Honesty Factor / Ripping people off!

As of June 2006---Honesty Factor is run under many names: Rock Harbor Yachts RHY Coyote Distributors Golden Dragon Technologies Yippeenet Yippeenet Design Yippeekids GWDAD Global Website Design and Development Formula 1 Audio HFDG2 The company is owned by Mark Davis and Tara Lewis. It has two other employees a female sales person in Alabama and a male tech in New Mexico---the US. It's designers are in the Ukraine and Europe and total (4 contract designers). Their attorney is Graham Norris from Orem, Utah. No accounting department, legal department etc. The board members of the company are: The owners, 1 employee, a UN delagate, Nascar Nextel cup driver and a record company owner. Tara Lewis is from Lakeland Florida. Mark Davis seems to have lived all over the country, PA, NY, LA, and FL we have documentation on. The addresses and phone numbers we currently have documented are: 18331 Pines blvd. 270 Pembroke Pines Fl [protected] Miramar Parkway #186 Miramar, Florida [protected] Overseas Hwy Key Largo, FL 33037 131 Ellis Dr. Tavernier, FL 33070 16 Bahama Rd Key Largo, FL [protected] Thomes Avenue, Suite 116 Cheyenne, WY 82001 They seem to have moved to Charlotte, NC in early June. The phone numbers documented are: [protected] [protected] [protected] Hosting is done through ChainReactionWeb.com on most of their sites. Their main leadsource seems to be buyerzone.com. The FTC, Monroe County Sherriff, and Florida Attorney General have open cases investigating the company and it's owners. Please send formal complaints to the following. This will help stop the company from hurting others. The Office of the Attorney General, State of Florida, Plaza Level 01, Capitol Building, Tallahassee, Florida [protected], Attention: Citizen Services. Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3.gov), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), National Fraud Information Center, and Florida Computer Crime Center. National Better Business Bureau Southwest Florida Better Business Bureau Monroe County Sheriff. Buyerzone.com The company is claiming that the company has been sold to another company. "Golden Dragon Technologies Inc" This company was a Wyoming aged shelf company that was registered by Mr Norris. Mr Norris is a registrar in the state of WY and NV to sell such companies. He listed this company on "his site" www.wyomingcompany.com and www.nevada-corporation.com for sale. As you can see on the site the purpose in buying such a company is to avoid litagation, taxes, etc. He is a corporate attorney who is only on the bar in 1 state (Utah). Mark Davis is still fully active in Honesty Factor. They still bill for hosting of the sites, and manage the few satisfied customers they have. They use fake names and are currently in North Carolina."
If you would like to know more about this company the above yahoo group has plenty of information on them, public files in regards to their practices and many members who claim to be ripped off by this company.

Please share any information you have about this company with that group.

Va

More Honesty Factor Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Va
      27th of Nov, 2006

The work was never completed. Follow up calls were met with resistance and anger. Appointments were not kept and we were blamed for anything that went wrong. No programming was completed on time. We were held responsible for making technical decisions that we were not even aware of. Their program was misrepresented to us and we were forced to pay additional monies although the work was not completed. Training was very faulty (wrong instructions and missing instructions) and follow ups calls were not answered. After 6 months, we replaced Dis Honesty Factor with another developer who is great. Since then, all problems vanished. We are out $2,500.

3rd of Jan, 2008

Our work was also never completed. We were asked to make a payment for completion and then they refused. Using a ton of foul language and leaving us out $2500 and no website. Just a couple cds with some programing they didn't finish. Just horrible, someone should "take care" of these sleaseballs.

4th of Mar, 2009

ajaxmasters.com aka yippeenetdesign.com, honestyfactor.com, goldendragontech.com, ecomwebsites.com, ecomwebsitesllc.com, goodcheaphosting.com, hostmonster.com, they work under lots of names changing their personal names and the company names often to run from those they steal from

• Ec
      7th of Mar, 2009

This is garbage posted by someone who is obviously a competitor or ex employee.

• Li
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I was also taken advantage of by these people. They became harder and harder to deal with, requesting payment for a site that was so far from being complete. They are thieves.

• Aw
      10th of Feb, 2010

I am aware that Michael Carter and the appointed attorney may read this and I am aware that their repsonse may be quite aggressive. I am also aware that as I am about to make a formal Police complaint that I need to be factual so what you now read is FACT and my experience. I have already registered my complaint with my credit card company and a dispute process is in train.

My website started well enough but when it came down to the wire and it was time to get into delivering the site they failed. They did not deliver the contract that they specified and the code I eventually received needed close to $3, 000 of repair work to put it into a state that it can be used and a website can be launched.

I have been spoken to aggressively and received very unpleasant emails.

In my view as soon as you challenge this company and its performance and also question their demands for cash they are threatening and behave like bullies. That is my experience and my view.

As a point of reference Elance and this company have had a dispute that resulted in this company being REMOVED from Elance. One would have to wonder why Elance would take such a decision.

• Li
      16th of Mar, 2010

For all of us who have been taken advantage of in this same way by Michael Carter and ecomwebsitesllc, I have set up an email account. Please email actionagainstmichaelcarter@gmail.com.

Perhaps we can all pool together and share information as well as taking action as a group to go after these people.

• Td
      13th of Apr, 2010

Yup, these guys screwed me out of $3500 in 2005. They were going by the names of Tara Lewis and Mark Davis and using the site honestyfactor.com back then. Anyways, I hope you get these guys. I don't even really care about the money I more care about retribution. These guys are crooks and need to spend some time behind bars. Pissing on peoples' dreams, doesn't get much lower than that.

11th of May, 2012

What's the outcome, if any? Is it an open investigation & what's the statute of limitation? Are they going to jail and how does that work anyway? I already gave them $1, 000. What should I do? I'm starting my online company & I was speaking with a Ms. Tara...I dont know if I should give her more money...I am not the type of person to judge or accuse, but do they have ANY satified customers? Thank you

• Mi
      5th of Aug, 2012

I just saw in a previous comment that ajaxmasters.com is associated with this complaint and would like to clarify things. I am one of the four co-founders of ajaxmasters, and the only connection we have with ecomwebsites/honestyfactor/etc is that we all worked for them, as freelancers, in 2007-2008. We got our assignments from a guy calling himself Mitchel Carver (i'm guessing it was a stage name for Michael Carter) and they were all about programming, we never had anything to do with any of their customers. When things started going bad for us, we decided to quit working for them and started our own company.