Hoodiaphen - HomeRun Media / Scam with Oprah promoting it

1 Washington, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 405-601-2740

A family member originally ordered this product using my credit card. When I saw it on my online billing statement, I called Hoodiaphen immediately to cancel the so called "Free Trial" - then transfered me to a distribution center.

The distribution center said that my product was already shipped, and that completes the contract that I agreed to, by clicking SUBMIT. I stated that I would gladly incur the shipping and handling cost, as it was my fault in the first place for not securing my card, but I would send it back right when I received it and not even open the box or use the product.

They said that's fine, you can send it back, but will be charged $34.95 for the trial as processed. No refunds, no returns, per Hoodiaphen. I spoke with 3 different people and all insisted on the $34.95 cancellation fee citing the agreement at the time of the order.

Bottom line, they are out to scam our money. She stated that if I had waited, I would have to pay $69.95 for the product.

Comments

• Kr
      27th of Feb, 2008

We ran in to the exact same issue. If you call and cancel within 30 days, they will refund. All you have to do is pay for shipper the returned product.

• Ca
      11th of Mar, 2008

This is a scam Company that has no intention of a Refund or accepting Returned Products. Reputable People with quality products stand behind their products and have a proper Return/Refund policy.

I signed up for the 15 day sample of pills paying the S/h of $6.95 I took only 1 pill and had 14 leftover as it made me dizzy. They sent off 2 bottles of the same pills and charged my Card. I was shocked, since I did not go on Auto-ship program. I called them, got a rude woman only when I chose the Order Option. She told me I need to have a "Return Receipt" to return the Pills. When asked how I could get such a receipt, she had no answer. I went online, made a complaint ticket, supplied my phone # and heard nothing from them.

I have written the BBB and the State Attorney General of Utah but I am still waiting for a response.

I am in discussion with my Bank as I made a formal complaint to them and they are going to try to recoup my funds from these Scammers.

They ship through a Fulfilment Company that does bulk shipping for many Companies. A good way to hide your Identity.

Homerun Media is hitting a "homerun" by scamming people out of their money by selling Fake Pills.

I am going to ask Consumer Report to do a test on one of the Pills to see what are the components, it could be cornstartch, for all I know.

21st of Mar, 2008

Somehow, I missed the fine print that I was entering an auto ship program and now have had my account billed $69.95 by this scam. And to make matters worse, I went back to the web site and found that I may cancel but it will cost me $49.95. If I do not cancel they are going to bill me $125.95 for a three months supply!

• Le
      10th of Apr, 2008

Complain long enough and hard enough and they will refund you. Took me a month of going back and forth with Sherry, Quay and whoever else there is there. I threatened a class action lawsuit and was refunded my money. It's legal but morally wrong, and since so many people have been affected and if someone had the time to organize it, a class action lawsuit would not be out of the question.