Honda Corporations / 2013 honda accord power steering failure

1 Kansas City, MO, United States

On September 12, 2013 I had my vehicle towed to Jay Wolfe Honda Kansas City Missouri, due the Power Steering failure. The service department diagnosis the problem and contacted me couple days later stating that the power steering was defective and quoted a price of $2, 700.00 to be repaired and it was not under warranty. I stated to service man that was ridiculous with the vehicle only being five years old relatively low mileage (80, 000) and wanted to contact Honda Corporate. The service man than stated he would submit a quick claim to corporate, I asked what exactly was that? The service man stated that it was a request asking Corporate to pay a portion of the bill ($2, 700.00). I also brought to the the service man's attention that "Edmunds.com" had filed a complaint with the Honda Corporation on November 11, 2014 that 374, 000 complaints were filed against Honda regarding the Power Steering failure which then opened investigation in Washington against Honda Corporation. At present there has been no recall in place. I also contacted the Honda headquarters and was told after waiting three days that there was nothing corporate could due and they regret that this had happened. I informed Honda Corporate that I had purchased two Honda Accords and just referred my sister to Jay Wolfe Honda the exact same dealer I had previously purchased my vehicles from two weeks ago and my sister had also purchased a vehicle. In returned Honda Corporate replied "thanks for being a loyal customer ". I just want to reenterate I was very disappointed in the way the matter was handled and I would never ever purchase another vehicle or refer anyone to Honda ever again and after all the money I have spent over the years with this company in return I get "thanks for being a loyal customer ".

Very unsatified customer