HomEQ / They are not working with us

I feel like Homeq is ripping us off! I was on time with all my mtg. payments until the end of 2007 when my business wasn't do so well. I kept paying Homeq the best I could, sometimes $50 short. Of course I was in communication with them all along. I ended up not being able to afford homeowner's insurance in order to pay the mortgage so they added insurance to the mtg. They decided to put the full premium amount of $1700. Causing me to go into foreclosure! Then they added an additional $2000 legal fees. They told me I had to come up with at least $3200. to get it out of foreclosure, and when I did they declined my payment. Now I am currently in foreclosure again. I have no other alternative but to file for bankruptcy. I felt like they really screwed me over!

I must say that the people at Homeq customer service have been nice, but I get a different answer every time I call.

Va

Comments

• Pa
      12th of Jun, 2008

my job downsized and moved to far for me to commute everyday with gas high it was $3.56 then. I found another job got bit by a brown recucive spider on my hand . I call homeq and told them my payment was goning to be late thats when my troubles strated. I missed 2 payments when my third was due I called back. one man told to hurry up and send at least in one payment to get me out danger. they accepted the payment but the following month put me into forclouser charged $2200 in fees, told me to pay them $1200. And $900 the intrest grew everymonth to as long as I still owed them. I went to a HUD counslor she did a mortgage modifacation . They said they don't consider modefications when a home is in the rear.then I was late because my roomer moved out with no notice I called again homeq they asked how will I make the payment I said I will get it if I got to sell my body he told me if I can get money so easily send them $ 2400 my payments would drop to $673.31 this was afforable and a thursday by mon I called back to tell them I could send the $2400 they put my house back in forclouser again, now I owe $6900 and they want $1100 for the next year. when my income is $1426 a month. I have about $25 in my pocket for the month I a woman I have needs. I am forced to start bankrupcy proccedures this week coming.

• Re