HomEq Sevicing / unlawful treatment

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I made a mistake of letting a family member in the lending industry find a lender for my mortgage. She chose HomEq. I was granted a mortgage with a 2 year ARM. I lost my job as a manager and was forced to collect unemployment until I got work 3 months later. I unfortunately with this declining economy had to settle for a much lower paying job. I always made my payments on time until this. I knew I had a ARM activating soon so I called HomEq trying to see if I could work out anther arrangement. They were rude and would not not extend any offers. I am a single mom who works for a living with no aid from anyone. I have fallen behind in my mortgage and at most at time for about 6 months get 2 months delinquent. They call all the time and leave messages. I have tried at least 5 times to talk to them about modifying my loan terms every time they are down right ignorant. They are condescending and beyond rude. They will not allow partial payments or even work with you on anything. I was poked fun at, laughed at, and treated like I was nothing. I can not even express how bad they are. Tonight after just making a $ 1200.00 payment less than a week ago, I tried to made a payment since they had money I paid just sitting in a account listed as unapplied funds. How can they just take your money and hold it. They call to harass how you owe them money. I have consulted multiple mitigation lender and they all same "HomEq will not do anything " they purposely are trying to make people loss their houses. NEVER USE HOMEQ

Comments

• Mi
      1st of May, 2009

I agree. Someone should go after Homeq. I declared chapter 7 9 months ago but I have continued making my mortgage payments because I want to keep my home. However, I lost my job 4 months ago a they are not offering any loan modifications at all. I remember before chapter 7 they would call me and harrass me day and night it was horrible.

I wish we had someone we could go to and get these to work with the owners instead of against them.

• Ca
      6th of May, 2009

You don't choose Homeq...they are a servicer. Homeq does nto originate loans. If someone has a horrible complaint, get the facts right. And you cant modify the Bankruptcy loans in certain cases. i swear. personal accountability is awesome...you owe money, theyre going to call. I had some issues, needed help and yes, they called...I OWED MONEY...how could they not? its not like i borrowed $15...

26th of May, 2009

try americanlmg.com they succeeded with a loan mod for me and homeq services my loan.