Hoodia Complex / Misleading Info

1 6170 W.Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 518Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-597-8533

I saw the ad on the web site for Hoodia Complex which offered a l0 free day trial for 5.49 shipping and handling. I ordered this product and received the merchandise. Nowhere was it evident that you were signing up for a automatic shipment for the sum of $69.95 unless you canceled within 10 days and would never have done so with that restriction. Much to my surprise I received another bottle of Hoodia Complex and my account was charged $69.95. When I called the comany I was told that they would not remove the charge and didnot accept the return of merchandise, since I did not call within the 10 day trial period. They did cancel any further shipments. I notified my credit card company that this was an item in dispute and returned the merchandise anyway. I sent a letter to the BBB of Las Vegas and apparently they had no more success that I did. I feel that this is fradualent and is designed to bilk customer out of at least 69.95.

Comments

• Va
      26th of Nov, 2007
    Hoodia Complex - beenrippedoff
    Hoodiaplexlabs
    10161parkrundrive
    Phone: 8005978654
    hoodiaplex.com

They have been taking customers credit card number and taking the money out without any terms and conditions even if that item has allergic reaction i called them right after receiving the free trial that i can not use this item they hung up and send another charging my account. It is nothing but rip off!

• Kr
      27th of Nov, 2007
    Hoodia Complex - They keep charging my credit/debit card $69 and I do not receive a product, nor do I want the product.
    Hoodia Complex
    2219 Garfield Ave. So.
    Minneapolis
    Minnesota
    Phone: (612) 919-3149

This HoodiaComplex has charged $69 to my account twice now. I have not received any products, nor do I want any products. The bank fixed it once, but it has happened again. I want them to cease charging me for something I do not want and have never received.

28th of Nov, 2007

I AGREE WITH THE COMPLAINT ABOVE. I SENT FOT A SAMPLE AND THEY INTERACTED WITH MY PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE AND I CANCELED MY ORDER. A FEW DAYS LATER THEY SENT ME A 30 DAY SUPPLY AND CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. I CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID I CANT GET MY MONEY BACK BECAUSE I SIGNED AN AGREEMENT, WHICH I NEVER DID. THIS COMPANY IS A RIP OFF.

1st of Dec, 2007

They are charging me also. No product!

I thought I was just paying for the sample.

• Ca
      1st of Dec, 2007

They are charging my debit card and I am not receiving the product nor do I want it.

• El
      4th of Dec, 2007
    Hoodia Complex - Unauthorized charge and shipment
    10161 Park Run Drive 151
    Phone: 800 597 8533

Ordered sample and then received full months supply for charge of "$69 and change. Called credit card for dispute. Unable to reach by phone. RIP OFF

• Le
      4th of Dec, 2007

They did (are) doing the same thing to me. There phone number is disconnected also. I am disputed the charges with my bank. I too, only ordered the free sample. It made me sick, so I definitely did not order more.

• Su
      6th of Dec, 2007

I totally agree. I ordered the trail size and about 7 days later they charged my account to 69.95 and I never recieved anything. I tried to call the number on the bottle and the number had been disconnected. I am in the proccess of trying to get my bank to help me out with this scam. I will never order anything on line again.

Total rip off!!!

6th of Dec, 2007

I totally agree also, this company is a total rip off. I ordered the trial size... paying for shipping only. I received my trial size bottle... then an authorized charge for $69.95 appeared on my account. I tried calling, but, phone # on bottle and my bank statement have been disconnected. I then received another bottle, which my bank advised me to return the products "return-receipt, " within 30 days. Another rip off company is Blue Institute, out of Orem, Utah.

• De
      10th of Dec, 2007
    Hoodia Complex - Scam and cheating company!
    Hoodia Complex
    Cromwell
    Connecticut
    Phone: 860-613-2621

I also was offered the 10 day trial and then billed $69.95 on my debit card. I have tried to send the shipment back to the address on the mailing label and it was just returned to me, attempted not known. I now have to pay to have my bank stop the deduction.

• Ro
      10th of Dec, 2007

I was also charged $69 dollars after accepting an offer for a free sample. There wasn't ANYTHING in the add for enrolling into anything nor was there a warning to read the Terms and Conditions. I will fight this one all the way!!!

• Je
      13th of Dec, 2007

NOT ONLY ARE THEY CHARGING MY CARD, THEY HAVE DISCONNECTED THE NUMBER SO I CANNOT CANCEL THE ORDER. SHIPMENTS ARRIVE WITH NO RETURN ADDRESS.

• Kr
      15th of Dec, 2007
    Hoodia Complex - Unauthorized charges!
    hoodiaplex labs
    10161park run dr. #150
    Nevada

I ordered a free trial which i received and never agreed to order more, but then 2 weeks later I received 2 more bottles and was charged $98 that was taken from my account without my authorization or agreement.

• Je
      2nd of Jan, 2008
    Hoodia Complex - Unauthorized Charges
    10161 Park Run Drive
    Phone: 1-800-597-8654

I ordered my free trail size and before I could even try them I have been charged $69.95 for a month of product. I finally got through to the 800 number without being disconnected after a few minutes, and I was told that I agreed to the auto shipping when I agreed to the free trial. I cancelled my order, but they will not give the money back. I don't trust this company and I asked for a confirmation either mailed, faxed, or emailed to me, but I have not received it yet. I am going to cancel my card just in case they charge again.

• El
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Exactly the same thing happened to me! They charged my credit card without my authorization and the 1800 number is not a workinh number any more! they are STEALING!.

• Ni
    Hoodia Complex - Fraud company
    10161 Park Run Dr.
    Phone: 1-8005978654

I order the free bottle and now they are sending me about bottle without my premission. I did not order this and want my money back and no more of this stuff. I'm trying to call them as we speak but number is no longer in service. I need help with this.

• Ni
      5th of Jan, 2008

Yes i got the same thing i did not order any more of this Hoodia Complex and they sent another one i need to know what to do about this

• Al
      5th of Jan, 2008

People need to LOOK AT THE FINE PRINT while watching TV, or do some research before they go out and purchase something off an infomercial. I have seen these commercials late night, if the deal sounds too good to be true, and it's not physically in front of you - it's probably fake. Call your credit card company and contact your bank.

8th of Jan, 2008

when you sign up for free sample or the trial offer read the terms nothing in life is free you should feel real dumb if you think you are going to get some thing for nothing, read everyting before you sign up for any thing

• Ol
      8th of Jan, 2008

I totally agree also, this company is a total rip off. I ordered the trial size... paying for shipping only. I received my trial size bottle... then an authorized charge for $69.95 appeared on my account. I then received a 30 day supply and my account was charged 69.95 again. I have disputed the item with my bank and they are going to refund my money.