under the guise of dropping drinks on purpose. Embarrassing? ABSOLUTELY. I do not suggest using this establishment for anything other than another place to ignore. BE ADVISED.

Comments

8th of Nov, 2008

Sir, your and some of your co-workers WERE dropping drinks, and it looked to us like it was on purpose. Some in your party had had too much at another bar before stopping into our place. When we realized some of you had been overserved elsewhere we kicked those people out. Sorry you didn't agree, but we have to make choices like that as bar managers and owners. Sometimes the choice is unpopular with the people being kicked out but when drinks are dropped and then someone is laughing about it, multiple times, they gotta go. Imagine how irresponsible it would have been for us to sit there believing you were drunk yet let you stay just so we could make a few $. Whether you were actually drunk or not, if we believed you were, we had a responsibility to ask you to leave. That's what a responsible bar owner does. Sorry it angered you and you felt you had to "punish" us by posting your one-sided grievance on the Internet. Mark Sellers, owner, HopCat

10th of Oct, 2016

I CANNOT understand why a chain restaurant would ever, under any circumstance, want themselves to be associated with crack cocaine. The name 'Crack Fries' and what it implies is, in my mind, unacceptable behavior for a major business.

I will never patronize HopCat due to this BLATANTLY juvenile, tasteless attempt at making your menu item seem 'addictive'.

Absolutely un-professional.