Hoodia Water / order one product received three

1 2375 East Comelback RoadPhonenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-692-8352

I ordered Hoodia Water for $1.00 plus shipping on June 18, 2008. I was charged $45.85 on June 19, I called and told them that I did not order the other two products and I wanted a refund for the differents on June 19, when I saw the bank charges. I told them that I also wanted to cancell the order. I called back a got a RMA# from them and returned all of the products. On July 08, 2008 in had another charge on my bank account. I called several times and did not receive an answer. I left my number and ask to be called that day, I did not receive a call back. I called July 10, and spoke with Brad he told me that the charges were for the products I ordered. He said that there was a place to check to not order the product on the site I was on they did not mention nor show any product but the Hoodia Water. He said that all of the charges were for the products I received and that I would not receive a refund. I could not believe that I would be charged $84.80 for items I had not ordered. He was rude and I became upset with his attitude of there is nothing you can do about it. I googled their name and all sorts of sites with complaints about this company come up. One suggested that I cancell my bank card because they share your number with other companies and you will have charges for other items. I have cancelled my card and spoke with my bank, we are giving them 30 days to refund the money back to my account. How can these companies exist, dupe people and get away with it.

More Hoodia Water Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ae
      30th of Aug, 2008

I had the exact same problem. I ordered a "free risk free trial size " offer of Acacia Berries (Ophra suggested) link to this website from her t.v. show. The Acacia Berries were free with $4.95 postage. WHAT happens? That night I check my bank account and $44.95 was deducted. I immediately filed a dispute with my bank, then called the fullfillment center for the order. THe girl told me that I "didn't uncheck" the other items on the form (computer) saying I didnt want them thus I received hoodia water, hoodia gum and the "free right?" acacia berries. I told them I DID NOT choose those items and their site was a scam. She was more than rude to me. I received the package and am going to return it, though I have to get an RMA # from the company and PAY a 10% stocking fee. BUT I did dispute this transaction with my bank. It is defintley a scam when they tell you you didn't "UNCHECK" items that they marked.

• Kk
      4th of Sep, 2008

I had the exact same experience! I am just going to suck it up and learn from my mistake!

• Yo
      4th of Sep, 2008

I had the exact same experience! I filed a claim with my bank closed my bank card today. There is two addresses for this company in arizona. I have tried calling several times so I can return all items and no luck. I will have to pay a 15% restocking fee if all items are returned. I figured it was connected to Oprah's web site that it would be ok. It sure fooled me, I will also suck it up and learn not to order from the web. I was charged $44.95

11th of Nov, 2008

I ordered a sample of this product late one night watching tv and you are not told you are on an auto ship if you keep. I think it is very misleading. You're under the impression it's a trial until you get another in the mail on auto ship and they have the nerve to try and talk you into staying on the program for at least 6 months. I don't think so!

• Mi
      21st of Nov, 2008

Well sad to say .I just was taken on the same ride all of you others have been taken on . It all looked so good but must admitt they are scammers .Too bad I didnt google them before!

• Ka
      29th of Nov, 2008

I had the exact same experience. Quite the scam this company has. I am shocked that Oprah W. has anything to do with a company like this. I tried to call the next day, on hold for 58 minutes and cut off. Called the next day waited for 65 minutes and was told by a nasty rude rep that I couldn't cancel the membership (that I did not want in the first place) until I received my first shipment. How ridiculous is that? I have emailed numerous times. I will also chalk up the 45 bucks to experience. I closed my account and will move on. However, how many millions of dollars do those freaks make on people like us...who just move on? I will never ever again buy anything on the internet without googling first.

• Ca
      1st of Dec, 2008

I had the same experience with the "free trial" from Central Coast Nutraceuticals. The website already had the boxes checked for the two additional products. I guess it was my own fault, however, that I didn't notice the final amount to be charged. It just had it in my mind of $4.95 for the shipping. When I tried to call I received the voice prompt stating 69 minute hold. I thought they meant 6 to 9 minutes. But I hung up and called back later only to be told a 78 minute hold time ... due to the popularity of their products. I'm sure it's not due to the popularity at all but to their shady business practices. I also emailed customer service twice. Plus the letter that came with the product stated a 15% restocking fee to return the products.

I finally did receive an email back saying they would reduce the charges 20% if I would keep the products and try them. I thought "what the heck, beats the hassle of returning" but I'm sure that's how they at least get some additional money out of you. Now we'll have to see if the products actually work!

• Am
      4th of Dec, 2008

THEY ALMOST GOT ME. I FOUND THIS SITE ABOUT THIS GIRL THAT LOST 45 POUNDS BY USING TWO PRODUCTS THAT THEY GOT FOR FREE. I CLICK THE LINK AND SAW THE SIGHT OFFERING ACAI FOR FREE THEY JUST NEED THE SHIPPING FEE FOR 4.95.. YES THEY AUTOMATICALLY CHECK OFF THE HOODIA GUM AND HOODIA WATER, BUT YOU CAN UNCHECK IT. THEY CRAZY THING IT IS THAT THEY ONLY SHOW THE DISCLAIMER AFTER YOU GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. THE DISCLAIMER SAYS IF YOU DONT CANCEL, THEY WILL AUTOMATICALLY SUBSCRIBE YOU TO AN MONTHLY PROGRAM FOR 69.00 FOR REFILLS. AND YOU GOT 14 DAYS TO CANCEL. YEAH...I SHOULDA GOOGLED THEM FIRST. INSTEAD I DID IT 3 MINUTES AFTER I ORDERED. AFTER I READ THESE REVIEWS I CALLED MY BANK AND CANCELED MY CARD IMMEDIATELY.

12th of Feb, 2009

I got a bottle and a charge for it and a subscription without ever ordering it. I sent the water back at my expense and enclosed a note saying the next letter would be from my lawyer (who just so happens to be a former assistant DA). I also tried calling the SOBs but they wouldn't even pick up their phone. It's bad enough they prey on desperate and uninformed people, but to prey on people who don't by into their product scam is even worse.

• Do
      15th of Apr, 2009

I had the same thing happen only I can't get a hold of anyone and they keep charging me. Does anyone have good advice for me?

30th of May, 2009

The exact same thing happened to me. It started off as a trial offer and then items that I had not ordered such as the hoodia water and gum appeared. Also, there were monthly charges of $44.95 that started to appear on my bank account. Since I could never speak with a live associate, I called my bank and cancelled my account. They did refund me one month back. The second month I'll have to take as a loss. But it won't happen again.

• Vp
      17th of Jun, 2009

I also ordered the same product and was charged twice in the amount of $38.95 and was hung up once and told off the second time . I yelled back and at that point I didn't care for the "bad attitude." These are scams stay away, because I've learnt my lesson the hard way.

• Ai
      28th of Jul, 2009

need to shut them down totally it's bogus the product does not work causes heart palpitations.

• Dw
      18th of Sep, 2009

I just experience the same thing!!! Today, I saw on my account a charge from a company that I had only ordered one product (and have'nt even received that one yet) from, and was charged for some HOODIA water that I never wanted or ordered!! I told the guy when he called me talking about it is "complimentary" - that I did not want any water! I pay enough for water as it stands now ...I just paid a water bill and didn't intend on paying for any other water (LOL). I'm calming down now with my own jokes (you may not laugh but after that conversation with that rude rep about "MY MONEY" i need a laugh). Anyway, someone needs to do something about these unscrupulous companies. The one that did this to me is Colo Pure 402-982-0474

• Su
      29th of Sep, 2009

I was finally able to cancel the accounts for colon cleanse and acai berry -- called the number on the bottles. This hoodia water charge was $49.97, billed on 9/11 and have never received. I left an e-mail message at www.getorderhelp.com. If this is the wrong spot, then I will dispute the charges with cc company. I had double trouble because I had also ordered for husband. And apparently I will not be receiving another shipment, because you end up paying for your trial. Also, I do not remember that they quoted the monthly fee. In addition, they subscribed us to "Vit Lean AA" which is an on-line diet program ... with no e-mail information or invoice, etc. I am done with info commercials.

• Al
      24th of Mar, 2011

i use a pre paid card jajajaja [censor] them!!! but they tried screwing me too, i still have the product i havent even open it.

18th of Oct, 2008
    Hoodia Water - Ripped off for $50.00
    central coast nutra
    2375 East Camelback Rd
    Phoenix
    Arizona
    Phone: 1-888-692-8352
    centralcoastnutra.net

Signed up for $1.95 free trial of Hoodia water and was charged for $50 for Hoodia Star and Hoodia Burst gum which I didn't order. Total Scam