Homeschool Stockroom / Fraud and cheating

Rochester, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-292-5641

I purchased curriculum from them on 11/5. They said it takes 10 business day's. On day 11 I called for the status of my order. The customer service rep argued with me and kept telling me how wrong I was. When I said that this was poor customer service she told me I am a 'lousy customer' and hung up on me. I hung up and called back for almost 2 hours and was unable to get through to talk to anyone else. It now seems that my order has been shipped but I still haven't received anything. I have never been treated so poorly by a company. They refused to refund my money and cancel my order also. This has been a terrible experience and I would strongly urge people to AVOID this company at all costs.
Va

Comments

Sp
  5th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
My story is much like yours. I ordered a curriculum package but when it arrived I was at the hospital with my husband who had colon cancer. Because I did not pick the package up at the post office within 4 days they returned it to Homeschool Stockroom. A week later I called Homeschool Stockroom to ask them to resend the books or give me a refund. I called every day for 35 days and I was never allowed to talk to anyone and no one would return my call. Like you, I was treated very rudely. I was told that I was crazy, that I was never going to get my money back and the lady speaking told me she intended to ruin my credit. How, I don't know. I was also hung up on 4 times. I contacted the state attorneys office but had no luck because it was their word against mine and they lied. Any one considering them should find another company. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered and they have no compassion. My husband died and left me a single mother and the $500 they stole from me would have bought my children groceries and would have eased my worry
Mi
  29th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
Wow all these stories are fake. No company in their right mind would treat any one like the way you are telling how it is. In fact I know the owner of the business and she is a kind caring person. She doesn't have any mean bone in her body. All these seem like attacks from a company that became their "competitors". To put kids into a complaint as well? C'mon that's nonsense. If the constant "mistreatment" is happening .. future customers, ask yourself why they are still in business / have been around for some time?

Thanks for your patience and time, also the "competitors" stop making the company look bad, and focus on your own company. It doesn't do you any good in the long run to try to make another company look bad, in the end you end up hurting yourself.
Al
  19th of Oct, 2009
this story is the saddest i have heard so far. how could a company that has to deal with children s education be so horrible and un-compassionate? I also am a victim of this tragedy of a company. They only shipped out half my order and stated i would receive the other half a week later... however that was not the case. One month later and still only half the school books. I have done everything in my power to reach a human being to assist me with this issue however the only person that i have gotten a hold of actually cursed me out in an email. During a phone call with another representative i was told i should not be home schooling my children if i was this stupid! they also hung up on me. The representatives have told me i signed for both packages however they would not give me a delivery conformation number that i can take to the post office to verify who if anyone picked up the alleged package. I wish there was a better way to warn the next victim of this company so they will not fall into this category. I have wrote to Online BBB and also the BBB in New York to complain about this horrible company. I gave them my emails and information of proof. Hopefully they will take action against this company and at least get rid of the bad apples that are ruining this company. Here is a copy past of the letter of reply i got from this company. Please forgive the foul language as it is a copy paste.

Re: Homeschool Stockroom - Customer Feedback Form Confirmation‏
From: ** Marcy Kates - Homeschool Stockroom ** (marcy.kates@homeschoolstockroom.com)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Fri 10/16/09 1:24 AM
To: --------------------@hotmail.com

YOU ARE ABOUT THE BIGGEST IGNORANT ### OF A CUSTOMER WHO HAS EVER SHOPPEDWITH US! YOU SHOULD NOT B HOMESCHOOLING IF YOU CAN ###ING READ!
To
  30th of Nov, 2009
"alwaysfaithful"

Regina Gutierrez
regina_garley@hotmail.com
505-454-1181

The above is just ridiculous. Regina is a fraudulent thief. Any questions contact Marcy...she'd be more then happy to discuss Regina and the police reports against her utilizing her father's stolen credit card.
Am
  7th of Dec, 2009
I placed my order on 8/15 and received my first one 9/24. The second one I received on 9/30 and that is how I found out the $105 teacher's book was backordered. When I called to cancel they told me it was in the process of being shipped. 2 weeks passed and I call again to get tracking info. They told me they would have to call be back. 3 weeks of me calling everyday, at least 15 times a day, I still got no response. I even emailed them, with no reply. I finally filed a complaint with OnlineBusinessBureau.com and this is their reply to the complaint:
Our system tracking records reveal that this order has been completed and the customer has been advised of such on numerous occassions. It is presumed perhaps her child received the materials and "hid" them to avoid schoolwork as the order is complete.

How could I be "advised" if they never answer their phones or emails. As for my child "hiding" it, she is 7 and loves math and has been waiting for it. After all is said and done, I finally called my bank and they are working on getting my money refunded.
Ji
  10th of Aug, 2010
Wow, what a terrible company. I'm glad that I was warned before purchasing! I will warn everyone I know!

Michael Goins, I don't think there would be so many similar stories on here, plus people posting about their experiences on homeschool forums if all the allegations were fake.
Ji
  10th of Aug, 2010
/URL removed/
Sh
  30th of Sep, 2010
WOW - same thing happened here!!!

Marcy Kates sent me emails swearing at me - even the 'F' word! could not believe it! Simply for asking where my book was????
Sh
  30th of Sep, 2010
I see that Marcy Kates decided to join (aka: Micheal Goins) . Marcy, if the owner is so compassionate, why is she allowing you to swear at people like you are for absolutely no reason? The shocker is, I spoke to you, and you sound to be in your 60's! How can a woman of your age not have learned by now what 'CUSTOMER SERVICE' is? I expect your behaviour to come from a 12 year old.

I am contacting my bank today, as my only concern is that they will use my bank info. I am also contacting my state's homeschool organization, as well as other states.

My other concern is that based on the poorly designed website, I fear they will simply open in another name and take others as well.

Here is my story:

- Ordered in beg. of Sept. '10.
- After 2 weeks, called/emailed for about 5 days to ask where order was.
- Finally rec'd email stating it takes 4-6 weeks.
- Decided, since child needed materials, to call and see about expediting order (even if I had to pay).
- No rtu calls or emails after trying both repeatedly for 4 days.
- 5th day AM: told them I had been taken before, and the fact they have long shipment time frames (not disclosed until you've ordered already), AND do not rtu calls or emails, I was concerned this might be a fraudulant transaction. I told them I wanted to give them the oppy to call and clear my concern.
- They called on the 6th day, telling me I had cancelled my order. I had not done that, so I asked when and how I cancelled. she raised her voice and told me it said so in her notes, and that theycalled me about it. I asked when they called. She said she would have to go thru their records (very sharp, not liking being asked to verify her lies). I told her I had my cel phone records pulled up and there was only this one call from them, ever. She did not like that much...raised her voice, told me she was not going to argue with me and hung up on me.

I sent an email detailing the above, I suppose still holding out that it was a legit company and the owner needed to know what happened (I would, if it were my biz).
This is the response (I put it in order for easier reading):

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:26:36 -0400-> Subject: Re: Homeschool Stockroom - Contact Message-> From: marcy.kates@homeschoolstockroom.com-> To:

Get a life! Grow up and be an adult. No One here cares to hear your sob-> story. Your miserable [censor] atitude is what led to your order being-> cancelled to begin with. So go away annoying little pipsqueek and both-> someone else.->-> TaTa

ME: - Thank you - this has been forwarded to my BBB contact.

MARCY: GOOD--please forward them and yourself a BIG 'OLE [censor] you for me too!-

They may or may not be frauds (I will know if anything interesting shows up on my bank account!), but if they are legit, they are the WORST company I have ever dealt with.
Mi
  14th of Oct, 2010
Sorry guys Marcy and I are not as one or live closely to one another. If i could delete my comment I would, it was the marcy i once knew
Ve
  19th of Jun, 2011
I ordered my books on May 2 and was told that the books would be shipped within 10 business days 22 business days later I contacted them because I had not received my books. I called everyday and left messages and no one would call me back. I emailed with no response also. Finally on June 7th Marcy Kates called me and stated that the package had been shipped on June 1st and it should be there by the next day. Still nothing came. I called and emailed repeatedly until June 13th when she called and said the package was shipped that day and be there in 2 days . It came but half of it was missing also I paid $35.50 to have it shipped UPS ground but she shipped it Flat Rate box thru the Post Office for $8. I contacted her stating that I wanted a refund for the difference on the shipping and that I needed my other books and she said that I would get no refund and said nothing about the books. I contacted her again via email stating that she had broke our contract and that I wanted a refund and she called me an annoying Bi**** . Here are copies of the email correspondence. I have turned everything into the Attorney Generals Office and urge everyone to do the same!!!
From:
"** Marcy Kates - Homeschool Stockroom **"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"Roni"
Whatever! You're nothing but an annoying ###! You will receive no more
email replies period. Do whatcha gotta do baby!

GOOD DAY
---------------------------------------
- I agreed to these fees to have my items shipped by UPS ground within 10
- business days. I did not agree to pay $35.50 to have you flat rate ship my
- package through the USPS and then you make a profit from the remainder of
- my shipping fees. I also paid $390.50 to receive a full package and you
- neglected to send me my full order. You still owe me two of my books and I
- want them IMMEDIATELY!!! I gave you until today to get these books to me
- and not only did you not ship them but you totally skirt around the issue
- in your email by telling me I will not get a refund of shipping fees but
- don't even mention if my other books have been shipped. Also as I have
- previously stated in my other email. It has been almost two months since I
- placed my order, now I don't know what you consider to be good customer
- service but this is not it. You lied to me when you spoke to me on June 7
- when you told me that the package had been shipped on June 1. When I told
- you that I
- was contacting the attorney general on the 12th you quickly threw my
- books into a flat rate box and shipped them to me but conveniently left
- out two of my books.
- I have received notification from the state attorney generals office that
- they have received my complaint and they will be in contact with me soon.
- If you deliver the rest of my package ( English workshop and vocabulary
- workshop) within 3 days and refund the remainder of my shipping cost that
- you owe me( because YOU BROKE OUR CONTRACT WHEN YOU NEGLECTED TO SHIP MY
- PACKAGE UPS GROUND and therefore the fact that I agreed to pay those fees
- is null and void because you did not hold up your end of the agreement by
- not shipping my package through the agreed upon method) then I will not
- pursue this and will drop the case but if I do not receive the books with
- 3 business days (which will be Wednesday June 22 ) then I will have no
- choice but to pursue legal action against your company.
- GOOD DAY
- --- On Sat, 6/18/11, ** Marcy Kates - Homeschool Stockroom **
- wrote:
- From: ** Marcy Kates - Homeschool Stockroom **
- Subject:
- To: roni102296@yahoo.com
- Date: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 8:15 PM
- You will not receive any shipping & handling fees refunded period. Our
- charges are clearly disclosed and when you placed your order you agreed to
- those fees.
- Good Day
- --
- Homeschool Stockroom, Inc.
- www.homeschoolstockroom.com