HomeAway.com / fraud and scam

New Orleans, LA, United States Review updated:

I tried to rent several large properties through home away. After sending an email to a few "owners" I received replies with deposit and terms information. Turns out that they were scammers. Not owners. After contacting HomeAway and filing a complaint they did nothing. I called one of the owners who was shocked to hear his property site was compromised. He called me back and informed me that HomeAway was not responsive. We both lamented on how bad a company they are.
Bottom line is HomeAway cannot be trusted. They aid and abed scammers. They really honestly don't give a darn about me almost getting ripped off. They just keep sending junk email messages even though I asked them to stop.
Don't use HomeAway or any of its affiliates.

Ga
May 02, 2013

Comments

• Li
      Feb 06, 2012
    Homeaway.com - They not only did not post my listing but also refused to answer my emails and refund my $250 that went to absolutely nothing
    homeaway.com

Awful. They took my money for annual fees and after realizing that I was missing one important document to be able to post my listing, they not only did not post my listing but also refused to answer my emails and refund my $250 that went to absolutely nothing.

• Vi
      Apr 24, 2012
    Homeaway.com - This site only allows positive reviews of rental properties
    homeaway.com

This site only allows positive reviews of rental properties. It's worthless if you want unbiased information while you look for a vacation rental.

• Ha
      Sep 12, 2012
    Homeaway.com - They automatically renew membership and then inform you after they charge your credit card
    homeaway.com

Horrible customer service. The website does not update data accurately for home owners and the use a gotcha tactic to rip you off. They automatically renew membership and then inform you after they charge your credit card.

Also, renters seem confused by the website. VRBO is the same company, but much better site.

• Do
      Sep 25, 2012
    Homeaway.com - For Owners who might need Customer Support please don't use this site
    homeaway.com

For Owners who might need Customer Support please don't use this site, because it doesn't exist at Homeaway.com or VRBO.com. Getting through to a voice isn't that hard, but actually getting any form of intelligent life on the other end of the line is. Sorry homeaway you SUCK!

Dec 08, 2012
    Homeaway.com - Not to be trusted
    homeaway.com

The availability calendars are not updated... owners were so shady...everyone I contacted who had availability according to homeaway.com, was pulling a bait and switch on me. The nerve of them thinking I am that desperate to rent from them. Stay away! Not to be trusted!

• Em
      Mar 22, 2015

Absolutely True.. they could care less about those who use their site. Friends of mine payed $5000 to rent a vacation home for a week. When they got there they found that the home is actually in foreclosure and that it is against the law for anyone to be renting it. The listing had indicated NO REFUNDS, so the owner refused to refund their money. Needless to say they hired an attorney.