HoodiaPlex Lab/HoodiaComplex / fraudulent billing -after free trial offer

10161 Park Run Dr. #150Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-597-8654
I ordered a free trial sample offer of Hoodia complex thru an online ad with shipping fee $6.95 charged to my credit card and 10 days later a charge of $69.95 is charged to my credit card and I start receiving a monthly supply of Hoodia that I did not order. I tried to call the company at their 800 number and it is not a valid working number. I tried to find their website for an alternate contact number and it referred me to the RIP-OFF SCAM nationwde for this.

Comments

De
  15th of Jan, 2008
The same thing happened to me - I even tried sending it back - only to have it returned "no deliverable address"!!! Help.
Ga
  16th of Jan, 2008
BEWARE BEWARE SCAM ALERT BEWARE BEWARE -

HOODIAPLEX LABS, 10161 PARK RUN DRIVE, LAS VEGAS NV 89145 (800) 597-8654

AVOID THIS 'FREE TRIAL' HOODIAPLEX LABS OFFER!

As have others, obviously, I responded to the $5.49 free trial on 12/3. On 12/17, they shipped an "order" and charged my credit card $69.95; I reported it to Visa fraud department and sent the unopened "order" back to them 12/21 via USPS -- it has not been claimed, apparently.

Today, Visa advised me that a second $69.95 "order" was charged to my account on the 14th. I tried Hoodia and after (877) 492-9038 was answered with a message that it was "temporarily unavailable" I tried (800) 597-8654, where after a tw0-minute hold, a woman actually answered - to say that the trial offer stated that regular orders would follow unless I cancelled. (Which I did by returning their first unordered $69.95 package they haven't picked up from USPS)

So I had Visa cancel my old card and issue a new one to keep them from shipping any more Hoodia complex, and I had Visa open a fraud case to get a refund of the $139.90 this sleazy outfit has charged us.

I've since learned that Wal-Mart, among others, has the same quality Hoodia complex.
Je
  19th of Jan, 2008

Hoodiaplex Labs / HoodiaComplex - Withdrawing money 69.95 from acct!
Hoodiaplex Labs

I am the same as everyone else. I ordered free trial and twice already $69.95 has been taken from my checking acct. Beware people!
An
  27th of Jan, 2008
I just received my free trial bottle, the week of 1/21/ o8 I plan to opt out after seeing these fraudulent practices. Called the 800 number and they said temporarily unavailable... try again. I will in the morning. I will also go to my creditor and attempt to block payment . Something must be done to protect online consumers.
Ca
  2nd of Feb, 2008
Same old story!! I ordered the sample. (which, by the way, did not work). My Fiancee' and I are getting married. I called Visa for a credit limit increase and was informed of the Hoodia Plex Labs, from Las Vegas charged me $69.99. I had to cancel my card. Now I'm on hold for the credit limit increase and have to file a fraud case. It will take around 2 weeeks to receive my new ccd, which is after our wedding day. My only saving grace is that these people have to answer to the Lord!
Ma
  25th of Feb, 2008
It took several attempts to locate HoodiaPlex Labs. Thank you for monitoring this company.

Today I cancelled future orders (because the product didn't work) only to learn that even if I return the product, I cannot be refunded the charge to my credit card. I understand about the tampering laws which were cited to me, however, the company should have made "All Sales Are Final" more obvious on their ording page, instead of burying it in the legalize! Whatever happened to "satification guaranteed?"

My experience with this company makes me less likely to order anything through an internet ad again.
Ba
  4th of Mar, 2008
Same thing, I just got off the phone with these people. This is the second,69.99 I have been charged. What a racket. This is also the second time I have cancelled by phone. Also was told money will not be refunded. I guess i'll have to starve myself to lose weight. It is probably a lot cheaper in the long run.
Gl
  9th of Mar, 2008
Same thing - I wondered what the charge was. I am calling my bank tomorrow, but from above apparently that will do no good, and I guess calling the 800 won't either - what an inconvenience to have to cancel card - I do have auto deliveries THAT I APPROVED AND WANT so changing card number is a real pain.
Lo
  10th of Mar, 2008
Same rip off - on line free trial ordered with just postage to be paid - now being charged monthly for product not ordered or authorized
Cr
  25th of Mar, 2008
***OK I guess here is my question:

1) What are organizations such as Better Business Bureau, Consumer Fraud, and our state authorites doing about this??
2) I see lots of cmplaining, but this company still is charging my cc and others are falling into the trap
3) This Fraud is just plain THEFT!!
4) How can our government let a company set up shop with noone answering calls, taking refunds, and talking to their "paying" customers??

Who agrees and what are we going to do!!!
So
  21st of Jul, 2008
I'm sitting here reading all of these comments...as I wait to get through to a number...that my credit card company gave me that was next to Hoodia charge amount...Wish me luck...She did tell me..that if I don't get any results, to call them back and they will assist me in getting this fixed. This is ridiculous...didn't mind paying for the first one...now i have received two more...and I was out of the country...while this stuff started to pile up. Okay...just got through to this Jami...and she said she will cancel...the number that I called was 877 492 9036...Now
I have to call CITI and have them also handle it from their add...Hope this works...and hope this helps anyone who's having the same fun as we all are...take care