HomeCenter.com / GRO 19724EN0 / Item not received!

1 303 Merrick Road Suite 402LYNBROOK NY 11563, NY, United States Review updated:

HomeCenter.com has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I agree with the comment above, lack of professional business behavior is shocking and frustrating. NO BODY will call you back or write you back if you have a problem. I bought a Grohe Valve Trim, they said they will ship it to Puerto Rico thru USPS with no Shipping cost, after a month of not receiving anything I noticed my bank account was successfully debited, not only by the price of the part but plus a UPS shipping fee. Anyways the order has never arrived. I've emailed this person Lawrenceg@homecenter.com but he or she never replies, I've called twice to customer service and they just don't want to deal with the problem and they argue they sent it to the P.O. BOX which I check every single day, and the P.O. BOX returned it !!, although they have no USPS probe that they did, nor a airwaybill or tracking number.

DO NOT BUY FROM HOMECENTER.COM customer service is terrible, they will not help you solve any problem!

Comments

• Fp
      17th of Feb, 2008

I have also had dealings with this terrible company. They showed a picture of what is assumed as the items you are purchasing but actually ship you something else. Then they claim that I should have been able to tell that the description did not list all the parts of the shower assembly but only a hand held shower "part" no hose, no diverter, now shower head. But that is not what was in the picture or described in their ad. They try and change you a restocking fee plus additional shipping fees that add up to a third of the cost of the item – a very tidy profit for something that they will sell again to some other sucker. A great way to make sure you make a profit by knowing the person will either keep the item or give you your profit by additional fees. They have a woman? who is suppose to be their customer relationship contact who is rude, abusive and has not interest in resolving the issues. I have contacted the New York attorney General about their devious advertising and rip offs. You should too.

Do not buy from them they are the kind of company that give buying on the Internet a bad name.

• Fi
      6th of Mar, 2008

My Mother is in the midst of dealing with Homecenter.com as well.

They gave her incorrect item information and went ahead and shipped the item despite cancelling the order. I may need to intervene on her behalf, as it appears they charge a 25% restocking fee OR a 20% exchange fee. RIDICULOUS.

Please report your experiences to the BBB in NY where this company is located. To protect yourself, pay with a credit card. Filing a report with your credit card company may be the only way to get your money back.

Always visit the company's return policy page before placing an order to avoid headaches later!