Homeannex.com / STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Home Annex.com is as bad as all the previous people have posted. Placed an order and haven't received it for over a month and yet my credit card statement shows they charged my account. They have poor customer service, or should I say non-exsistent customer service. Emails take several days to get a response, if any. There are bsolete phone numbers listed on the website. When you are able to reach them all you get is the same recorded message for every option you choose. The message tells you to contact them via email (which generally goes unanswered) or to check your order status online. Online order tracking amounts to telling you the date that you ordered and that you paid. Yes, they charge your credit card before even shipping the merchandise!!!
I emailed several times asking where my order was before someone finally responded by saying that my order would be shipped in 48 hours and take a week to arrive. The week has past and still no shipment.
I called. After getting the run around with dead end recordings, the only way I reached a real person was by choosing the SALES option on their phone menu.
The real person then can't tell you if the manufacturer has shipped your order and is "unable to reach them by phone right now" to check on the order. They promise to check and get back to you and then never do so. I called again using the SALES option to reach someone and got the same answer. They never called me back.
I finally called again. I asked again about my order status and when they gave the same answer that they would need to call the warehouse from where it was to be shipped and get back to me I demanded to be given the name and phone number of the warehouse. They told me the name but would not give the phone number. I insisted they give it to me so I could call to check on the order myself. I was told that a manager needed to be contacted before giving the number.
When they came back the story was that it wasn't the warehouse but the manufacturer Amerock who was causing the delay.
I then told them to cancel my order. I asked if there were anymore charges and told them I wouldn't pay any restocking fees.
They told me, "no, no restocking fee since I hadn't received the merchandise." I asked again and they said, "no, there will be no more fees of any kind to cancel your order."
I'm still waiting to see the credit to my charge account.

Pa

Comments

• Ev
      7th of May, 2009

THese people are ripping me off, too! They took my money, and there is no sign of the product for 3 weeks now. Customer service does not respond to repeated emails. I called the sales number and they tell me that they have no information on orders, OR they hang up on me. Now the toll-free number on their website is DISCONNECTED. I am immediately calling my credit card and disputing the charges. I truly believe that HomeAnnex.com is taking money with no intention of fulfilling orders.

• Di
      11th of May, 2009

I had exactly the same problem. I ordered something and never received it! After reading all these sites about how this web site is a scam. I CANCELLED MY ORDER THROUGH VISA!

Call your credit card and tell them this is a scam. There is no customer service and they need to be shut down. My credit card company credited me $35 the day I called to complain. They told home annex unless they can show proof they sent me the product, they will not get any money.

It was over a month and that was enough for me to decide something is fishy

21st of May, 2009

Had the same experience as posters above. No customer service, they charge and then never ship.

• Mk
      26th of May, 2009

I am having the same problem. Homeannex billed me on 3/25/09 for my hardware and I still don't have my product 5/26/09. No one answers the customer service line or responds to my daily email messages. I just called the credit card company to complain. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I had a similar problem with them last year and should have learned my lesson!