Homecomings Financial's Mortgage / Predatory lender!

1 Waterloo, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-2062901

COMPLAINTS vs predatory Homecomings Financial. Predatory Lenders which cause a loss of my property, despite my request in many times to arrange their loans to an affordable payment. Requests were sent in delivery confirmation, but never Homecomings are willing to help resolve the hardship in the recession time. Property Income $4200/mo but mortgages payment to homecomings exceeds $4500/mo... this obligates me to have debts to pay their interests.

Now we can't pay home-insurance (which expires) and soon the property taxes on April10, 2008, despite my declaration to the county assessor office... that we have no money saved for property taxes and insurance, all efforts are made. Recently we have received a Default letters from Homecomings that state that "the default will not be cured if funds tendered are not honored" "Acceptance of any funds less than due shall not constitute a waiver"

Because of this, we will let them foreclose and accept the losses, despite our willingness to save, by asking a loan arrangement that must be affordable. HOMECOMINGS have a deaf ears, and keep harassing for payments everyday, and calling me everywhere especially in the workplace to pay their interests mortgages in lumpsum.

Sincerely,
They are NOT a good lender helping resolve the problem, but only Predator.

Comments

• Ki
      22nd of Oct, 2007
    Homecomings Mortgage - Fraudulent mortgage practices

I am from Minnesota and stand to loose my home because of the fraudulent acts of Homecomings financial. I want to know if there anyone out there that is also in Minnesota that would like to join a class action suit with us...

Kim

• Me
      19th of Mar, 2008

This company needs to be shown and taught that they CANNOT treat us this way. Not only that but it's about time we all stood up for ourselves and saught help in addition to getting our lives back to the way they were.

I have GMAC for both Mortgage AND they are the Lender for my two vehicles. How lucky can I get, YA RIGHT!
    LONG story cut Really short and to the point.

I WAS not late on my payments for the cars, they illegally repossed BOTH vehicles in the night on Sept. 11th, 2007. What a date to pick, I'm so disturbed by everything. I got the run around for months, I was promised my cars back 9 different times and THE pink slip, they ADMITTED that they were in breach of contract. I kept calling, receiving empty promies, week after week I was calling, didn't know where my cars were and they would tell me. Wen they first repossed the cars, I was told to pay 6k by wire to them or they would sell my cars. I got scared and sent it. Mortgage becomes due and guess what? One of the vehichles Illegally Stolen/ repo d was my husbands WORK truck, he is a Florring contractor and that truck was everything. No work for him means, him, myself and 4 yr old are to live off of my SSD, 900 a month, YA right!!! I call mortgage, they give the SAME crap. Ill pass months, I borrowed money to pay the mortgage, they refused my payments, kept saying they would call me with a payment plan. Never happened. A few weeks ago, the new owers or so called people who supposidly bough my house WITH OUT me even knowing about it, without ANY notification at all from Gmac they sold my house at the auction. The people put a freaking 3 day evection notice on my door. Feels like a dream. These people were snooping around the outside of the house, in the backyard. They had an attorney write and threaten me to leave. But at the SAME time I am still waiting to make the payment plan GMAC promised, I just recieved a few letters from GMAC like nothing is wrong, asking about my insurance, Making sure I am insured till next year, etc. Oh so 2 weeks ago I recieve notice from them that they sold my SUV at an auction. today I got a letter that the other truck was sold and I owe on this one almost 9k they claim. All our personal items giving to goodwill. car seats, eveything. I feel like I am in a dream, well more like a nightmare. Oh and another thing BOTH vehicles were already released to me, GMAC sent the releases to the place where my cars were to release to me and only me. So the release were stillin my name, and they sold my cars??? Ya, they are out of it big time. Please email me, there's more but I want to hear you story, anyone out there.. PLEASE we NEED to be comfortable again. Lets talk!!

Thanks to everyone for reading! LOL.

• Ka
      31st of Mar, 2008

I so agree that homecomings is among the worst!! We defaulted a few years ago and tried to set up payment arrangements. They refused to set up new payments saying that spending $120/week on food for a family of five was excessive. But that $120 included lunches for the kids and my husband who all "brown bag it." Now we get a daily automated call from them if they haven't recieved our payment. so sad.

• Ro
      1st of Apr, 2008

I have to agree with all of the above! Homecomings is a terrible mortgage company they lost $7000.00 of certified funds sent to them from me. They constantly ignore certified letters sent to them, they are vage and ignorant when you talk to them, they have absolutely no customer service!!! They will deny and lie about letters sent to them even when they have been signed for. People rag on the IRS and such, but itleast the IRS will help you and be honest with you. Mortgage companies today they quickly want to put you in default add numerous charges so you cant get out of default. Then try to take your property that you have struggled and worked so hard for! What a sick and dis-placed economy we live in today! "The American Dream of owning a home"! I think not! Who is watching over these companies, who holds them accountable? Answers--PLEASE!

• Ke
      27th of May, 2008

I am sorry for those that are having so much trouble with GMAC. I too have discovered that I have been blindsided. I also was prompted to go back to GMAC because I had financed two autos with them in the past. So when my bank offered me a 5.25% loan I thought I would shop and compare. I told GMAC that my bank had offered the 5.25%, they said OK no problem we will match that. So I excepted there offer. I had originally purchased the house from the original owner which they carried the contract for 7 years, with never a late payment. Back to GMAC when ever I would call GMAC to speak to the originating loan officer I was given excuse why the person was not available. So I went in to find out what was going on. I was told every thing was moving forward. After 4 days I was told to go to another office to sign the finale papers assuming every thing was as originally agreed. Then I get a contract in the mail that they sold the contract to one of their subsidiaries with a rate of 7.125% Then I am given the option of GMAC HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL ACCELERATOR PROGRAM, which gives a term reduction of 6 years. Which equates to$66, 492 more than the bank had offered. NO RESPONSE from GMAC. In my early days operation of a good business was to have a high level of character, honesty, and morality, putting the consumer first. They wanted you to tell others about who you were doing business with. Not into todays market they go on the theory volume will be their goal. Let us spread the word

• La
      11th of Jul, 2008
    Homecomings Financial's Mortgage - Help in re-payment plan but noticing fees on my statement
    Homecomings Financial's Mortgage
    www.homecomings.com

After coming to this page, I realize my repayments efforts may go in vain. After all my credit report continues to show that I am three months late and I see inspection fees on my statements. What is really going on? If I foreclose what will my future be like as far as getting another place to live? This is becoming to be too much, there are many days I just want to walk away from it all!!! I'm sick of being stressed, I'm sick of paying for a home that's worth less than what I'm paying for. BTW, my loan was also sold to HC and it has been *** for me since.

• Re
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

• Ro
      20th of Nov, 2008

very aggressive, aggrevating company. They definately have a deaf ear to their customers needs. They are unwilling to help at all, it seems like they perfer you to go int forclouser on your property. Something must be done to this company does anyone have any suggestions? My family is constantly harrasted by the company.

• Ta
      19th of Feb, 2009

I AM HAVING THE SAME TROUBLE WITH GMAC I HAD MY HOME APPRAISED MYSELF AND IT IS NO WAY NEER WHAT GMAC SAYS WE OWE. MY MORTGAGE DOUBLES JUST IN THE LAST YEAR EVEN THOUGH WE WERE TOLD IT WILL GO DOWN IN A YEAR. WE TRIED WORK OUTS AND WERE TOLD THAT WE JUST CAN'T AFFORD THE HOUSE, AFTER LIVING HERE AND MAKING PAYMENTS TO ANITHER COMPANY FOR 11YRS. NOW THANKS TO GMAC I WILL BE LOOSING THE ONLY HOME MY SON HAS EVER KNOWN AND THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TO UNLOAD THIS BURDER AND KNOW I AM NOT ALONE BUT WHAT CAN WE DO

• Ta
      19th of Feb, 2009

THERE ATTITUDE PEOPLE IS VERY AGRESSIVE AND UNFORGIVING HELP US GOD AND HELP US OBAMA

• To
      29th of Apr, 2009

Countrywide mortgage are sick preditor's''Four years ago I borrowed $65, 000 against my house that was paid for! I bought a fixer upper to buy and sell Countrywide filled repo on my existing home after only three months of late and non-payment so I emidiatly reduced the price of the fixer upper to sell fast The day of closing we called countrywide for the pay off balance and send them the check right after we closed for the amount in question. One month latter there calling to ask where our house payment was ..and then said they were not paid off because of there foreclosure attorney fees were not added to the balance in which I would have paid if I had only known so then they lead us down a four to six month time fram of us calling and getting someone different everytime finially they shoved us into a loan modificationn deal and say we owe $16, 000 more than the actual pay off they qouted us, this is madness..I even went to get cheaper fianancing to pay this off And they want to add an addtioanl $2, 700 for prepayment fee's please dear GOD somebody help..