HomeAdvisor / bait and switch - fraud
DO NOT USE HomeAdvisor PRO. They lie and help themselves to your money. We signed up for this service in February. We were sold by a girl named Olivia, we were under the impression we would be working directly with her.
We were surprised when we were directed to an 800 number where we were on hold for an HOUR and fifteen minutes before talking to a person about the charges on our account. Olivia had told us we would only receive leads from verified homeowners and the cost was normally $60 dependant on the service.
We set up our account and the leads we received were not real. We had numbers that were wrong, services we didn't offer, and locations we didn't reach. We even had a lead, that when Googled, was DEAD. The leads were also $100+!
We tried to cancel after a month and the guy said he'd give us a refund and give us five free leads. He told us they were starting a new "opportunity" service where we only accept the leads we're interested in and are charged when the homeowner accepts the match. We thought it sounded a bit better so we stuck it out.
We just discovered our card has been charged for leads we didn't even get! I called customer service and this "lovely" gal named Brandi Prett told us she was the supervisor and as high as we could go. She kept interrupting me and wouldn't listen to a thing I said when I tried to explain that we shouldn't have had our card charged. She kept saying they don't refund leads and they don't guarantee them and we should know that. She told us if we didn't want to be charged we should turn our leads off. They have been off for months! She refused to do anything even when we said we wanted to close our account.
We've started disputes with our credit card company and will be looking into all avenues to prevent this corrupt business from stealing from any other small business owners.
More HomeAdvisor Complaints & Reviews
- Service Magic - Fraudulent charges! 
- ServiceMagic.Com - Scam and deceptive advertising! 
- ServiceMagic.Com - Awful experience 
- Home Advisor - Service magic scam 
- ServiceMagic, Inc. - Fraudulent business practices of ServiceMagic, Inc. 
- HomeAdvisor - unauthorized credit card charges and too many false charges.
- HomeAdvisor - home advisor scam misleading sales force - no refunds after 72 hours
- HomeAdvisor - don't give them a try
- HomeAdvisor - Unethical behaviour 
- Home Advisor - Unwanted solicitation, false charges, false promises