HoodiaPlex Labs / Total rip off and scam!

I saw an on-line offer for Hoodia Complex, offering a trial size for 'free', with shipping/handling of $6.95. I thought it might be a rip off, but for only $7 I figured why not. I received the trial size, then about 2 weeks later got a 30 day supply. I checked online and saw that other consumers were complaining. Checked my credit card and sure enough, had been charged $69.95 for a month's supply. I went to their web site to see the ad, and it was different from the ad I had seen and ordered from. Of course, I can't prove that, but I know there was not a disclaimer printed below the order button saying I was signing up for monthly shipments of hoodia for $69.95.

Called the company and stopped the monthly shipments. Called my credit card and got no help from them. I've been ripped off. I would like to see this business and others businesses who use questionable marketing tactics to sell their product removed from the web. I will never try a product from the internet again.

Va

More HoodiaPlex Labs Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Wa
      13th of Nov, 2007

I also thought "why not" I'll try the sample, before I spend so much for the total package. I was shocked to see the $69.95 charge on my account. I have 4 kids and would seriously not waste that much money on a diet pill; unless it was a super- miracle pill. I could not believe it when I saw it. I only hope that I can get it removed and refunded. I could desperately use it for bills and my kids. We should seriously come up with an advertisement that attaches itself to their advertisement, so others can be forwarded and not become another victim as so many of use trusting souls have.

• Do
      15th of Nov, 2007

I have been trying to stop shipments for two months. Returned a bottle unopened but never got a credit on my credit card. Now I have two more to return. I wrote a letter twice and both times it has come back with wrong address. The address on the letter was the same as the return address on the shipment. HoodiaPlex Labs
    10161 Park Run Dr. #150, Las Vegas, NV 89145

My question is how do I get these shipments stopped?

19th of Nov, 2007

I also tried this as a sample. I did not read anywhere that they would be shipping more of the pills. I can't afford this and I want to know how to get this taken care of.

Linda Kinney.

• Ka
      19th of Nov, 2007

I just got onto my online checking account and noticed that I have been charged $69.95 for a month's supply of the Hoodia Complex. I, like all the others, cannot afford this kind of charge on my card. I am married, have a child, and am still in college. I would like to know if anyone else found a way to get their money back... if you have any suggestions on what to do, I would greatly appreciate them. I would also like to know which number to call to get the monthly shipments stopped. Thank you.

21st of Nov, 2007

Same as above. No need to take up space. Everyone ahead of me has said it all.

23rd of Nov, 2007

big ripoff

• Mo
      24th of Nov, 2007

Today I received a package in the mail containing a bottle from HoodiaPlex in Las Vegas. That was all. No invoice, no information, no paper trail. Going online to look up the company, I came across this complaint site and many others like it. Like all of you, I requested a TRIAL ONLY. When I called the number on the back of my ATM card, the operator told me that I had been billed $69.95. She has to cancel my card, re-issue a new number (7-10 days wait), and told me to get a police report number to submit as well. She also told me that it was good I found this site before the situation worsened. Thank you to all for posting your complaints. It was helpful to me.

• Cy
      25th of Nov, 2007

Same comments as everyone else - received a second packet almost a day after the first "free sample" arrived and can't figure out how to reach these folks to stop further shipments.

• Cy
      26th of Nov, 2007

Hey all - I did a reverse on the address in the white pages and found an executive suites at that number - with no client by this name. The executive suite is The Intelligent Office at 702-835-6888 - I suggest that everyone call them and start complaining so that they contact the LV police. Looks like we all got scammed.

29th of Nov, 2007

This was such a rip-off. I stopped the future shipments, but I am out of 69.95 for a bottle I didn't order. I tried the free sample and paid for the postage.

Didn't think no more about it, because I was never notified that they would be sending me another bottle.

I wish I could get my money back. Times are hard, and money is hard to come by.

1st of Dec, 2007

The same thing happened to me. I saw the "trial offer" on the Oprah web page and decided to try it. Twenty days after receiving the trial offer, another bottle arrived in the mail. There was only a bottle of Hoodia in the package. No receipt or paperwork of any kind. I immediately checked my credit card on-line and saw they had charged $69.95 to my card. The phone number my credit card company had was not a working number and I have tried several times to call another number that is "not available at this time, try again later". I returned the shippment using certified mail with a return receipt and cancelled my credit card. My card company could not tell me they would stop any further charges from that company. Lesson learned, I guess. I hope someone can put this company out of business!!

3rd of Dec, 2007

Same as everyone else, signed up for the Free trail on 11/14/07 which I never received. On Saturday Dec. 1 st, received a bottle which I never ordered and they charged my credit card 69.95. They are not authorized to send me or charge me anything.

• Di
      5th of Dec, 2007

Same again, couldn't believe it when I saw the new shipment and my credit card bill. I called the number on the HoodiaPlex Labs bottle 1-800-597-8654. It took a while for me to get through. I kept calling back until I got someone. They canceled my account but told me I could not send back the bottle for a refund due to tampering reasons. This isn't over.

• Ki
      5th of Dec, 2007

I just got off the phone with Hoodia and I wanted to throw the phone. What a RIP OFF!! I was also billed $69.95 for something I did not order.
    I can't believe this was on Oprah's web site. I will be more careful next time. I wonder if she is aware of this scam. Maybe she should be informed about the deceptive advertising on her site.

• Ke
      8th of Dec, 2007

Same thing as all emails above - I hate these people. I will tell everyone that will listen. All I want is my 69.95 back it's Christmas.

• Kr
      13th of Dec, 2007

I am in the same boat as everyone else. I contacted my bank and am disputing the charge. I DELIBERATELY chose a card with not enough balance to cover the cost in CASE they sent a whole bottle of Hoodia. They did - and shockingly my bank allowed the charge and also charged me an over limit fee. I am disputing all of this. When I tried to cancel within the 10 days of the sample, the recording that I got from the 800 # on the bottle said "this 800 # is a temporarily non-working #." It did not state anything about the working hours. I gave up after 3 attempts. Now I am in this mess.

• Tr
      16th of Dec, 2007

I am in the same situation... I agreed to the trial offer, paid the shipping with my DEBIT card... so the company had access to my personal checking account in which they charged me for 2 more 30day supply bottles of the product. I sent them back to the address that was listed on the site in which it stated a refund would be given if not satisfied... I called 10 days later, the man I spoke with was very nice, he told me my refund was authorized on Dec. 1st back to my card and it should be posted in 4-7 days. I have checked my account daily... no refund was ever posted. I just want my money back and my account canceled. I had no idea they would charge my account again and again. They are not practicing good business and I hope someone can help us all with this matter. You are all correct in saying that they changed their web pages to show no current phone number or address and omitted the refund policy as previously was seen when we all ordered.

• Ca
      28th of Dec, 2007

Attention Attention here is what to do first off contact your credit card company and tell them you did not ok the extra shipments.
    Second Hoodia plex labs have moved here is the new customer service # and address you can call them between 8am-4pm M thru F pacific time Hoodia Plex Labs, 6170 West Lake Mead Blvd. #518, Las Vegas NV 89108 and the number is 1-800-597-8533. Now the customer service will only stop future shipments but to get your money back you have to go thru your card that you used for purchase. Now they told me on the bottom of the order form "the terms policy" if you clicked it without reading it it says" contact us in 14 days to stop shipments otherwise you will received it every 30 days for $69.95. Now hurry before you get stuck with more of this crap

• Lo
      1st of Jan, 2008

My story is like the rest I've read here. I ordered the 10 day trial sample for $5.49 (S&H) and was planning on starting it after the new year and much to my surprise received another shipment this weekend that I did not order. I haven't even tried the product yet to see if it's going to work, so why would I want more? Of course, my bank account has been credited with the amount of $69.90 for this and I'm upset because I DID NOT order it!! Needless to say, the bank has been notified and this company will not get another penny out of me.

• Dj
      4th of Jan, 2008

I am still scratching to get my $69.95 back that Hoodia scamed from all of us. Since the second week of December 15th, after all wrong phone numbers and return of Hoodia product(that got returned back to me), and contacting of my bank who said I didn't read the full disclaimer, I finally wrote to the State of Nevada, Consumer Affairs Division complaining about you know what! I am now awaiting their reply. I even wrote Oprah Winfrey, but got nowhere there. She did take her name off their website so that's good. There are still the other sponsors like NBC 60 minutes; CBS today show; and BBC NEWS. We have to hit Hoodia in their pockets too. Don't give up, and keep on writing, and if you have a MySpace spot - write there too. These are bad bad people ripping us off and they are still doing it on the web!