HomEq Servicing Corporation / Class action suit!

I, like many of you, am being "serviced" by HomEq, but am taking as many steps as possible to return the favor. I'm currently looking for people to join me in a class-action lawsuit against them. I've contacted multiple attorneys with the specifics of my case, but would have a much better chance of securing excellent representation if I can present a number of people willing to stand against this company.

It is my intent to find as many people as possible with similar complaints in order to retain an attorney on a contingency basis. Due to my current legal woes, I certainly can't afford another lawyer to file the suit. If enough of us can form a "class", the plaintiff's attorney would be paid a percentage of any damages awarded (provided we win). Basic economics would suggest the larger the number of complainants, the larger the award; hence the bigger the attorney's payday. If you're interested and serious about repaying HomEq for the treatment you've received, please send me a brief e-mail including your name, address, owner or trustee of your mortgage, and description of HomEq's actions. I will try to respond to every e-mail as soon as I can, but my time is at a premium, as I work three jobs to make ends meet. I will keep your information strictly confidential, but please don't send me any sensitive information such as account numbers, etc. Once a lawyer has been selected, that information can be forwarded to him/her.

Please address all e-mails to Bill Berkenbush, berkengineer@yahoo.com with HomEq Class Action in the subject line.

Comments

• Sh
      6th of Mar, 2008

What are the particulars of you complaint against Homeq? I have them as well.

• Ro
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I feel they are not fare to the co- borrower which I am I tried to call them to stop them from foreclosing on a home I cosigned and all I got was an answering machine and when I left my phone number a number of time and no one called me back at all from HomEq

• Ge
      5th of Feb, 2018

@Robert Foss This is exactly what happened to us!!! EVERY TIME my husband would call them he got either NO answer and just a answering machine or a person with a Australian accent who was of NO help!!! We foreclosed in 2008

• Ge
      5th of Feb, 2018

I had HomEq Servicing as our loan /mortgage company. Apparently, they could careless about their customers who were trying to do the right thing!!!
    Our mortgage payment kept going up and my husband called and called and called, to no avail ...NO ONE cared or helped us out. We bought that house in 2001, put allot of cash upgrades on it, including the backyard.I'm guessing we put $30, 000 into that property in CASH!!! We also put about $16, 000 cash down payment!! I didn't even think of a class action suit, but if there is one I want to be included!! What they did to people was a crime!!!

• El
      10th of Apr, 2018

HomEq caused us to lose our house in 2015. It all started in 2009. The bottom of my husband's small contracting business fell out. When the 'banks' stopped lending, builders stopped building - EVERYTHING came to a grind halt. We saw the handwriting on the wall. We begged for a modification. We sent them $9, 000 that I had to borrow from my 401k and NEVER applied it. We had a receipt for the wired money but a forensic loan auditor could not find where they applied the $9, 000. They told us we qualified for a modification and after that they pretty quickly closed up shop and then sent a letter concerning the mod but the payment was higher than the original one! My husband got a good paying job inside of 6 months but it was too late. We were too far down the rabbit hole. By then the account was in the hands of a foreclosure mill and a guy (Greg Dorn) who wanted the house so badly that the second we sensed we were going to falter trying to be proactive - he was there with an offer of a short sale. HE KNEW all of our business. He now lives in my house on my ancestral water front property at 2000 Wilson Point Road in Baltimore County. I am convinced he knew someone in that foreclosure mill (Shapiro & Burson - at the time- they got rid of Burson for improper oversight - whatever I call it fraud). We fought them for five long draining years. We lost our house, 401k, ancestral waterfront property and our dignity in the process. I never expected to have to beg in open court or beg Dorn not to take my house. We will never recover emotionally or financially.