Honda of Toms River / Demanding personal information!w

1 Toms River, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 732-349-7474

On January 10, 2008 I called Honda of Toms River to get a price on a 2005 Odyssey. The web site that I found it on said to call for a price. The lady I spoke with asked for my personal information (name, phone number etc.). I told her that I preferred not to leave my personal information and just wanted the price of the Odyssey. I understand that she didn't want to lose me as a potential customer but as you will see she did anyway by her behavior. She continued to ask for my number and when I said that I would give her some time to do her research and call back later she refused to comply. Instead of being professional she rudely said, "I can't even call you back at your home!?" I responded by saying "why can't I call you back instead?" She continued the pressure for me to give her my number and so I finally said "No thank you" and hung up. About 10 minutes later she called me! She had my number anyway, probably from caller ID. Against my wishes she called me at home. I would not take the call. She called back again about 30 seconds later. I didn't answer the phone. I started to feel harassed. It's customer service like this that will keep a customer like me away forever. I would rather go to a dealer that wasn't the best organized or didn't have the best selection as long as the salesman or woman was kind and respectful.

Comments

21st of May, 2008

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE--RECENTLY PURCHASED CAR FROM HONDA OF TOMS RIVER--CALLED IN AND GOT PRICING ALL INFORMATION I REQUESTED.. I WENT IN AND TOOK DELIVERY IN LESS THAN AN HOUR AS PROMISED. DEALT WITH SALES MANAGER MIGUEL BORDOY, VERY HELPFUL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE--I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DEALER

• Ev
      30th of Oct, 2010

I purchased a vehicle as well and had nothing but good luck with this dealership. They had a great follow up and made it clear they wanted to earn my business. I feel like a valued customer. Other dealerships had many "Hidden Costs" Honda of Toms River was upfront and honest. My monthly payment is where I wanted it to be.

• Gm
      2nd of Mar, 2011

I just shopped Honda of Toms River and found them very helpful, they did ask for my information and have followed up but were not rude and did get me all of the info I wanted. Right now they are at the top of the list in Regard to dealerships and I have shopped a few other Honda dealerships but none of them were as good as the staff at there.

• Do
      25th of Feb, 2013

I have another problem with this dealership. I could not agree with the lease terms offered. The sales man was extremely nice, however the credit manager stinks He lost the sale. I went to Kay Honda and leased my new Civic with all the extras and paid exactly what I offered at Toms River Honda. The manager at Toms River Honda was so spiteful that when I tried to turn in the end of lease vehicle he refused to take it back! By the way I used their service department for 10 years now I will think twice.