Homeannex.com / Bait & Switch

1530 Bedford Avenue
31 March 2009
Dear Home Annex Customer Service,
In the course of building a new home, we have ordered several times from Home Annex. The service has generally been good. However, we have experienced circumstances with the captioned order that border on the unbelievable!
On February 7 2009 order DHD-753668 was confirmed for:
40 BP53470-3 Amerock scroll pulls @ $2.14 each
12 Hickory Hardware P2282-SN pulls @ $4.52 each
4 Hickory Hardware P2281-SN pulls @ $3.19 each
We received the Amerock scroll pulls within 10 days. We heard nothing with respect to the Hickory Hardware items, and when I began enquiries, I was told on successive occasions:
1 “Belwith-Keeler should have advised us that the items would be back-ordered; they didn’t. They are now on two-week backorder.”
2 “The items will be shipped next week.” (4 weeks ago)
3 (today) “The items are not available from the original supplier; but we can re-order them for you at extra cost! You should have received an email on 15th March telling you this.” [I didn’t!!]

It seems to me that it is illegal to advertise a product for a specific price, take someone’s money as payment for that product, then tell them, “Oops! You have to pay more money for this product if you expect to receive it.”
In any event, please consider this a confirmation of my verbal instruction this morning to cancel this order with respect to the Hickory Hardware items. Also, please consider this a demand for refund of my money in the amount of $74.75 (I am asking for return of the $7.95 ‘processing fee’ since technically, you did not ‘process’ my order.
I note that the Hickory Hardware website is advertising these items for a few cents more ($0.15 and $0.22 respectively) than the price you advertised and I accepted. So for the princely sum of $3.24 from an order totaling $160.55 (that 2%) you held up my order for over six weeks and failed to timely notify me of what your problems were. Obviously, you don’t think much of your customers, and I now hold a similar opinion of you.
C C Stewart
Spring, TX

A  24th of Apr, 2009 by
If you paid by Credit Card or Paypal, dispute the charges and file a complaint with the Kings County District Attorney's Office, http://www.brooklynda.org/da_action/da_action.htm.
Homeannex's parent company is Decorative Hardware Direct Corp. and that's the name you should give to the DA.
According to NYS Department of State, Division of Corporations department, http://appsext8.dos.state.ny.us/corp_public/corpsearch.entity_search_entry, DHD corps address is 1080 MCDONALD AVENUE
Please keep us posted on any future developments.
A  3rd of Oct, 2009 by
We too have a major complaint with this company, but after about 8 months of their false promises in crediting our account/credit card, regarding the returned merchandise, we literally gave up on them. At some point I got tired of being so angry and trying to resolve the situation. We had done everything as they suggested--got their Return Authorization Number, sent the package back, but never never never received credit. Even after several emails I sent them and phone calls answered and unanswered, the $100 credit never came. We just decided to cut our losses and move on. Anytime, however the subject of ordering online comes up in any conversation we have, we ALWAYS tell people to stay away from Home Annex! They are truly a ripoff company and they are the reason ordering online can become anyone's nightmare. Again--stay away from this terrible company. Not worth it.