Homeannex.com / Terrible Service

1 Jersey City, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-343-0020

Home Annex is a terrible company to do business with. I placed an order for an in-stock sink in December. By the middle of January, the order still had not arrived and I was forced to buy another sink because I couldn't hold up my project any longer. Home Annex refused to cancel my order despite the fact that it had not left their warehouse yet. They shipped the sink to me anyway! It took me two months of phone calls to get an RGA#, and I was informed I would be charged a 25% restocking fee. I immediately sent the sink back and emailed Home Annex the UPS tracking information. They have had the sink back in their warehouse for 5 weeks now and still have not issued my refund. After 22 minutes on hold with them again today, I was told I would receive my refund next week...we'll see.

Comments

• Ni
      16th of May, 2008

i agree i will get a lawyer and go to better buss. bureau

• La
      21st of Apr, 2009

I ordered $400.00 worth of lighting on March 20. still waiting fo the product. Have contacted them twice using a sales number as their service number always goes to a voice mail stating to E-mail them. Again today I was hung up on as the individual suposedly went to "check with the warehouse. When I called back, guess what? Yep the old voice mail send us an Email trick. Guess I'mout my $400.00. How do we stop companies like this ??

• Sc
      24th of Apr, 2009

We can stop Homeannex by filing a complaint with the Kings County District Attorney's Office, http://www.brooklynda.org/da_action/da_action.htm.
    Homeannex's parent company is Decorative Hardware Direct Corp. and that's the name you should give to the DA.
    According to NYS Department of State, Division of Corporations department, http://appsext8.dos.state.ny.us/corp_public/corpsearch.entity_search_entry, DHD corps address is 1080 MCDONALD AVENUE
    BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, 11230.

• Dm
      1st of Jun, 2009

I just filed a complaint today with both places regarding them. I am out $610.00 I will get that back from my bank. Homeannex.com needs to be run out of business.

• Bl
      3rd of Jul, 2009
    HomeAnnex.com - Took Money/No Product
    www.homeannex.com
    homeannex.com

Took my money, and never delivered the hardware that I ordered. After some research, I found that I wasn't the only one...222 Better Business Bureau complaints! BEWARE! http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/plumbing-fixtures-parts-supplies-retail/decorative-hardware-direct-inc-in-brooklyn-ny-79745/

12th of Jul, 2009

I also think that think company is very mismanage, they have disconnecter there customer service and don't response to emails. I am out close to $300.00 in products.
    They where O.k last year. But something isn't right at all. Very Very Angry at the way they have manage to just disconnect there website.. I will find a way to my money back.
    Don't use this company!

• Sc
      24th of Jul, 2009

Mardo,
    If you paid by credit card, call your bank and tell them you didn't receive your product. They will try to contact Heomeannex, but since they disconnected their phones, they can't dispute your claim and you will get your money back.
    I truly think Homeannex and their parent company are gone for good. I know of 22 other websites affiliated with them and they are gone too.

24HourDecor.com
    ShopJado.com
    ShopKnobs.com
    SignatureSink.com

9th of Aug, 2009

YES HOMEANNEX IS THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM IS SO HORRIBLE. This bussiness need to run out of business. I BEEN WAITING FOR MY REFUND FOR OVER A YEAR.

• Ge
      10th of Feb, 2010
    HomeAnnex.com - Absolutely worst online retailer I have ever had to deal with
    homeannex.com

Absolutely the worst online retailer I have ever had to deal with. the only one that answers a phone there is sales, if you need customer service you are out of luck and they do not respond to emails so give up. Make sure you charge top credit card so you can cancel order.

• Pr
      24th of Feb, 2010

I never received my order. It's impossible to get through to customer service.

• Di

Home Annex Lighting Fixture - Worst Online Order Experience Ever
    Home Annet
    New York
    HomeAnnex.com

I ordered and received a light fixture with a large BROKEN globe. I reported this to customer service on July 15, 2008. Today is Nov. 11, 2008 and I have still been unable to obtain a Return Authorization for this light fixture.
    I have called and emailed, and was told on several occasions that the RGA was being 'processed' and that I would 'hear by the end of today, ' but I still do not have a response.

• Ri
    Homeannex.com - Avoid this company
    HomeAnnex.com

Contacting this company is virtually impossible as they do not respond to emails and their phone number is rarely accessible. I did not receive my order during the time frame promised. When I was finally able to speak to a "real person" 5 weeks after my order was placed, I was informed that the items were back ordered and would not ship for another 2-3 weeks. I cancelled my order and was promised a refund, via a credit to my mastercard. The credit was never posted.

By contacting my credit card company I have now received a credit for my purchase, despite the fact that the order was ten weeks prior to my request. I highly recommend you avoid using their services.

• Ri
    Homeannex.com - Avoid this company at all cost
    homeannex.com

I normally do not take the time to write reviews, but the service at this company is so bad, I feel compelled to communicate my experience to all potential victims of this company. I bought an item which took almost 4 weeks to arrive. That is not my complaint. When I went to return the item, my journey to hell began. First, to return an item they state that you must first get what they call a RJA number. It took over 3 weeks for them to respond to my request for said number. After finally receiving the number, I packaged the item, bought the postage and shipped it back to them. That was over 2 months ago! It took me several attemps to get a live person on the phone. When I explained my delimma, he said to hold on. While I was on hold, the guy transferred my to a recording telling me to leave my name and number and that someone would be calling me back. You have got to be kidding me! After several more attemps, I got ahold of another live person and immediately told him not to put me on hold. I had to explain the situation to him twice before he said I had to call customer service. Yikes! I told him I wanted to speak with someone live who could simply look up my account and give me a status. Guess what? He forwarded me to the voice mail again. At that point, I was willing to donate my money to the company to not have to continue with the frustration. At a certain point, it's just not worth getting high blood pressure over it. In the past 3 weeks, I have left several phone messages and sent several emails simply requesting that they give me a status on the return. As of today, NOTHING!! Wow, how do they stay in business! Do yourself a huge favor and avoid this company at all cost. It is the "swine flu" of online businesses.