Homerun Movers / Do not do work with these people for your sake

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I've filed complaints with the BBB, Attorney General of Tex and the National Transportation. They hold your items hostage until you pay the EXTRA fees they charge you (my case it cost me $3500 more than the quote!) They delivered my items 2-1/2 weeks later than said. Damaged my motorcycle, lost my brand new Jeep Wrangler Rear Seat (valued at $2400). They never answer or return phone calls, have not responded to any of the BBB correspondence and basically lie when you finally get a hold of someone. They promised me that they found my seat in their storage and that it would be delivered (that was a month ago). No seat, no return of phone calls. Will not send paperwork for any claims adjustment as well cause no one answers the phone. Do not do work with these people for your sake.

Va

Comments

• St
      17th of Jul, 2008

i totally agree!! we hired homerun movers to move us from texas to california. they had the worse work ethic of any company i have ever seen. they picked up our stuff late, busted some valuble glassware. then they refused to tell me the weight of my belongings. they never showed up in california to deliver and wouldn't let me know what was going on with our stuff. then they ended up charging us an extra 1200 dollars ON THE DAY OF DELIVERY!! who carries an extra 1200 dollars around with them!!! Some of our stuff never showed, some of came destroyed. Our washing machine was demolished...literally!! they charged us an extra $480 dollars for professional boxes and mattress pads. the funny thing is we used our own boxes, and have picture to prove it!! i went from wal-mart to wal-mart hunting down boxes. we also shipped NO mattresses!!! NONE!! we sold our mattresses before the move b/c they were old and didn't want to pay to ship them. But homerun movers charged us anyway!! We have been trying to contact them for almost 2 months now for claims, and they refuse to answer the phone. we have left messages, emails, and formal requests. they refuse to fix what they did. PLEASE save yourself the hearache and stess...DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!