Honda Activa / Self Start and Starting Problem

1 India Review updated:

I took H0nda Activa in last week of Feb from Pune, dealer B.U.Bhandari Camp Pune.
Since starting i was facing the problem of Self Start. I told them and they said that they willl change the oil and charged me 200 Rs for that. But then also faced problem and then one day it stopped all together, horn and light too. Took to dealer and he charged battery and charged fee to me for that too.
But problem persisted and i am still facing problem.
My battery is of exide and is in waranty period.
I have been to dealer many times with no results and see customer court as an last option.

If you can help me you can contact me @
swatigarg05@gmail.com

Name - Swati Garg
Place - Pune, Maharashtra
Dealer - B.U.Bhandari, Camp, Pune

Comments

• Ta
      11th of Mar, 2010

Hello Sir,

My Self Ashok Kumar Garg, I have Purchased Honda Activa Dated: 03:03:2009 from Chandigarh,
    dealer Platinum Honda, Chandigarh.
    But problem persisted and i am still facing problem.
    My battery is of amco and what should i do now?

If you can help me you can contact me @

30th of May, 2010

I AM ALSO FACING THE SAME PROBLEM

• Pr
      15th of Sep, 2011

I am facing the same problem. Someone can give me help on it solve the problem?

• Al
      23rd of Oct, 2011

Hi All,

Even, I had the starting problem with self start. But the problem was a bit more grave. Along with self start, the indicator and the horn would also not work. And No, the problem was not with the battery, as I was sure that a maintenance free battery wont cause me problem within one year. But, the good thing was my scooter would start with a couple of tries by keeping the choke open and by kick starting. So I asked the mechanic at the Honda Service station regarding the problem. He told me to put a drop of engine oil in the key hole. I tried even that but to no avail. Then I decided to open it up. Opening the battery compartment is not a tedious or complicated task. Just 4 nuts as given in the manual. Here you can see the hind of the key hole, where three wires are connected. One of the wire goes straight down through a black connector and there is another connector which is white in colour which has three wires going through it. I disconnected both the connectors cleaned them and reconnected them. This did the trick and my self start is working fine since then...