HomeEverything.com / HomeEverything.com is a SCAM...You may want to think twice about shopping there!!

1 NY, United States Review updated:

This company is a SCAM!! Don't get fooled by their claim for cheapest price and free shipping. I ordered a product and they advised me that I would receive it in 7-10 business days. About a week later they charged my credit card. I was told by email that my product was being shipped and I would receive a tracking # as soon as it was. They kept telling me "it will ship tomorrow", "it will ship tomorrow" After a month, my emails stopped being returned and at this point I had already paid for the product through my credit card. I finally called the customer service number and the same guy that kept emailing me answered the phone (I think there is 1 person that works there). Scott was so rude, mocked me, and continously interupted. I was uphauled by his complete lack of customer service. I, never in my life have experience that. When I advised him that I was going to make a complaint about the company he said "tell the BBB I said hi" and also shouted obsentities and asked me why I wanted to cancel after waiting so long. If you are smart you would not choose to shop here. To this day they have still not refunded my credit card the $1k that they charged for a product they obviously did not have.

Comments

• Pr
      Jun 25, 2010
    HomeEverything.com - Doesn't deliver

Ordered set of stainless - eight place settings and a hostess-completer set. The set of eight place settings arrived a month later, and the hostess serving piece set was "back-ordered". It remained "back-ordered" for three months, then they said "no longer available". They SELL what they DON'T HAVE and MAYBE CANNOT GET.

• Dj
    HomeEverything.com - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Same story, backordered item that took longer to arrive than they said, and NO UPDATES at all.

When it was damaged, they said that they ordered a replacement part, which they did not. Again, no updates on the replacement part.

Finally, I contact the manufacturer, who made it right.

I really think that they are adding in false "Wildly Positive" reviews to counter balance the true, horrible experience.

• Am
      Jun 29, 2010

We had major issues with this company as well. Thank you for sharing your unfortunate experience with everyone. I think people need to be aware of the crooks and thieves that are running that business.

• Am
      Jun 29, 2010

I couldn't agree with you more!

• So
      Jun 30, 2010
    HomeEverything.com - Service
    Homeeveryting.com

Don't believe anything you read that says anything positive about this company. I'm sorry I ever heard of it. I feel like an idiot because I purchased a microwave from them. I've never been through anything like this. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was on some reality show where they see how far they can push you. I bought a microwave, they took my money. That's the only part that went smoothly. Delayed shipping, delayed install. THe install was great, looks perfect. But the microwave doesn't work. The installer left, saying he couldn't stay and someone would be contacting me. I took off work again for a "repairman" to come. Bad board. Nothing he could do, he didn't have a spare. He left, someone would contact me. Days pass, they call. They don't have a spare board. They'll have to giet me a new microwave. Someone will call me. After 2 months, I schedule another install. The guy calls to tell me he'll be there at the scheduled time. Calls back to say he can't find my house. Why? He's in Southern IL, I'm in Northern IL. Oops. He'll have somenoe call me. Two days later, no call. I am now trying to contact every number I've been given in the last two months, but surprise surprise, they are all passing the buck. As far as I'm concerned, Home Everything is responsible. I want my money back and this piece of crap out of my house. Don't make the mistake of buying anything from them. If you do, you've been warned.

• Sd
      Sep 13, 2010

I ordered a product 2 months ago and still not received it. Can't get through their phones and have been lied to several times about the product being damaged which is why it wasn't shipped. This is a scam company and will be reported.

• Ha
      Dec 05, 2010

I am currently having the same terible experience with HomeEverything as many of the people who have sent in complaints: unreturned calls and e-mails, lies about delveries that never arrive, a delivery of the wrong item that is never corrected. I even sent a detailed e-mail to H.E's president, its C.O.O., and its Manager of Operations 4-weeks-ago. No reply. (I'll submit a detailed complaint later.) Last week, I filed an internet fraud complaint with the NY State office of the Attorney General. I'll keep you posted.

• Ha
      Dec 05, 2010

(CORRECTED & EXPANDED COMMENT) I am currently having the same terrible experience with HomeEverything as many of the people who have sent in complaints: unreturned calls and e-mails, lies about delveries that never arrive, a delivery of the wrong item that is never corrected, my credit card being charged and no delivery made, etc. I even sent a detailed e-mail to H.E's president, its C.O.O., and its Manager of Operations 4-weeks-ago. No reply. (I'll submit a detailed complaint later.) Last week, I filed an internet fraud complaint with the NY State office of the Attorney General. I'll keep you posted.

• Dj
      Jan 13, 2011

I also had a terrible experience with Homeeverything.com. They hired a delivery company to deliver the appliance to my door. HE does not choose their business partners wisely nor does it maintain effective communiucation with its business partners. The other delivery company attempted to charge me for delivery service and there were a number of phone calls required to HE to get this resolved. The delivery company also did damge to my walls and once again did not want to take responsibility. This took a long time to resolve with HE and HE had trouble understanding why they were responsible for resolving the actions of thier business partners. The delivery company installed the applicance incorrectly causing water to leak beneath my floors. The floors buckeled causing a significant repair. HE nor the delivery company would take ownership of their actions. We are currently involved in a small claims court dispute. Do not buy from this company as any discount from the lower price will be paid for later. Use a more well known, established company even if it costs extra.

• Ho
      Feb 05, 2011
    HomeEverything.com - Home Everything Customer Service/False Advertising
    Homeeverything.com

This company is HORRIBLE. I called them to schedule my delivery - no one ever called me - and after holding for fifteen minutes, I was given a number for the delivery company. I called it, and it had been disconnected. I called HE again, held for another fifteen minutes, and got a different number. That company had no idea what I was talking about; they had nothing to be delivered to me. I finally just lucked out by checking the website status (HE did not say that I needed to do this; they said someone would call me) and saw when it would be delivered. Luckily, I had it sent to my grandmother's house, and she never leaves, so that was fine; however, it could just as easily have been at some time she had an appointment, because there was no communication between myself and the delivery company at any time, largely due to the fact that HE didn't seem to know their phone number.
    I am posting this experience on every site I can to warn people about this horrible company. Amazingly (after reading these reviews), I did get the item that I ordered, but there was no communication regarding shipment or when the delivery would be. I considered buying from a local Home Depot or Lowes, but homeeverything had a "$100 gift card" with purchases over a certain amount, so I determined that I would save money that way. I was supposed to have gotten my gift card in 10 days; it took two months and about ten phone calls (10-20 minutes on hold each time) for me to actually get the email with instructions on the gift card. When I followed the instructions in the email, I found out that the "gift card" will actually only work if you spend more than the amount of the card - to actually get $100 off the price of your meal, you have to spend $200 on the meal (who does that?!?!); that's not a gift card - it's a discount. Nowhere in their promotion did it say "terms and conditions may apply" or anything like that. Here's what it said, verbatim from the promotional emails that I am still getting. Save $1000 and get dinner on us! Claiming your gift card is easy! Simply enter the coupon code "DINNER100" when making a purchase of $300 or more. Ten days after your order has shipped, you will receive an email with your $100 restaurant.com gift card and instructions on how to redeem it. Enjoy! One Gift Card per order. - Notice the "dinner on us" part? I have called them five times about this; the customer reps, when they actually ANSWER THE PHONE, are extremely brusque, and they get angry and rude when you contradict them. One fellow told me to email [protected]@homeeverything.com. I emailed Albert twice, and got no response either time. I called back, spoke to an equally rude rep, and was told that Albert was the wrong person to email; I needed to email [protected]@homeeverything.com. I asked if he was in the habit of answering his email, since Albert obviously doesn't, and I was assured that Jamie definitely answers customers' concerns as they are very important to him. I have emailed Jamie twice to no avail. I am waiting for Monday to call them back, since they have no hours on the weekend or after 3PM on Friday. I already reported them to the Better Business Bureau; they have had over 80 complaints in the past three years. I wish every one of their customers would take the time to complain; these people should be run out of business. Before you buy from them, try calling their customer service at 1-888-518-3484 option 2. This will give you an idea of how your time will be spent if you have a slight issue with your order from Home Everything. Caveat Emptor!

• We
      Feb 13, 2011
    HomeEverything.com - Do yourself a favor and do not purchase from them no matter how attractive the price
    homeeverything.com

There has not been ONE single occasion that I have called and have not had to wait a MINIMUM of 15 - 30 minutes just to get a customer service representative to answer the phone. When we placed an order everything was simple and easy but try getting a hold of someone to help you when the time comes because they have delayed shipping your order without notifying you, incomplete order delivery, appliances arriving and not being installed, back ordered appliances that were already charged to our credit card, the list goes on. They should inform customers that the delivery company is not the same as the installation company. True it says free delivery but be ready because unless you pay for the installation the delivery person will only drop off your appliance at the door and then leave. They will not place it inside the house. Bottom line, HomeEverything.com has horrible business practices, makes false promises, and is deceiving to their customers. I have never been so frustrated making a purchase, and communicating with a company. Do yourself a favor and do not purchase from them no matter how attractive the price because their customer service and response to issues is so horrible. You will regret it.

• Th
      Feb 17, 2011
    HomeEverything.com - Lied about Delivery Twice unwilling to Help
    Colorado

Homeeverything.com is incompetent and dishonest. Neither item was in stock as indicated. A month after my order was placed they still have failed to ship anything. They continually failed to processes the payment as they were instructed to on three separate occasions. Would never do business with them again

• Ka
      May 12, 2011
    HomeEverything.com - Lied about Delivery Twice unwilling to Help
    HomeEverything
    homeeverything.com

This company should not be doing business. Ordered my ice maker April 20th when it had not arrived by May 1st I called the company and was informed it would ship May 12th and arrive the 17th of May. This is not normal delivery and is not information you are given anywhere on their site. I told them I needed the unit for a yacht which was leaving May 15th for a month of charters in the Bahamas and needed the unit sooner. I was told they would put it on a truck on Friday May 6th and to expect 3-5 days for delivery which was cutting it close but was manageable. On Friday May 6th I called to double check and was told absolutely that the unit was on a truck and would be delivered in time. May 12th I get an email saying the unit will be shipped on May 12th and to expect delivery May 17-19th. Manna shipping tells me they haven't got the unit and if it is released they can have it to me in 2 days no problem. On May 13th I call (Scott the manager?) which Manna shipping reccomended I call and he says he will call Manna shipping and see what he can do. An hour later he tells me it is shipped already and there is no way to change the shipping and that he is sorry and I can have a refund. So I call Manna shipping back to double check and of course the unit has still not been released to them and that of course they could 2 day the shipment and still get it to me in time. Unbelievable! I am ashamed by this incredible lack of morals that modern business has embraced. How can this company be put out of business. They must be breaking some law.

• Co
      May 18, 2011

I was also scammed for over $1000.00. Same premise "We'll ship your item in 5-10 days". I realize now this is a way to buy time so you will not dispute the charge when it shows on your credit card. I called the manufacturer of the supposed "out of stock product" and they said they can easily get the product and had never heard of HomeEverything. They also said my order was never placed in their system.

HomeEverything.com is a total con. They ship some items to customers to get a give a good review, but for many big ticket customers over $1000, they charge the card then give the runaround. If you are out of State, it's near impossible to get your money back unless you dispute with your credit card company or take them to court.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

I now have to file a claim against them to try and get money back for an item they never shipped. BEWARE!!

• Si
      May 21, 2011
    HomeEverything.com - Late Delivery
    HomeEverything.com
    homeeverything.com

This company borders on criminal. They took my order, Charged my credit card and then started pushing back the delivery date. It took me a month and a half to get my Weber Grill. Their price was the same as other online retailers but their service and customer support was terrible. The never answered my e-mail request and I had to wait on hold for 30 minutes to speak with a customer "service" rep.
    DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM - YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU DID.

• Jh
      Jun 14, 2011
    HomeEverything.com - Everthing
    HomeEverthing.com
    Brooklyn
    New York

Home everything is a disaster of epic proportion. After having my order delayed twice with no real good explination, I was then informed that they could not deliver 2 of the 5 appliances. The 3 that came were fine, but then 5 phone calls with 30 min+ wait times, 2 emails and another month later, I still have not had my credit card credited back. DO NOT EVER USE THEM. I am on hold again (12 minutes and counting).

John Hartwick

• Gw
      Jun 16, 2011
    HomeEverything.com - This was my first experience with your company and I am extremely disappointed
    homeeverything.com

Here is my email to homeeverything's "customer service" department. Please do not order from this site. You will only regret it as I do now.

I am writing in regards to an order I placed over a month ago and as of today have not received it. My credit card was charged a few days after I placed my order and I thought my order would arrive soon after that. I checked the status and was given a time frame that has now passed and still no order. I emailed before and received a generic reply about my order shipping out in the next week. Today I finally got someone on the phone and was told that you did not have my zip code. How is it that my card was charged and yet I never heard from you asking to verify the zip code if that was truly the problem?

This was my first experience with your company and I am extremely disappointed. There was no apology about the mix-up and no reassurance that you will truly rectify the situation. I will NOT recommend you guys to anyone I know. I'm quite frankly surprised that you are in business if this is the way you deal with paying customers. The least you can do is train your customer service reps to pretend to care about the situation. Did you think you were just going to keep my $1, 373.56 and did not actually have to deliver my order? I order online quite frequently and have never had such an awful experience as I am having with your company.

• Dt
      Jul 20, 2011
    HomeEverything.com - Failure to Refund
    HomeEverything
    1269 Coney Island Avenue
    Phone: 888-518-3484
    homeeverything.com

I wish I had read the numerous complaints about HomeEverything.com before I placed my order for a Maytag washer and dryer. In May 2017, I ordered the washer and dryer. After waiting almost 8 weeks and repeatedly calling their miserable customer service line (I agree - plan to waste at least 1/2 hour of your life waiting for a customer service rep to answer) when I finally did get someone on the line, they admitted that the order was not complete and could not give me any timeframe whatsoever as to when my items would be shipped (they did not have them in stock and had no idea when they would receive the washer and dryer). I cancelled my order on June 29, 2017. On July 12th I emailed customer service because I still had not received the credit to my credit card. That afternoon I was "promised" that the credit would be posted within 48 hours. Eight days later and still nothing. I am now going to sue in small claims court. I strongly encourage you to think long and hard before you do business with this company!!!

• Do
      Jul 22, 2011
    HomeEverything.com - Failure To Deliver or Refund
    homeeverything.com

DO NOT ORDER FROM HOMEEVERYTHING.COM! I ordered an appliance June 1, 2017. They promised delivery in a week. When they missed the delivery I called and was told the model had been discontinued the previous day. (But they were supposed to be delivering it to my door the day it was "discontinued.") They promised delivery the next week. That didn't happen. I called - waited on hold for 15 minutes, as always - and they promised delivery in three days. That didn't happen. I called, waited, and again was promised delivery in two days. That didn't happen. So I called, waited, and cancelled the order. I was promised confirmation and an immediate refund. Neither happened. I sent an e-mail and received a confirmation of the order being cancelled. Three weeks later I called (waited) and was told they had no idea why they had not processed the refund, but that they would immediately. This time I was sent an e-mail that confirmed the refund, not just the cancellation. But four days later, my credit card has not been refunded. I have now filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. (Of course another complaint on this site quotes one of Homeeverything.com's reps saying to her, "Say Hi to the BBB for me.") I have read that it is illegal to charge a customer's credit card before the item is shipped and when I asked the supervisor at Homeeverything.com he said, "When we charged your card we had every intention of shipping your item." Not the same thing. BE WARNED! These people claim to have all sorts of items they don't have (I ordered an appliance that no one else had in stock), take your money, and then repeatedly lie about their ability to deliver the product while holding on to your money. When you request a refund they make more false promises and keep your money while you are forced to repeatedly contact them and be told more falsehoods. So far they have had my $1, 000 for two months, done nothing but lie to me, I have spent hours on the phone and e-mailing them, and I STILL DON'T HAVE A REFUND! Judging by what I've seen here, I may never get one. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS FRUSTRATION! BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Al
      Aug 18, 2011

I'm having a similar experience. I bought a grill on 7-20-2017 and my credit card was charged that day. It is now 8/17 and I'm still waiting for the item. Just tried to call and waited 15 minutes with no answer. I've received several emails from them. Each time they indicate a later delivery date.

• Do
      Aug 18, 2011

I got a refund after filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They e-mailed the company and suddenly HomeEverything was able to actually follow through and issue a refund. Their phone representatives will make up anything to delay getting you to cancel an order and to delay refunding the money they have charged you. Skip the frustration of listening to their excuses. File a complaint with the BBB. It's easy to do online and put an end to two months of waiting and wasting my time.

• Ta
      Oct 10, 2011

I have been waiting patiently for about 2 months now for a surprise present to my son-in law of a new barbeque. First it was:"will ship by the 27th of August and arrive by Sept. 5th...Then it was : Still don't have a complete truck load and this is how we save you on the shipping costs" Sept. 17th told that trouble with the freight carrier has caused a further delay. Latest excuse is that the Weber unit I had picked out and has been sitting on their loading dock, has now been discovered to be damaged and has been returned to Weber for a replacement. "Please wait another 10 days and we will fast freight it to you ...not our regular shipping company" (that would be via slow boat) They charged my purchase back on August 27th after the sales person told me it would NOT be charged until it shipped. This was reversed by first customer service person I spoke with who told me they had to be sure they had payment before they processed the order. They did not accept American Express. I am assuming because Amex is very good at handling "charletons" like these guys. I am going to wait until this coming Thursday, October 13th, to see if order has finally been sent; if not I am going to ask my credit card company to get back my money for fraud and false pretenses. I can't imagine Home Everything will have a leg to stand on. In spite of the "no tax and no shipping costs" I wish I had paid the greater amount from a different vendor and had my gift to my daughter's family arrive in a timely manner without the angst & drama of these Coney Island shysters. T. Anthony/ Massachusetts

• Bu
      Nov 16, 2011
    HomeEverything.com - I would encourage others to avoid them like the plague
    homeeverything.com

On 10/9/2017 I ordered a new Washing Machine. I had shopped several sites and this one had the best price. I had called or chatted with every site I visited EXCEPT this one. My Bad!

After a couple of days, I logged in to check the status of my order, no status - so I called and was told by a live person that it takes 3 -4 weeks for an item to ship! Everyone else was 7 - 10 days.

I patiently waited - while listening to the wife complain about the laundromat. Finally, on 11/8/2017 I again called and again spoke to a live person, who assured me he understood my frustration and he needed to check with his supervisor. He came back on the phone to guarantee me I would have my washer by Friday the 11th or at the absolute latest, Monday the 14th.

On 11/10/2017 I noticed that my checkbook had more money than it should have and sure enough, home everything had done a refund. That is why they got one star. FAST FORWARD TO 11/14/2017 AND MY ACCOUNT IS NOW OVERDRAWN BECAUSE THE [censored] WITHDREW THE $758.19 AGAIN. I THOUGHT IT WAS ODD OVER THE WEEKEND THAT I GOT AN E-MAIL FROM THEM TELLING ME THAT I SHOULD BE RECEIVING A REFUND (THAT I HAD ALREADY RECEIVED 2 DAYS PRIOR) BUT I DIDN'T THINK MUCH MORE ABOUT IT. THEIR E-MAIL SAID IF I DIDN'T GET IT WITHIN A WEEK TO 10 DAYS, I SHOULD INITIATE A CHARGEBACK. DID I THINK TO RETAIN THE E-MAIL, NOPE, I HAD MY MONEY SO I DUMPED THE E-MAIL. I AM SURE THE ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR NYS WOULD HAVE LIKE A COPY OF THAT! I WANT TO TAKE AWAY MY 1 STAR!!!

I called another company and learned from their live person that the washer I ordered was on National Back-order from the manufacturer and had been for some time. They too did not have one in stock. He offered a slightly more expensive model but I chose to continue to shop and then Home Depot sent me an e-mail with their Black Friday Specials.

I got a better machine for less. I ordered it yesterday from their web site and it will be delivered on Tuesday 11/15/2017 - they called me today to confirm! I won't do business with Home Everything again and I would encourage others to avoid them like the plague!

All they had to do to make me a Happy Customer was tell me up-front in one of the several marketing e-mails or when I spoke to them that the washer was on back-order and I would have understood. They didn't, I spent over $100 taking clothes to the laundromat for the month that I waited and the best they could offer was "sorry".

• Gh
      May 19, 2012

The company was not at fault, it was the person you spoke to who got it wrong or the FACTORY did. There is nothing "illegal" about a shipping delay or glitch, in fact, legally, mail order firms have 8 weeks to ship, just because you needed it for your wealthy behind's yacht for a trip is not the company's problem or fault! The comapny was nothing more than a drop shipper- the appliances have to be shipped from the FACTORY or the factory's distributor, homeverything was just an order taker.