HomeEverything.com / Horrible Service, Delivery and Deceptive Business Practices

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

Do NOT believe the positive reviews, as I can almost guarantee that the company itself is posting them to counterbalance all the TRULY negative comments actual customers are posting. How they dare to give themselves 5 stars is disgusting. This has been THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Pay attention to the way they are being reviewed. There is no middle ground. It's either people are supposedly extremely satisfied or they are very upset. I've been dealing with them for over a month and I do not believe that they can ever get positive reviews. There has not been ONE single occassion that I have called and have not had to wait a MINIMUM of 1/2 hour just to get a customer services representative to answer the phone. When we placed an order everything was just fine and dandy but try getting a hold of someone to help you when the time comes because of delayed shipment without being notified, incomplete order delivery, order arriving and not being installed, additional charges for installation, backordered appliances that were already charged to our credit card, the list goes on.

Bottom line, HomeEverything.com has horrible business practices, makes false promises, and is deceiving to their customers. I have never been so frustrated making a purchase, and communicating with a company.

Am

Comments

• Ru
      29th of Jun, 2010

I ordered a frigidaire dishwasher from them and have a very bad experience. Probably the WORST experience from all my online purchases in my entire life.
    I am stuck with a dishwasher with a BIG ding on the front door and I cant do nothing about it because they NEVER pick up the phone.
    If you are placing an order they will answer the phone quickly but by the time you are calling about the existing order 1-888-518-3484 option 2, they just dont answer the damn phone!!

Read the return policy carefully:
    1. You have to make sure the package is good when you receive the shipment from UPS.
    HOW?? Do you think UPS guy is willing to sit around for 30 min waiting for you to open the big boxes and inspect everything?? They just dropped it off and took off. Once u open the box and find out the appliance get damage you are stucked with 100 pounds appliance!!
    2. 24 hour window to return!!
    I called UPS once I opened the box and they told me to call Home everything but they did NOT pick up the phone!! (Try call their number and option 2 for existing order, NO one will answer it!!), so I tried to EMAIL them 4 times but NO response!!

Be really careful, they dont response to your call after you place your order. Disputing the charge with your CC company wont help either. The citibank dispute department itself is trying to call them due to NO response.
    I am giving up, this is just the WORST experience I have purchasing online. The CC told me the only thing I can do is to pay the broken dishwasher and WARN others of this merchant so people wont fall into the same situation

• Am
      29th of Jun, 2010

Sorry you had to deal with them as well. I wish there was a way to put this company out of business. It is run by a bunch of crooks and thieves.

• Na
      28th of Sep, 2010

I agree, I ordered a washing machine over a month ago and it still has not shipped! Every time I call, customer service tells me it will 'ship tomorrow'. However, they have already billed my credit card. I would warn others to not do business with Homeeverything.

• Kp
      6th of Oct, 2010

DO NOT ORDER FROM HOMEEVERYTHING!!! They are liars! I ordered a weber BBQ from them. Five days later went to check my account for a tracking number. No tracking number so i called and waited for 30 minutes to speak to someone.
    I asked where the tracking number was? He said its only been 5 days since your order. I asked nicely about 5 times to cancel my order. He repeatedly told me they would ship it out tomorrow. I said no i'm canceling my order! That's when he put me on hold and I was disconnected! So the next day I checked to see if there was a tracking number, still no tracking number.
    This went on for about 5 more days until i could take the time from my day to get back on the phone and tell them to cancel my order. I once again waited for 30 minutes before speaking to a real live person, It was the same song and dance. I repeatedly told him to cancel my order and then to let me speak to a supervisor.
    Still he argued with me and gave me more empty promises saying they will ship it by Friday. Thats when I told him "Now i'm Pissed" Give me a cancellation number right now! He finally put me on hold and told me he cancelled my order. This is literally the worst customer service I have ever experienced!

21st of Jan, 2011

I ordered a microwave from them in September 2010. I canceled before I ever got the microwave. I call, email, every weeks, and I still have not received a refund. It's now almost february 2011! It's a miracle when you actually do get someone on the phone, but in the last 2 weeks i'm calling during their business hours, yet it says that they are closed. I want to put these scam artists out of business as well, but I want my money back first!!!

• Ho
      5th of Feb, 2011

Amazingly, I did get the item that I ordered, but there was no communication regarding shipment or when the delivery would be. I considered buying from a local Home Depot or Lowes, but homeeverything had a "$100 gift card" with purchases over a certain amount, so I determined that I would save money that way. I was supposed to have gotten my gift card in 10 days; it took two months and about ten phone calls (10-20 minutes on hold each time) for me to actually get the email with instructions on the gift card. When I followed the instructions in the email, I found out that the "gift card" will actually only work if you spend more than the amount of the card - to actually get $100 off the price of your meal, you have to spend $200 on the meal (who does that?!?!); that's not a gift card - it's a discount. Nowhere in their promotion did it say "terms and conditions may apply" or anything like that. Here's what it said, verbatim from the promotional emails that I am still getting. Save $1000 and get dinner on us! Claiming your gift card is easy! Simply enter the coupon code "DINNER100" when making a purchase of $300 or more. Ten days after your order has shipped, you will receive an email with your $100 restaurant.com gift card and instructions on how to redeem it. Enjoy! One Gift Card per order. - Notice the "dinner on us" part? I have called them five times about this; the customer reps, when they actually ANSWER THE PHONE, are extremely brusque, and they get angry and rude when you contradict them. One fellow told me to email [protected]@homeeverything.com. I emailed Albert twice, and got no response either time. I called back, spoke to an equally rude rep, and was told that Albert was the wrong person to email; I needed to email [protected]@homeeverything.com. I asked if he was in the habit of answering his email, since Albert obviously doesn't, and I was assured that Jamie definitely answers customers' concerns as they are very important to him. I have emailed Jamie twice to no avail. I am waiting for Monday to call them back, since they have no hours on the weekend. I already reported them to the Better Business Bureau; they have had over 80 complaints in the past three years. I wish every one of their customers would take the time to complain; these people should be run out of business. Don't believe anything these people tell you. Caveat emptor.

• De
      11th of Feb, 2011

I purchased a recirculating kit and a oven from them: First the recirculating kit arrived damaged, deformed and was literally nothing more than junk metal with poorly cut slivers at the top. Supposedly made in the USA with pride! Anyway, I sent the item back to them and they promised to send me a new one. After three weeks I receive THE SAME DAMAGED POS back!? Not only that, the oven I ordered never arrived was never shipped and I was given the run around for 30 days until I finally called my credit card company and did a charge back. Mind you when I ordered I asked them how long would it be until the item shipped. I was told I would have it within a week. The complications that arose from the oven never coming have been astounding. I hate these SOB's with a passion and may end up suing them in small claims court. Stay away from this company.

• De
      11th of Feb, 2011

I need to add more info, when I purchased the oven the promotion was a free 5 year warranty. After charging my credit card there was no mention of any warranty in any e-mail pertaining to the oven. Of course I never received it and had to call my CC company to chargeback. These guys a really scummy, sleazy mofos...

• Ho
      16th of Mar, 2011

I agree with all the comments. The company is by far the worst internet company i've seen. They charge first and either deliver damage products or never deliver for months. it's been 3months. first they said their shipping was closed for 2 weeks due to weather, now it's "we recieved it damage so we didn't want to send you that, so it may be another 2 weeks". Constant delay. I have written to Better Business Bureau about them and attached another link of complaints on this same company and suggest you all do the same. Hopefully we all can get some justice and shut them down. Good luck

15th of Apr, 2011

I've also had nothing but bad experiences with this company - I ordered online and they charged my card immediately for an expensive refrigerator, yet four weeks later it still hadn't arrived. I emailed their customer service several times about the delivery dates (that had been missed) and their phony 'price match guarantee' but without response.

I should be getting my money returned now, after threatening to contact my card company to chase them. I may still have to, as I do not trust this company one little bit, and could hardly be surprised at further dishonesty.

Very poor business practices, certainly seems like some type of scam operation. I definitely agree that most (maybe all) of the 'positive' comments on the review sites look strange - the wording and spelling, the similar user names, the fact they're all claiming the company is so wonderful...

• Sh
      18th of Apr, 2011

WOW. I wish I had read this site before I ordered 4000.00 in appliances. Their website is top-notch...I expected great service. So far I have experienced exactly what everyone else has experienced: 1. They already charged my credit card. 2. The shipping date has already been extended twice to now where it will be a full month from my order date that I "might" get my appliances. 3. Customer service is horrible! I called the sales # (option 1) and did get through, but the moment I started complaining the man promptly put me back on hold without so much as an explanation, 20 minutes later customer service answered. The PROMISED it would ship next week "it's a concrete date, maam." I'll update this post if I do finally get my things.

What a NIGHTMARE!!! I should have just paid the extra money and went to my local Sears, Lowe's or Home Depot. I'd be enjoying my appliances right now. I hate to even think of how hard it is going to be should I need to use my so called warranty that comes with these appliances. Live and learn...live and learn...

• Ga
      20th of Apr, 2011

I am one more unhappy customer. I order from them in March 4th 2011 and nothing. I email them March 28th about a delivery date and they respond saying it would leave their facility on April 5th (ONE MONTH AFTER ORDERING!) On April 5th I called again and they said it was going to leave their place on the 8th. and I didn't agree because they were just lying. Asked to cancel the order and up till today April 20th I've Not received my money back!!! Called again today April 2oth and they are closed for Passover Holiday!... FOR YOUR OWN SAKE DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

• Se
      21st of Apr, 2011

Miss Shopping Sally,

My name is Misty and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. I’m so very sorry that you’ve had these problems with our delivery team. What you’ve posted here is not acceptable by any Sears standards and we would like to investigate this as well as resolve the issues. We value you as a Sears customer and appreciate your business. We would really like the opportunity to help you with this issue.
    At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number that your items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Shopping Sally) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Se
      21st of Apr, 2011

Dear Gabrielito99,

My name is Misty with Sears Cares and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. I am truly sorry that your online services did not go as expected. We would like to see how we can help with this unfortunate situation and get your issue resolved. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (gabrielito99) listed on your site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• 10
      22nd of Apr, 2011

I'll back that up. If you're shopping for a new appliance DO NOT ORDER FROM HOMEEVERYTHING.COM. I placed an order 2 months ago, and am still waiting. I've gotten the similar run-around as these other people, with a stream of emails about "Your order is scheduled to leave our facility by ...FILL IN THE DATE... I'm on the 3rd or 4th round of this ### and I'm sick of it. I'm spending my morning filing a complaint with the BBB, posting complaints on every board I can find and calling the credit card company to reverse payment. I've gone from understanding to disappointed, to flat out pissed off.

I'm going down to Sears instead. At least they seem to have some sort of interest in customer service. I never should have ordered from some unknown online place like HomeEverything!

• Lo
      3rd of May, 2011

I paid over $3600 for a washer and a dryer from homeverything.com back in March of 2011, including $200 for installation and $150 for rush processing since my old appliances could not be used anymore. It is May the 2nd and I still have the appliances taking space in my garage because nobody has come to install them or even call to make an appointment. I have called homeverything twice without any results, the first time after being put on hold by customer service for over 10 minutes they hang up on me. I sent an email over 10 days ago to customer service to address my complain and I still don't have a reply. I wonder if I have to spend much more on legal action?

• Da
      30th of May, 2011

I wish I had read these reviews before ordering from this company. I have been emailed that my order has been shipped several times. I have called, emailed and complained about the delays in receiving the order. IT STILL HAS NOT SHIPPED. How can a company tell you several times that an order has shipped when it has NOT. Each time I wrote or called, I made it very clear that if we could not get the order within the original delivery period, I would need to cancel. In my opinion, the company falsely stated that the item had shipped to prevent me from cancelling the order.

• Te
      10th of Jun, 2011

Ordered from them online also. Spoke to Sean...who assured me that there was no sales tax and free shipping. So, I confirmed the prices with him, and then paid using ebillme. I then get an email with a bill which included tax. Called Sean back, he says he just got back from vacation...blah...blah...blah he didn't realize that now they are supposed to charge me tax. Whole big mess with ebillme, to cancel payment, and go ahead with new amount which included tax. Didn't hear from them in a couple of days...no calls, no emails. I call back and speak to manager and he says that they (the company) are supposed to pay the tax...NOT ME! Another mess with ebillme. One month later, I finally received my washer and dryer. Trucking company was also a nightmare. I called them to find out when they would be delivering. They tell me on Friday between 9 a.m. and 12 noon. At 11:30 I call to find out the status. I am told the truck broke, not for 2 hours at least. They never called me or emailed me to let me know that the truck "broke". I took off 3 hours in the a.m. from work to stay home and wait for my delivery. Still had to go to work. I tell them to deliver on Tuesday, since Monday is Memorial Day. I ask what time, and the guys says between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. I'm in the shower at 8:20 a.m...and they are knocking on my door. They load machines into my house, and then walk away. I said "wait, where's my invoice or receipt?" They tell me it's in the other truck and they will drop it in my mail box tomorrow. That was two weeks ago. I guess I'm lucky that I even got my machines. It's not worth the hassle. Buy from someone else.

• I, too, attempted to order an item from homeeverything.com. I took advantage of a sale, purchase was confirmed and then...nothing. A week later, I emailed only to learn that the item was backordered and my order cancelled. They never contacted me. I missed the ability to take advantage of other holiday sales as a result of their lack of communication and business ethics. I have attempted to speak to someone, anyone, and can't even find a phone number to call. I would not recommend using this company in the future.

• Gl
      12th of Feb, 2012
    HomeEverything.com - Won't return money after canceling
    Homeeverything.com
    homeeverything.com

I canceled an order of a refrigerator from this company and they sent me an email confirmation saying they would refund my money. It has been 3 weeks and no credit to my account. I have emailed and called at least 6 times and they promise each time that they will refund my money but they don't. I would be very careful ordering anything from them. I turned the matter over to my credit card company.