Hoobly / beware!!! bird not received nor $ money refunded = $844.00

Ze Nov 28, 2018 Review updated:

November 21st - today, November 28th, 2018:
I contacted and communicated with a client of yours, "Anthony" of "anrlovelybirds" in Atlanta. He had me sign a contract. He, the SELLER was responsible for the shipping and all expenses. He would not take a PayPal payment but, ultimately, had me send him $800 (+$44 for the wire) through Western Union. The next day, after I had already sent the $, and he confirmed receipt, I got a message from the Airlines that they needed an additional $950 to ship the bird. Strange that when I called the airline number the person answering did not identify the airline, but rather a "hello:" and the voice was very similar to "Anthony's". Bottom line, he never sent me the bird not refunded the money.
The contract was specific to his responsibility to get the bird to me. He still has not.
Do you screen your clients? This is outright theft and fraud! Would someone please get back to me about this.
Thank you.

Comments

• To
      Dec 14, 2018

Thanks for the post...I almost got scammed by the same person, he refused to take PayPal...

• To
      Dec 14, 2018

@Tony Thanks for the post about ANRLOVELYBIRDS...He insisted on getting paid by zelle but I asked him to take PayPal which he refused. Here's an extract from his email.

[protected]@anrlovelybirds.com
    Thu 12/13/2018, 9:51 PM
    Hello Tony, Sorry we do not have a PayPal account, we accept payments only through zelle so that we can be able to confirm the payments and pay for the flight and cage for the bird before delivery.

• Bo
      Dec 25, 2018

I was a victim of this same exact thing today. Was supposed to receive 2 parrots on Christmas Eve for my kids. They never showed. I paid $1200 thru Zelle. Same scenario as described above.