HomeAway.com / abetting rental scams
Booked 3 months in advance "1 Acre 'Jungle & Beach Estate" - it is a HomeAway.com listing #363323 and paid 50% hard earned deposit amounting to $1, 575 USD. It turns out the advertiser, Kris Greven, is a SCAMMER and is actually not the owner of the place. She accordingly lost the lease and cannot pay back the deposits to renters. She points to the actual owners of the property, DICKSON AND ERICA GIL, who in her email description are "are the epitome of evil and scam. They are mailicous, phony and diabolical... and... are the ones sitting on everyone's money and my property. They are the dark hearted, lying two faced cons. . They robbed all of us, and they got away with it."
I have no means of verifying these allegations so I seeked help from HOMEAWAY.COM who purportedly is the "the world's most trusted vacation rental website". Turns out to very far from truth & reality. It turns out they don't do their homework to protect renters using their website and in my personal opinion only interested in advertising revenue. What do I get? -- an email from Donna of Homeaway.com that I copy pasted below. Be aware when you are planning of booking a rental from the website.. you will get no help at all when things go wrong. Here is the website's email - I replaced my actual name with my username:
We understand your frustration regarding the events you experienced with this advertiser.
Please understand that our site is a venue for advertisement; we are not involved in the transactions between travelers and advertisers. This dispute would need to be resolved with the advertiser as they are the party who took part in the transaction.
We're sorry again for your experience and that this situation was not resolved to your satisfaction. We encourage you to continue communicating with the advertiser.
US Trust & Security
HomeAway® | VRBO® | VacationRentals™
More HomeAway.com Complaints & Reviews
- HomeAway.com - bad company 
- Homeaway - worthless customer service 
- HomeAway.com - rental listing services complaint
- HomeAway.com - stay as far away from this company as you can
- HomeAway.com - scammed 
- HomeAway.com - there is no customer service
- Homeaway, Koi Interiors - rent room has too many problems for unprofessional service. the room is unhygienic and unhealthy
- Homeaway - holiday rental in lacanau ocean gironde
- Homeaway - rental 4233291 - owner will not return refund - breach of contract
- Homeaway - owner had said he did not receive money from me