HoodiaPhen / Rip off!

Oklahoma City, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-611-6897

I ordered a "free" sample of the diet product hoodiaphen and later found charges on my bank account for $49.95 and $149.95 for a 60 day supply of this product that I did not want. I did not authorize these charges and have been unable to contact anyone to cancel my membership. I had to cancel my card and get a new one issued to ensure that no more money would be taken. I wish I had done more research on this before I had committed myself to the "free" trial. It is a rip-off and a scam. I did not want the additional supply and cannot even take the pills. I noticed after taking the pills for a week I started to experience chest pains, headaches, and choking sensation in my throat. The website listed on the confirmation email I received does not work. After I received the additional bottles I was able to get to a website and followed the links found there. This company is a scam and a disgrace! Something should be done to stop their lousy business practices. They are ripping thousands of people off!

More HoodiaPhen Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ma
  13th of Dec, 2007
Same scenario: I ordered the stinking pills via a free trial basis on 11/13/07; which only the shipping would be charged to my c.c. of $4.95 (still have the printed receipt). I checked my bank transactions and there was a charge of $149.95 (which caused overdraft fees) on 12/5/2007. And same thing, I've been trying to see if I can get a hold of customer service rep and nothing. The good thing is that I have not opened the 2 stinking bottles and don't plan on taking the F*&!@^? pills. This is pathetic! Legal action will be taken!
Cl
  17th of Dec, 2007
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU NICE PEOPLE THAT MADE THIS ALL HAPPEN FOR ME TO CHECK THE SCAM WEB (THANKS )AGAIN, AND I,M SORRY THAT DISHONESTY IS NOT HONOR BY THESE PEOPLE , HOWEVER WHEN THIS HAPPEN TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY JUST OFFER UP A PRAYER OF FORGIVENESS TO (ALMIGHT GOD) FOR THEM ,AND ASK HIM TO GIVE YOU THREE FOLD IN RETURN,AND IF YOU TRUELY BELIEVE WHAT YOUR ASKING HE WILL DO IT ,ALSO FOR THE EVIL THAT WAS DONE TO YOU AND I,OUR FORGIVEING THEM WITH A CLEAN HEART WILL ALOUD (ALMIGHTY GOD) JUDGEMENT TO TAKE PLACE ON THEIR LIFE AND THEIR FALSE DISHONEST LIFE STYLE, AND THAT THEIR SIN WILL COME UP BEFORE HIM TO BE JUDGE (PSALM37:1to40 PLEASE READ!!THEY WERE ABLE TO ONLY GET $4.95 FROM MY ACCOUNT,PRAISE THE LORD,IT,S HIS MONEY ANYWAY(PSALM:50-1to23 PLEASE READ, SO WHEN THEY ROB HONEST PEOPLE THEY ARE ROBBING (ALMIGHTY GOD) OH YES I WAIT A WEEK AND WHEN I DID NOT RECIEVE MY ORDER AND NO PACKAGE, I CALL MY CC COMPANY AND YOU KNOW THE REST, GOD BLESS TO ALL AND HAVE A BLESS NEW YEARS, BY AMIGHTY GOD GRACE AND MERCY.
Ka
  23rd of Dec, 2007
I just ordered the free trial for $4.95. What should I do?
Me
  28th of Dec, 2007

Hoodiaphen - Fraud and cheating!
Hoodiaphen

Was billed $149.95 (and never received product) without authorization after paying $4.95 for a free trial.
Se
KRIS TO THE RESCUE LOL

their customer service number is 4056312211 the whole thing is a freakin rip off they are allowed to charge us 150.00 read the terms and conditions under privacy policy on order page this is ### i never saw that b4
Pa
  28th of Dec, 2007
Same exact experience here.

Although it is important to "know" what the terms and conditions are, who actually reads that s%*#? The $149.00 charge should have been made available in plain site. If it were, then I am sure very few people would sigh up for the "free trial." BULLS&*#!
Mi
  29th of Dec, 2007
I ordered free trial and now want to cancel but cannot find any information to contact Hoodiaphen. I will not pay cancellation fee. They are a rip off and it didn't work any way.
Jm
  1st of Jan, 2008
Same exact thing happened to me. I paid $4.95 for the "FREE" 10-day sample. I just recieved that in the mail this last week (the sample) and now after looking over my credit card statement, have found that the company charged me $149.95 on Dec 24th. I have no idea what this charge is for and nobody will answer my calls to their customer service number. I never signed up for a membership to anything and am really pissed off at whatever I'm being charged for (especially since I just found out I'm pregnant and can't take the pills anyway!). They won't get away with this - I'm taking legal action.
Ro
  3rd of Jan, 2008
What should I do I have gotten my 15 day supply but did not get my card statement yet, what if I get charged,what should I do?
  7th of Jan, 2008

Hoodiaphen - CAN'T GET DIRECT WITHDRAWAL STOPPED. NOT GETTING PRODUCT, DOCTORS RECOMMEND I NOT TAKE PILLS.
Virginia

I ordered a free trial and paid 4.95 for shipping. I never received the trial bottle and the next thing that happens is that my mastercard was charged $149.95 for a bottle I never ordered or received. Total Fraud!
Ka
  7th of Jan, 2008

usa hoodiaphen - Scam and fraud!
980 thessalonia road
bremo bluff
Phone: 434-964-6538
www.hoodiaphen.com

i have unauthorized charges on my card that I did not agree to and not only that I still haven't recieved my product.
Er
  12th of Jan, 2008

HoodiaPhen - Charged me w/o permission!
homerun media llc
Vancouver
Washington
Phone: 360-449-2290
www.hoodiaphen.com

I am extremely upset with this fraud company!!! I did not give any permission for this company to charge me 149.95 for 2 bottles of this crap!!! I only paid 4.95 for a sample bottle and next thing you know I get 2 more bottles in the mail. I can't cancel it with them because there is no contact info on this company. I will call my bank come monday to cancel future fraud charges on my visa. I will continue to try to get my money back. I will not give up until this company pays us back!!!
Ly
  16th of Jan, 2008

HoodiaPhen - Scam charges!
Fullfillment Center
Oaklahoma City
Oklahoma
Phone: non available

I signed up for free trial package of hoodiaphen. I did not agree to an automatic shipment of other pills. This company charged my account for the free pill for shipping and before I even got the free ones they charged my account for a full month of pills. There is no way to contact them, because there is no paperwork with the shipment.
  16th of Jan, 2008
I got the same bad deal as you got. I haven't tried calling yet, but intend to call tomorrow. I assume I will have the same bad luck as you did. It seems like there is no good contact info for them, but I do not intend to let them get the $149.95 without a fight. It may take time, but I plan on taking some type of action against these frauds.
  16th of Jan, 2008
Same thing happened to me and I will pursue them to try and get my money back. They are a fraudulent outfit and shouldn't be allowed to continue. Let me know if you have moved forward with trying to get your money back.
St
  17th of Jan, 2008

HoodiaPhen - Scam and fraud!
Hoodiaphen

I ordered the free bottle of Hoodiaphen, and sent it back to the supplier. It was returned, marked "Refused" three weeks later I receive 3 more bottles. I immediately took the package to the PO and returned it to the supplier and paid for a confirmation receipt. It was returned to me marked "refused". I cannot find anyone responsible who will talk to me about this. I have to show the credit card company that I have made an attempt to cancel the order, but can't find anyone to talk to.
Ca
  18th of Jan, 2008
The company has charged me with pills that I don't want and I can't get them to cancel because I don't get any response and they must have blocked the email address because it gets sent back to me and I don't know what to do... The charge to my credit card is 149.95 that is being approved on my account now.

I don't want this product!!!
Ja
  18th of Jan, 2008
About the same - quite deceptive website - I found an unexpected charge of $149.95 which in turn resulted in a $54 overdraft fee!! I am in the process of trying to get satisfactory redress. By the way - there are several company names associated with this scam: www.hoodiaphen.com; Pure Energy Products; Homerun Media LLC; www.usaveonpills.com
The fax number at hoodiaphen.com is non functional and so is the 'live chat' on usaveonpills.com.
The websites are in my opinion intentionally deceptive. The 'fine print' is below the 'submit' button and the dollar amounts in the fine print are spelled out rather than shown numerically as is conventional. The result is that the appearance of the fine print is exactly that and about no one ever reads the stuff. I will try to contact others who have been deceived by these people and see if we can get a class action going.
Sh
  18th of Jan, 2008
I'm currently experiencing the same headache but had never received the trial bottle which the company claims to have sent. In contacting my bank to prevent future charges I've been told they can do nothing because I provided my credit card to this company even though I never authorized additional charges. I'm curious if your bank claims the same practices???
Ro
  21st of Jan, 2008
I had the samething happen. I ordered the free trail and never recieved anything and then had another charge charged out on my visa. And have yet to recieve any product. Has anyone had any luck with contacting anyone on this issue?