HomEQ / Customer service jerks

I have had the unfortunate experience of talking to "customer service" at HomeQ. Over the years it has become obvious that they train their people to treat us with no respect.
I had fallen a month behind. I called to work out a re-payment plan to catch up. I had to go through a list of income and expenses. The entire time comments were made that I needed to eliminate cable tv, reduce my phone expense, reduce my office expenses, etc. The final blow came when he said that maybe I wouldn't be behind if I made my wife find a job to bring in the extra money. He said it was obvious that I needed help getting my finances in order.
The saddest thing was, that after I started to yell at him, he said that I wasn't showing HIM prpoer respect. All of a sudden I have some 23 year old punk in a cubicle giving me financial advice and demanding respect. This attitude was not unique. I agree with a previous post that suggests this is a corporate policy to treat us in this manner. This behavior is obviouslt ecouraged and rewarded.

A  28th of Feb, 2009 by
N  27th of Mar, 2009 by
So, basically you're saying that you refuse to adjust your lifestyle to you current financial sitution? You can't cut the cbale to put a roof over you familie's heads? You can't let your wife work because you haven't crawled into 2009 yet? Common, man. Some of these peopl have REAL complaints. It's just common sense. If I'm about to lose my house because I'm not making the moeny, shoot, you can bet even my dog will be getting a job walking the blind. I'll be eating Cup'O'Noodles till I save my house. Hope you enjoy your cable when you're back in you mom's garage. Hope you remember that "punks" advise then. At least he's got a job and payng his mortgage.