HomeComings FinancialScam artists

1 Review updated:

Anyone who has had a Repayment Agreement with Homecomings Financial who would like to be involved in a class action please e-mail This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it or go to Sprenger & Lang web site in Minneapolis Minnesota and look at their pending class action suit. They have a lawsuit that is for several reasons check it and see where you fit in.

This company has put way to many people out on the street because of there deceptive business practices they give predatory lending its name that is for sure. Please feel free to email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it if you had a repayment agreement with them that they did not fulfill.

Comments

• Na
      Mar 02, 2007

Homecomings Financial admits its customers have false 120+ days late reports with equifax but it is up to each individual customer to discover this and correct it through homecomings. meanwhile your credit score is wrecked! if they have your mortgage PLEASE check this out!! All the false reports have been inserted as occurring over 2 years ago so research accordingly.

• Me
      May 24, 2007
    HomeComings Financial - Offer acceptance problem

I have occupied this property for quite some time and was in the process of purchasing it; however, my loan did not get approved before the commissioner sale. By that date august 22,2017, i was the only person to bid on the house other than the attorney for the bank. Everyone at homecomings was willing to accept my offer until recently, which they say is due to not having a second evaluation and they want me to be evicted, just to turn around and buy it anyway. This is bull! There is no reason for me to have to be evicted for someone to do an evaluation of the home. My offer is a very fair offer considering that the house needs about $30,000.00 worth of work done to it. If anyone can help me get this taken care of i would greatly appreciate it. Like i said i have already been living there for well over a year and they are now wanting me to be evicted for no good reason.

Aug 28, 2007

My sister is having a MAJOR problem with Homecomings Financial a Company of GMAC... They have her SS# wrong in there system and will not send her any statements by mail... they can not even give her a correct account number due to there computer error... she has been making payments to Homecomings for 12 months now and they show 11 payments made. They are messing up her credit... and bank account... they informed her that they show several months as being late and that it may have been reported to the credit bureau... when she mails the check in on time!!! she was asked to double pay to "catch up" according to what Homecomings says...they have requested for her stop payment on the check that was mailed... pay by phone with a 12.00 phone fee and late fee... then the check that was already mailed out was cashed by HOMECOMINGS!!! Then her bank account went negative and she has and continues to pay MAJOR money because they can not get it together!!! Someone please respond!!! My sister has 5 kids and no time to deal with this mess!!! Buying a home is suppose to be "THE AMERICAN DREAM" right? Class Action Anyone???

Sincerely,

A sister and Aunt who loves to know my nieces and nephews have food to eat and a bed to lay in a home to stay!!!

• Ke
      Sep 05, 2007
    HomeComings Financial - Rip off mortgage company!

This company bought our small second mortgage from our bank without notifying us, and canceled our automatic payment plan without informing us. Of course, not knowing they had our mortgage, we sent them no money as we did not even know they existed! They then reported us as delinquent! The ruined credit resulted in our being turned down for a college loan for our son, and required us to cash in an IRA to pay for that and pay subsequent penalties. Homecoming Financial then had the gall to ask us to pay them $123 in various fees they assessed because THEY canceled our automatic payment plan and did not tell us they held our mortgage! Their customer service, collections and loss mitigation departments were USELESS after HOURS on the phone. We are now preparing to sue them for ruining our credit and extorting extra payments without basis. If this ripoff company has bought your mortgage, I suggest you move heaven and earth to pay it off or switch it to someone else. They are a company from hell. It seems they want you to default so they can charge you fees and hopefully steal your house. The employees themselves are not to blame; they are just incompetent and have a management that is not interested in customers or them -- only in taking as much of your money as they can get away with.

• Az
      Oct 25, 2007
    HomeComings Financial - False Credit Reporting

Homecomings Financial's customer service does not serve the interest of the consumer. I fought serveral month to get from under a l6% interest rate and a $1900. I wrote GMAC Chief Executive Officer. He shifted me to an account executive. They did not hear anything I had to say. I was stuck with exorbant rates. My adjustable rate began to climb. My fixed retire income check was not enough to keep up. I fell behind, they began foreclosure procedures and placed foreclosure started on my credit file. I was able to bail out by finding a company who refinance my loan. My credit file reports a zero balance but the foreclosure started remains. I have requested that they remove the derrogatory item. They refuse. This type of credit history sinks my FICO score and prevents me from getting good credit rates. Homecomings is difficult and refused to assist the consumer. They know that the adjustable rate mortgages do not serve the long range interest of the consumer. Yet they persist in raking the consumer across the hot coals.

• Az
      Dec 12, 2007
    HomeComings Financial - Misleading Credit History

Homecomings Financial is a predator mortgage lending company. They misled uneducated borrowers into adjustable rate mortgages. Rates & mortgage payments esculated and borrowers begin losing their homes. Unfavorable credit history is reported, errors and misleading credit items are reported to the three major credit bureaus. Homecomings' policies force foreclosures, bad credit history and they won't cooperate with the distressed borrower to help clear up bad credit history. Question: Has anyone had any filing success with class action a law suit against Homecomings Financial, Dallas, Texas?

• Lk
      Dec 12, 2007
    HomeComings Financial - Homecomings Financial tactics just short of legalized EXTORSION
    Amherst
    New Hampshire
    Phone: [protected]

I am a New Hampshire native who lives in the Town of Amherst with my family. The company I worked for filed Chapter 11 and I lost my job after close to eight years of employment. Right around the same time, we celebrated the birth of a new child, and with the high cost of adequate daycare, we agreed that it was probably financially better to be a stay-at-home mom. Unfortunately, that decision came with a price and my husband and I fell behind in our mortgage payments with Homecomings Financial.

Our nightmare with Homecomings Financial started when my husband was instructed to Western Union our mortgage payment to prevent foreclosure. Even though it was within the deadline, Homecomings Financial denied accepting the cash transfer and we received notification that they were beginning foreclosure proceedings. My husband has spoken with our lender on numerous occasions, but they are simply unwilling to work with us on a reasonable solution. Not only are they going to foreclose on our home, but they told us we would also be responsible for astronomical attorneys’ fees. If Homecomings had only accepted our payment we would not be in such a discouraging position.

In order to catch up financially, I cashed in my IRA and had the full amount to pay our delinquent mortgage payments. My husband spoken with Harmon Law Office in Newton Massachusetts, the attorney representing Homecomings, to dispute the foreclosure on our home. He was instructed to fax a time-line of events and conversations he had with Homecomings leading up to the foreclosure notice and that they would hold off on the foreclosure as they investigated our case. We received a statement in the mail weeks later with our delinquent mortgage amount and attorneys’ fees to reinstate our account. My husband forwarded a bank check with the exact amount specified in the reinstatement letter for the sum of $20,128.27. The check was returned because the settlement fee increased to $21,009.11 and a foreclosure sale date of December 28, 2017 was scheduled. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Our new reinstatement fee has increased to over $25,000 at this point due to late charges and ridiculous attorney’s fees!

We pay a significant amount monthly for PMI, and my fear is that Homecomings would prefer to collect the insurance rather than work to help my family and I keep our home. I find this very disheartening… especially since we had the money to bring our payments up-to-date. To make matters more unbelievable, Homecomings just raised our interest rate to the tune of an additional $477 a month!!!! Even more interesting is the fact that we now owe MORE money on our loan after paying principle and interest for over two years!! My husband called Homecomings for the explanation and the answer he got was ‘I can’t discuss this with you, sir’!! The representative would not explain where our money has been applied since we purchased our home.

We are aware of the financial trouble of many US citizens in situations similar to ours and the alarming number of foreclosures in this country. The government has finally started cracking down on mortgage lenders to help families re-finance to get better and more manageable fixed rates. Is Homecomings above this legislation?? They refuse to negotiate any resolution with us other than raising our interest rate and turning their backs on us. Why are they allowed to continue with their unfair and unethical business practices?? This is nothing short of legalized extortion! We are hardworking, law abiding, tax paying citizens and deserve more respect and dignity than we’ve received from Homecomings Financial!

A prominent attorney in my area has agreed to look into our situation. He plans to send letters to the Better Business Bureau, the Banking Commission, and the Attorney General on our behalf. My hope is that the government will step in and prevent Homecomings Financial and their money grubbing lawyers at Harmon Law Office from taking away our home and end the cruel practices of this corrupt and shameless company.

L. Kuscher
    Amherst, NH 03031

• Ti
      Dec 13, 2007

Omg! I am in the same situation. Today [protected]) I had the biggest problem with them. I won't bore you with details but in short, my payment wasn't posted. The rep told me it had to do with my bank so i called, with them on the phone. My banking rep couldn't believe what she was hearing. A lot of putting us on hold, silence when asked questions and out of excuses for trying to blame the bank. They have assessed fees from hell to my account telling me there's nothing they can do about them. My trouble started when i was laid off after 19yrs. on my job. One late payment is all they wanted. Shot my interest rate as high as they legally could and was constantly trying to dig into my finances. On several occasions they offered "help" by sending my some financial packet that i told them i didn't need once i was back to work. I'm sure that if I had completed it and sent it back, my home would have went to forclosure. These people are crooks for real. EVERYTIME i call, i get a person with a foreign dialect that can't help me and keeps me on hold. Now that they're taking all my money with this crazy interest rate, it's hard as hell to get away from them by re-financing. I'm determined, they will not get my home. Anyone dealing with this company should run for the hills and find a FAIR lender to take on your mortgage. Even if there are fees involved. It will be worth it.

• Ti
      Dec 13, 2007

Homecomings has pretty much taken a lot of money from me and dogged me out. I have been hit with fees from every which way and they refuse to negotiate anything other than when you will pay what they ask. They have failed to report my payments as on time saying i never made it. They purposely will destroy your credit so you can't re-finance and eventually lose your home to them. These are unethical ### of the worst kind! Please let me know if there is a suit going on regarding unjust fees and interest rate increases.

• Er
      Dec 13, 2007

I am assuming you have crappy credit, got a crappy loan with plans of refi'ing into a fixed rate once your credit got better. Maybe you should have waited until you have good credit to get a "GOOD" so you wouldnt be in the situtation you are in now!!! NOBODY TO BLAME BUT YOURSEL[censored]

• Er
      Dec 13, 2007

Well how about this: get good credit and you can possibly get a loan where the interest rate will stay the same for your whole loan its called a fixed rate loan, also they can only adjust your intrest rate to the guidelines that YOU sighned on your mortgage note, Thats called an adjustable rate note and im sure you got that wonderful adjustable rate note either because your credit is pretty crappy or you couldnt prove your income for a house that you couldnt afford and shazam your in the wonderful situation you are in now!!! DONT BE MAD AT THE COMPANY BE MAD AT YOURSELF!!

•   Jan 04, 2008
    HomeComings Financial - Rip off!
    Dallas
    Texas
    www.homecomings.com

My original mortgage was sold to Homecomings Financial two years ago. Although I did agree to a two year fixed rate with the third year changing to an adjustable, at the time it was my only option in order to purchase my home. I was led to believe that at the third year I could re-finance and get back into an adjustable rate. We wanted to get out early but would have had to pay a 20% prepayment penalty Ridiculous!! Because of this horrible housing market we can't even sell the house for what the mortgage is worth, refinancing has been a no go.

Apparently, making payments on time for over two years doesn't count for anything. Thinking my current mortgage company would be willing to help, seeing as they are getting my money on time every month, And still every month I talk to customer service at the company. But No, Homecomings Financial will not help. My rate is higher than I can afford. And the past three months it has gone up $300 a month and payments are now $2500 a month and still will be rising every month. And thats only are first mortgage. Yet the company can not work with me to give me a fixed rate unless I refinance. Yet I was turned down for refinancing.

I truly believe they want and are just waiting to foreclose on us. Each time I spoke with the company, it was with a different person, who had to be updated on all the circumstances of the loan. we asked for a modification of our loan so our house payment would be affordable. We filled out all the paperwork and mailed it right away. Again we heard nothing from them. Weeks went by and after being on hold for over an hour my wife finally got to talk with someone. She asked about are paperwork and the rep told her they threw it out. Threw it out she said why? Well you don't qualify they said. She asked about how president Bush, she thought put a plan into affect to help people in are situation out. Again the rep said we don't qualify for help.

If we don't qualify for help then what kind of help are they offering? Help to people who have great credit and can easily refinance ? Well why do they need help in the first place??? WE send billions of dollars over seas to fight a war and billions of dollars in food aid and other supplies to other countries. Yet we as hard working Americans trying to live the American dream of getting married buying a house and starting a family are getting are money stolen from us. With no relief help from are great united states government.

How in this day and age does a company like homecomings get away with this? We have spent well over $50,000 just in interest over the past two years to homecomings. And not a drop of equity has went into are home. Are eggs nest is gone along with my daughters collage fund and all are savings! We should have stayed in our apartment! Its like we don't even own a house we have this horrible landlord {Homecomings} who demands more and more every month. I bet they would take are souls if they could.

The government needs to step in and freeze are rates back to are teaser rates. Look at are economy its horrible and a huge part of that is this mortgage crisis. We were young and dumb and were victims of predatory lending practices and now are lives and are child life is being striped of all hope. Are future looks bleak and I'm starting to be very great full to the family member who got us the five man tent for are engagement party. Looks like thats where will be staying in a few month !

The feeling of having no control over your situation with these people is dreadful. They are this multi billion dollar company who has the power it seems to do whatever they want. And us poor people can't do a darn thing about it. Homecomings bleeds you dry and sweeps the ashes under the rug.

• Ze
      Feb 01, 2008
    HomeComings Financial - needless foreclosure
    North Carolina

I live in North Carolina, and have a home through homecomings. On November 31, 07 homecomings sent back my October and November payments. The very next day an officer showed up at my house with foreclosure papers. I had never recieved anything stating that there was any problem with my account. So after getting the foreclosure papers I called homecomings they said that they never recieved payment in the months of August and September, I informed them that there must be a mistake because I have reciepts from the wire transfers where the money was sent, they claimed that they never got any money, when i asked to speak to someone higher on the chain I was "accidently" hung up on. After many more similar calls to them, i gave up talking to them. On Jan 03, 08 we went to court for the foreclosure hearing and after showing all our reciepts of payment the clerk continued the case til Feb. so we could try to sort everything out. I have called many lawyers and no one seems to want to help us. In a few days we time will be up and homecomings will take our house. I work hard I pay my bills and I'm getting screwed, if anyone has any advice please email me.

• Ju
      Feb 21, 2008

Eric Lopez - comment~ shame on you.

Life happens we are people not damn credit scores. Whats wrong with this whole situation is the damn credit scoring IN THE FIRST PLACE is being used like is some bulletproof no defaulting borrower is gold! Guess what your full of Sh****;

Credit scoring is a tool, a computerized credit model not to take place of a real underwriter but a tool. This MORTGAGE mess is majority In my opinion, a case of people with GREAT Credit scores (at first that is) wanting a house they can't afford at a time, no one really could afford a house but needed to get in or they would never ever be able to get their foot in the door to own a home especially in my state of California ;which by the way has been the hardest hit.

Because the lenders looked at the score and not the whole picture and allowed "stated income" to be used. Guess what? a lot of mortgage loan officers determined your income based on what was necessary to qualify. Underwriters knew the liar loans from the other legitimate stated income loans but were instructed to keep pushing them through.

There as been always borrowers with credit issues through out time. Credit challenged borrowers always paid extra because of this. This is not a case of sub prime borrowers causing this crisis but SUBPRIME MORTGAGE LENDERS AND TO TOP IT OFF they refuse to work with the defaulted borrowers even when its in the best interest of all partiesinvolved; The lender, the borrower, the neighborhood, the tax collector, othe homeowners and the economy and you sound like that dumb ### "C" average creep in office.

Most the time the borrowers were not aware of what was being used. Some would have qualified using traditional verification of income but there were inexperienced loan officers who wanted to close the deal fast to get paid.

These sub prime loans were easier to close than the traditional fixed rate loans and so many borrowers were steered toward these adjustable rates.

Now with declining markets, unemployment and rate changes the defaults effects everyone.

you need to get your head out of yours and step down from that pedestal you have made for yourself.

We need resolution for those homeowners who want to pay what they owe but want a temporary agreement to stay in their homes. If a resolution can not be made or the owners cannot qualify to make the modified payment then the lenders need to provide clear concise explanation of denial in a written format. They are currently stringing borrowers alone with false hope or wild goose chase. OR PUSHING FOR HOMEOWNERS FOR A SHORT SALE JUST TO GET THE "BAD" LOANS OFF THEIR BOOKS. This further puts a strain on everyone one else trying to refinance to pay the existing loans in full.

If you haven't walked in these struggling owners shoes you have no right to sit on your high horse and judge.

We will see who you blame when all your neighbor move out of their homes and you are the only occupant on your street. Then you will scramble like the other close minded individuals in office. Until it hits your pocket book its someone elses problem.

Best of luck Mr. A1 credit. You are no better than anyone else due to some FICO SCORE... GET A HEART !

• Ka
      Mar 22, 2008

I also had a teaser rate with a promise to refinance, my payments have trippled ARM! they won't refinance because i owe to much. I have paid dearly in intrest the past few years, nothing on principal. Just hoping for a solution of somekind.pmts just keep rising. I live in a doublewide mobile home, all I wanted was a place to live not debt the rest of my life with these people.are there any laws against these people?

Apr 26, 2008
    HomeComings Financial - An Established Pattern of Abuse by Homecomings Financial
    Arizona

system. Billing information is inaccurate or out of date and any
    attempt I make to bring my account current is counteracted by
    such tactics as delaying or reversing payments, applying them
    retroactively to cover those they've delayed or reversed and
    refusing payments that would cure the default.

Also well documented are my repeated attempts to get assistance
    through their fictitious Loss Mitigation process- a calculated series
    of roadblocks erected to create a paper trail for the company while keeping me from recourse by making it appear as if I'm unresponsive to their contrived outreach efforts. CASE IN POINT:

They continually send letters requesting that I call to discuss my

that a company would victimize it's customers so ruthlessly, the
    facts speak for themselves. There are hundreds of complaints on
    the internet and in the courts from similarly situated individuals
    who's experiences establish a pattern of abuse by Homecomings
    that insures the company's profits at the expense of the borrower.

I have filed complaints with the FTC, the Attorney General, the BBB and various other regulatory agencies and I urge anyone who has, or suspects they have been victimized by this company to follow suit. I don't know if we can save our homes but perhaps we can prevent further harm by demanding that Homecomings take
    responsibility for their devastating actions and address the situation appropriately.

Apr 26, 2008

system. Billing information is inaccurate or out of date and any
    attempt I make to bring my account current is counteracted by
    such tactics as delaying or reversing payments, applying them
    retroactively to cover those they've delayed or reversed and
    refusing payments that would cure the default.

Also well documented are my repeated attempts to get assistance

that a company would victimize it's customers so ruthlessly, the
    facts speak for themselves. There are hundreds of complaints on
    the internet and in the courts from similarly situated individuals
    who's experiences establish a pattern of abuse by Homecomings
    that insures the company's profits at the expense of the borrower.

•   May 21, 2008
    HomeComings Financial - They do not care
    www.hfwholesale.com

About a year and a half ago, I had some family issue and fell behind one month with my mortgage payment. At that time I called and told them that I had a problem and was asking if they could put that payment in the back so it would not continue to show on my credit report as a late payment. Every time I call all they can tell me you need to cut back on you expenses. What expenses I ask? My expenses consist of necessity, food, utilities, and childcare (excluding cable, telephone and internet). I told them that I don't spend my money on anything expect the things I need. I don't have cable or any of that luxury. The rep then said you should put the property up for sale or call us back when you can make the payment. As I said I have been trying for over a year and my credit is ruined with late payments all because of that one month. Since that time, I have never missed a payment since.

I just cannot believe that they are so unwilling to help all they are interest in is collecting the money and really don't care about any situation that may prevent someone from making mortgage payment.

• Pi
      May 23, 2008
    HomeComings Financial - Horrible company
    2711 North Haskell Avenue
    Dallas
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]

I really do not know were to start with my complaint their is so much to be said about Homecomings!!! I know for sure that I would never recommend anyone to use this company for a home loan or any other loan for that matter. I have had a loan paid off with this company for the last two in a half years and still it has been nothing but a nightmare that is never ending. I have not been able to get them to list the correct comments on my credit report or get them to give me the proper information that's needed so that I can have the credit reports fixed myself. This company scams hardworking, honest people right out of their homes messing their credit, lives and so many other things. I can not believe that companies are allowed to do such things to people and get away with it. They never return your phone call nor do they respond to faxes or emails for that matter. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN and we all need to get money back that was loss from Homecomings Financial. HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL SUCKS.

PISSED OFF CONSUMER

Jun 09, 2008

My Husband and I have been in this situation for approximately 4 years now. This is the first home that we have ever bought and prior to our first payment on the home our loan was sold to Homecomings Financial. We have been in Foreclosure before and got out of it by paying through our ### but thats okay i have kept all paper work and phone recordings that have anything to do with our account at Homecomings and we will soon be contacting an attorney and Homecomings is going to wish they would have never bought our loan. They have done alot of things that are against the federal housing practice laws and they have refused my payments on more than one occasion, not to mention the ### we went through after Hurricane Katrina, thats right folks not even the worst natural disaster in this countries history stopped Homecomings from shoving their foot up our ###, we have the problem with the stuff on our credit, not too worry people we need to band together and finally take care of these scam artists because if we don't no one will, if there is already a law suit started in another state (I AM IN LOUISIANA)please email me and i will add my name to the list for the lawsuit. WE NEED TO SCREW HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL JUST LIKE THEY HAVE SCREWED ALL OF US.

•   Jun 26, 2008
    HomeComings Financial - Good for nothing
    www.homecomings.com

They are crooks! Once you give them money you'll never see it again. They are the worst I've ever had to deal with. When you call they seldom answer, and the few times they do - you get lied to or they give you the run around. They are unethical, rude and impossible to deal with. They need to be stopped. I highly encourage for everyone to take them to court or whatever it takes so that others wont get scammed by these *******! That’s what I'm doing. I hope others do the same. We need to send a message.

Jul 08, 2008

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at [protected] and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://www.onlybusiness.com/members/RealtyMediationService...and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

• Ap
      Aug 12, 2008
    HomeComings Financial - Not willing to work with you
    HomeComings Financial a GMAC Company
    California

I lost my job in April 2017 (I was in the mortgage industry) I have been on unemployment since May. I have been juggling my money around to pay different bills each month, my mortages being part of that. When I fell behind with Homecomings (because they wouldnt put me on a payment plan like my other mortgage company did) they refused to take any money from me unless I had half of what was delinquent. They told me to borrower money from someone to get my payments current. I told them I couldnt my family and/or friends were not "well off" to do that. I offered them a "partial payment" (as they called it) one week and then two weeks later another "partial Payment" and they refused both. Had they taken both, I would be almost caught up to them. They are completely impossible to work with. They are my 2nd mortgage on my property yet they have threatened to foreclose on me and havent even made contact with the 1st mortgage to get them to cure the payment, like they are required too...they practice their own forms of the law and screw people out of their homes. Rather than taking some money and being understanding and helping people, they would rather refuse the money and take your home back!!!

Aug 12, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at [protected] and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://RealtyMediationService.onlybusiness.com
    and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

Oct 03, 2008

I have a complaint I believe tops all complaints when it comes to Homecomings financial mortgage Company. In 2017, this company in cooperation with Once Source Mortgage (One Source Mortgage and Homecomings Mortgage is one and the same), conspired against my elderly mother by entering her home and negotiating with her for a loan on her home. My mother had been diagnosed with dementia and altzheimer and was not capable of making any type of financial decisions. Although they did not know that she had been diagnosed with these ailments, they should have known because at that particular time, my mother could not remember from one minute to the next anything that anyone would explain to her. While negotiating this deal with her, I am sure at some point this became evident to them because at that time, my mother was of the frame of mine to ask the same questions repeatedly. Some how, they were able to get her to sign papers, hence locking her into a mortgage she could not afford. My mother lived on a fixed social security income and only received enough to barely survive. At the time all of this happened, I was living in California where my family and I had resided since I retired from the Air Force. The task of looking after my mother had been left to my sibling, an adult who resided in Florida with my mother. This was a big mistake on my part. Anyway, one morning in June 2017, I received a call from a family member telling me that some company was foreclosing on my mother's home. I dropped everything and came running to my mother's defense. Well, the altzheimer disease tooks its toll on my mother in April 2017 when she passed. I have been fighting with Homecomings Mortgage since June 2017 over this property. Just this past week, they dropped the foreclosure suit, with prejudice. This week, I received a statement in the mail from them. They had reduced the amount in half, from $34, 000 down to $15, 000 and they are not asking for any legal fees. It appears to me that they just want out without having to take the entire loss. I do not intend to give them one dime as I feel they knew that they were committing a wrong act when they negotiated this mortgage with my mother. All of the classic signs were there indicating that my mother was not in full control of her faculties. I have medical records from 2017 and January 2017 as well as sworn depositions from family, neighbors, and chruch parishoners attesting to the mental state of my mother at the time of the negotiating of this mortgage. They outright tried to cheat her out of her property and I cannot and will not allow this to happen. I know in time they will start foreclosure action again. I intend to fight them at every turn and while doing so, I also intend to expose them for who and what they are; a bunch of crooked cheats with low or no moral standards. They have broken several laws in the commission of this travesty. I intend to see that this company never do business in the states of Florida again. This is as low as a company can get, not to mention that while fighting them has almost sent me into bankruptcy. I don't care about my finances. I only want to clear my mother's name. Besides, the money obtained from this loan did not benefit her. It was a bad deal which had the potential for everyone to benefit from it but my mother. The whole act was criminal.

• Lr
      Nov 01, 2008

My husband and I have had numerous complaints about Homecomings Financial since 2017 when my husband lost his job and we had to move to Nevada. I couldn't get a job for over a year in my profession and we needed my income to rent and pay Homecomings. We rented our home for a year and the renters took 3 months of our lease payments and skipped town. I talked to HC and they could care less. I asked if we could refinance so our payments would be lower and didn't want to have the house go into Foreclosure. Their answer was no and our interest rate kept going up along with the mortgage payment. We tried to make up payments with them and kept falling behind which they kept filing notices for "Foreclosure" after 30 days. We were able to keep doing this until July 2017. They agreed to have a "Short Sell" and they would have to take what they could if we had a buyer. Our agent found a buyer in December 2017 and when we contacted HC, they would not return my calls. This was a couple from out of state and had to leave to go back home. Since HC wouldn't respond to the agent or us, they made another offer on a different house and left. The offer they made would have paid off the loan, but we wouldn't get anything. This couple liked our house so much they cancelled the contract on the other house and by long distance with our Agent put a contract on our home. This was in January 2017 and HC still would not respond. I have documented all correspondence with them for 4 months to get the house sold. Finally we closed in April 2017. They have ruined our credit as we cannot buy a home for a long time. We both have moved from Nevada and have great paying jobs, but we're paying high rent for a decent house with nothing to show for it. I really thought we were going to foreclose, but through my constant calling, faxing and trying to get them to respond, it finally happened. If we are able to purchase again, I want to check out the mortgage companies before we agree to buy again. I don't know if we can sue or not, but they sure put us through the ringer for almost 3 years. Thanks.

Nov 17, 2008

I had a temporary gap in employment which caused me to fall behind 2 months and the spokesperson told me the only thing that they could suggest is that I put my home up for sale. I asked the spokeperson for the number of the bank that holds the loan and he kindly brushed me off for 15min. After later coming back on the phone and said for me to call back with a date that I could make the payment. There is no wonder so many are just walking away.

• Aq
      Nov 21, 2008

I dont know even where to begin. My husband and i were wrongly steered at the very beginning. when we signed papers to refinace our home we both signed. but for some unknown reason they have know paper work showing i am on this loan. and they will not discuss anything with me. Well now we are only a matter of a few weeks of being out on the streets because home comings will not work with us like they said they would. we got a letter telling us they would lower our house pmts and we would have a fresh start well now they say we were one day late so we would have to have a clean slate for a least 6 months. i hope others will read this and stay clear of home commings.

Jul 13, 2009

I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH HOMECOMING AS WELL IF ANYONE HAS A CLASS ACTION SUIT PLEASE ADD IN I CAN BE CONTACTED AT [protected]@HOTMAIL.COM

May 17, 2011
    HomeComings Financial - Unhelpful
    Homecomings Financial

In July 2017 I refianced my home with Aegis Lending to get a LOWER rate and fixed rate also. They sold my loan to homecomings. I did not read the mortage closely and found out later it is a adj. ARM which I was trying to get out of in the first place. My payments of $735 a month were paid on time until Feb 07 when I went into hospital with acute pancretitus. I was in a coma for 4 months. My girlfriend tried to talk to Homecomings at this time but they would not talk to her. They swore her name isn't on the loan but it is. In Aug 07 we brought the loan up current, per her lawyers advice. He advised us the loan was fraudulent and said not to pay. Homecomings sent me paperwork to fill out three times, which I did to explain my current hardship. The only thing I got from them was letters demanding payment of $1100 per month wich I cannot afford. He tried as I have with no success to contact homecomings. I tried to send Homecomings what I could afford but they refused my payments. Due to my illness I can no longer work and am recieving SSI disability. My yearly income has been cut by 75% and to make these payments I couldn't even afford to pay my utilities or feed myself. In April 09 I recieved a foreclosure letter (giving me a month to resolve the issue) which right now I'm filing for bankruptcy, to try to stop this foreclosure. I may lose it all and be out on the streets.