Honda Financial Services / crooks

I purchased a car about 2 years ago, and at that time, I was working at a Honda dealership. I had to leave my position because my elderly mother was hospitalized, and I was one payment behind. I attempted to contact them about it and make arrangements to get caught up, but I was told I needed to call two weeks ahead of when my payment is due to arrange that. I tried to get caught up, but never did. I eventually called them and told them to just come get it. They reported it as involuntary, and unpaid. My parents took out a loan against their house for me to pay it off, and they are still reporting that I owe then almost twenty thousand dollars! I surrendered the car about six months ago, and paid them off about four months ago, but my credit report shows that I owe them money, and I can't go buy a car anymore!

Va

Comments

• Sh
      25th of Sep, 2008

pease review your records i received a letter stating i did not make sept. payment. I made that payment on line. thank you

• Sc
      12th of Apr, 2009

Your are one of the lucky ones. Honda Repossessed my 03 Pilot in 08. I leased it for four years and then bought it out from the lease in 07. A year later I was late on one payment and some repo guy showed up witha gun and repossessed it at 7 am in front of my kids and my neighbors. I was told all I needed to do was pay the late payment of 555 and I could p[ick up my car from the lot. I called the number given and they told me they no longer wanted to extend the loan and I needed 15, 500 cash! So now I drive a junker for a family of 5.

• Rt
      14th of Apr, 2009

Hey, I lost my job in February and was behind 30 days and they came and took my car too after 3 years of payments, plus I had the purchased the extra warranty that was to cover my payments in case of lost job or illness.

When they called my cell phone because it was posted online, which they never did before. I told the guy I would call from home the next day because I was in public and the next morning the tow truck arrived for the car.

I had just paid for repairs and my friend replaced a whole in the radiator... the money I would have sent in for the car was spent on repairs - now I wonder if they owe me -- since the coverage plan I purchased with the loan was never applied to my situation.

8th of Feb, 2010

I'm sorry this happned to you guys. But remember, you can always declare bankruptcy and just get the loan canceled by the US Courts. Once you do this, Honda won't be able to destroy your lives anymore.

You have two choices: 1) putting food on the table and paying rent or 2) helping Honda Financial Services stay in business

I choose number #2, and thats why I am eating only 2 meals a day and going through the worse time of my life. But, I love Honda so much I don't want the "fat cats" to go broke

But if you value your life more than I do, than take step number 1. Stop paying the fat cats and put food on your table, pay your rent, take care of your family. The Honda people dont give a ### that the economy is in shambles, they want to stay "in business"

If you do step number 1, than please do go to a lawyer (some charge $700 for bankruptcy) and declare bankruptcy. This should wipe away all your debt with Honda. But don't feel sorry for the "fat cats" they are TOO BIG to fail. Trust me, the US government loves Honda also, and they will probably pay your debt with other American tax payer money, just like they did with Lehman Bros, Bank of America, and all the other "fat cats"

Lets continue to make the "fat cats" rich!

yea! the american dream!

12th of Feb, 2010

The above comments are inane!!! What a ###! Please, stop eating all together so we don't have to read any more of your ridiculous posts.

16th of Feb, 2010

Mr. Truth why dont you stop eating for a change? Maybe you've never known the feeling of hunger, but every day 20, 000 people die of starvation in the world.

But of course, in the USA it appears that for most people all that matters is money. However, I've changed my mind. I think I'm doing option #1, I really don't think Honda would do option #2 if the tables where turned. Then again, Honda could also file for bankruptcy if they get in trouble in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised, the gov. is bailing everyone these days, why don't we all file for bankruptcy?

I think I'm going to start from fresh.

Does anyone know of a good bankruptcy lawyer?

That's it, cased closed.

• Co
      13th of Jul, 2010

Had a 36 Month lease on 2006 Honda Ridgeline from April 2006 through April 2009. I wanted to purchase the vehicle from them so I called and asked how much I owed. They refered me to the dealer who wanted to charge me an additional $499 "documentation fee" that they said was required by law. I had already paid a $499 "documentation fee" when I had initially leased the vehicle. The law states (in North Carolina) that they have the right to charge a documentation fee", but they also have the right to waive it. I spoke with a sales rep, a sales manager, and the accounting manager before they refered me back to Honda American Finance. They must have the ability to have Honda America Finance change a prompt on their phone line, because the next time I called there was a pay-off option on the menu. I purchased the vehicle using a loan from USAA in April 2009 and in August 2009 they billed me $119 for a fourth year of property taxes. I disputed the charge with them, but the $119 charge shows up on my credit report.

Moral #1: The documentation fee when you lease or purchase a vehicle is negotiable in most states.

Moral #2: Never finance through Honda Financial Services.

Moral #3: Never lease a vehicle.

7th of Oct, 2010

I had a 06 Odyssey, been faithful at making payments when the economy went south. I own a business and was directly and quickly effected by the down turn. So became behind but was slowly catching up. Talked to their rude financial services personnel monthly, so as to stay in touch and not look like we were avoiding them. I had excellent credit going into this recession, but thanks to Honda Financial that is not so any more. With no warning or advise about what to do they come and take the van, mind you I am still trying to catch up the bill $400 behind and monthly payments $560. (so I am paying my payment + late fees + a little extra just trying to catch back up) After they take the van they will not tell me where the van is so as to claim personal property out I have to call the police to find out were it had been taken and that took 3 days because the repo company nor honda reported to the police in a timely manner. In the meantime when talking to honda they only want the full amount owed on the van. Well now I cannot get a loan, I had never talked to anyone about refinancing because I had a good rate with them and they never gave any idea that they would take the van. They then sent the van to a private auction so we had no chance of trying to get the van back.
    Why would we want it back the van was in great shape we had taken good care of it and it had low mileage, make the van worth more. Well this could be tracked by honda because we got work done at the dealer. The van had just been in about 3 weeks prior for routine maintenance.
    So what we feel happened is Honda is in the business of making money at any cost to the consumer.

1.They check to see the value of the auto through their honda service centers.
    2. Check for any problem at all with the loan?(anything they can find to legally justify their side)(because if you are ever 1 day late at any time they can come and take the auto even if you are caught up on payments and all else is ok, you have breeched contract.)
    3. Repo auto
    4. Sell the auto at private auction were they can get more money and they have already checked this through their service centers when you take it in for service.
    5. Make more than is owed on the original loan for the auto at the auction.
    6. Make more from the original consumer by charging them enormous fees for repo, storage, preping for selling, etc.
    7. WIN WIN for honda and the consumer gets SCREWED!!
    8. Honda has no heart.

So I will never use honda financial ever again. Because I feel I was taken advantage of. I had accepted all late charges and just wanted to get caught up and was doing so and was blind-sided by honda. If I had the money I would have hired an attorney and an investigator to prove my theory, but because of the economy I must choose to feed family :). Be aware of your terms with honda financial, find someone else who does not have the internal workings to be able to screw you like honda does. Especially if you take care of your auto.

We are doing better now and all honda had to do was probably wait another 2-3 months and we could have been caught up completely, and been back on track.

7th of Oct, 2010

I am at a loss for words-that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read. No wonder your company has problems.

• Ti
      7th of Apr, 2011

I have been a victim also. what can we do? as far as protecting ourself from this kind of thieves that don't have heart and don't understand... Honda makes money of of US consumers but yet do not work with them. WE NEED HELP!!! ANYONE????????

• 09
      29th of Aug, 2011

28th of Dec, 2011

Honda Financial sucks. They really do. They start calling you nonstop if you are 3 days late - it's insane! Our dealership conned us into over $500 mo. payments on a lease, way over what we can afford, and we made them on time for the first 3 months. But then it was just too much - cost of living keeps going up and we can't afford the $500+ pymts. anymore. Have looked into lease swapping but the balance due is way over the value of the vehicle since we had to roll over a negative balance from our trade. I have called Honda Finance begging them to give us a few months to get caught up (I am self employed and have a big contract coming up), but they won't hear of it! They keep threatening to repo if we don't pay up in full. They won't even try to work with you. Our credit was perfect until Honda...now, because of them, our credit is ruined. They are real bullies I tell you. We are still trying to keep the car and get caught up in the time frame we gave them, so in the meantime, keeping the car in a locked garage behind a locked gate with a no trespassing sign. We make sure we aren't followed whenever we leave the house. It's ridiculous to have to live like this. Unbelievable!

30th of Dec, 2011

Do you guys reread what you write? The above post states, that the dealership CONNED them into making payments for over $500.00 a month and then goes right on to say-WAY OVER WHAT WE CAN AFFORD!!! Why did you agree? How is this the dealership or Honda Finance's fault? You knew going into buying that car it was too much. Cost of living did not rise THAT much over THREE months. Yes, a lot of people are struggling, but a business is a business. If you enter a contract, you should take it seriously and make sure you can meet the terms. I especially love the line-"Our credit was perfect until Honda...now, because of them, our credit is ruined". So you had no part in that? It's ALWAYS somebody elses fault nowadays. If you don't pay in time, after 30 days, you are reported to the credit bureau. They cannot pick and choose who they report. If you pay on time, you are not reported. End of story. Please, please, please-start being accountable for your actions and STOP blaming everyone else!

• Ho
      19th of Jan, 2012

Lol the truth will set u free is such a ###, he patrols these boards and comments on anything that has to deal with Honda, don't believe me, click his name every comment made is toward a Honda post. He most likely is one those honda reps that's giving you guys a hard time, I feel sorry for you guys if this is the type of uncompassionate piece of crap you have to deal with, cause yea you know people don't lose their jobs or fall on bad times. And wow man can you even read or understand what some of these people are saying, they're not saying they don't want to pay they're asking for help, but I guess your either too stupid or uncompassionate to understand. Good bless you guys hope everything works out for you all.