Home WarrantyService

1 Review updated:

I have been without a refridgerator for three days now. I have had two contractors come out to look at the refridgerator and determined that is was not reparable; American Home Shield is still looking for someone to repair the refridgerator, since my refridgerator is a closed end system no contractor is willing to touch it. I ask what is the company policy for locating a contractor for a difficult repair...ie how long do you call around until you determine that this refridgerator is not repairable and needs to be replaced? I never received a straight answer on that, one representative stated that there was no company policy on that. All they can do is reimburse me for renting a refridgerator, which sould like a great idea, but where am I going to put another refridgerator? Really? Or, I could buy a dorm size refridgerator until they can get mines fixed. So I will count up the cost and repost for everyone to see. THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY FOR YOU...I have been a customer of them for years...they don't have a problem as long as you continue to pay you monthly preminum like a good little customer...but you will get the runaround with this company. I have called every two hours, they will give you an outside authorization to see if you can find someone..don't do it because if they won't fix it then you start the process all over again. That is what I'm experiencing. Please find another one right away after this is over I will be cancelling my policy ASAP!

Ms

Comments

• Br
      Oct 31, 2008
    Home Warranty - cancellation
    national home protection
    42 w 38th st
    New York
    New York
    Phone: [protected]
    nhp.com

This company lies to get you signed up about a free $50 home depot card, and when you have an issue you will be put on hold for long periods and sometimes disconnected. For this reason I tried to cancel on oct 2nd 2017 and was assured it would cancel and the monthly auto draft would not take place on oct-17 2017, but did anyway and upon contacting someone on oct-20 they said it was in fact cancelled on oct-2 and the auto draft would be refunded in 2-3 days. Well, never happened and when I called back they said they owe no refund because it was cancelled on oct-20. I have been calling everyday since to get this corrected and have been hung up on, sent to supervisor voice mails and never get a response. I am very frustrated and can't imagine what would have happened if I had a claim. This is the worst customer service I have ever witnessed.

• Bi
      Apr 07, 2009
    Home Warranty - No service, rude representatives
    National Home Protection
    New Jersey
    NationalHomeProtection.com

I bought a year's service from this warranty company (NHP) on Feb 2017. I had a clogging and sewage backup problem last week (March 30th 2017. They say that they are 24 hours available, but I did not get them on the phone until March 31st 9 AM. I was on hold for 15 minutes after which the representative gave number of the plumbers. When I called the plumber, he said he won't be able to do the work. I went back to the warranty company and requested another plumber who said he doesn't work in the area. When I got another plumber, he said that he won't be able to make it until the next day. I could not wait any longer and asked them whether I can ask service professionals (SP) (a plumbing agency) to do the work and they gave an ok with a condition that before SP begins the work, the SP plumber should call NHP. SP came and called NHP and they gave an OK to most of the work they did. However, after that, every time I am trying to call NHP to know the status of the claim, I am put on hold for 15 minutes and then the call ends. One lucky time my wife could get hold of a representative and she said that the claim is denied as the toilet was removed. When asked what about the other work that was done, she said they will be looked into and hung up. Ever since then I cannot get hold of any representative and it has been one week now. I want NHP to stop making false promises and give my money back. Any suggestions on how to deal with them would be appreciated.

• Bi
      Apr 22, 2009

They also do not have any office in Iselin contrary to what they claim in their website.

• Di
      Jun 18, 2009
    Home Warranty - Company did not honor gift card rebate and has been put out of business by NY's OAG for running a fraudulent business
    National Home Protection
    Washington
    District of Columbia

I just learned that the company was a scam. Last March 2017, I purchased 3 years of service for $1, 049.73 (effective through 3/15/2017. Although I mailed in my rebate form to receive a $50 gift card for each year's service I purchased, I never received the 3 gift cards. I inquired numerous times but never got a follow up. I did place a service call, however, and they did have a service technician repair the problem during my first year. Now, I need service again. I called on Monday, June 15, 2017 but the phone just rang and rang. Then, I called again this morning (6/18/09) and the number is out of service. I googled the company and just read that the business was shut down in April 2017 by the Office of the Attorney General of NY for running a fraudulent home warranty business. See http://www.oag.state.ny.us/media_center/2017/apr/apr27a_09.html for more information. If you have an active warranty with NHP, contact the OAG and file a claim in case a class action suit or some other opportunity exists to get your money back.

• Di
      Jun 18, 2009

I forgot to mention NHP's address is 42 West 38th Street, NY, NY 10018. The number, which no longer works now, was [protected].

• Ac
      Jun 01, 2010
    Home Warranty - Not Honoring the contract
    Choice Home Warranty
    Ohio

We filed a claim regarding our Refrigerator and they sent us a laundry repair man. He came removed the bottom panel and said dust caused the problem of the freezer portion of the refrigerator to go out. We thought that sounded strange but went on his advise and waited 24 hours to see if the freezer would work. Well it did not and had to call again this time he cam out and state it could be the compressor or a leak. Which it could not be a leak because there was not water. He did not leave any paper work and we found that strange but requested that we call Choice and get some one who knows about compressors. But when he reported to Choice he stated it was a leak. When we confronted Choice they refused to send anyone else out. The customer service person return out phone call 5 minutes before they closed and when challenging him he hung up on us. This is unbelievable I wish I had done my homework prior to selecting this company. There are thousand complaints on this company. I am contacting the Attorney General office and anyone reading this should do the same. Maybe they will investigate and do something about this.

• Le
      Sep 07, 2011
    Home Warranty - Bad Service
    Buyers Protection Group
    4300 alexander dr Suite 200
    Alpharetta
    Georgia
    Phone: [protected]

Have had this company for almost 3 years I will sigh up for another year. It took 3 days to get the water heater fixed. The plumber fixing the stopped drain did it in one service call and simple wiring problem was fixed in 24 hours. It is to hard to get them to do repairs with the same quailty of parts you had. Not all of the companies they use are good. Some come out and dont fix it at all then you have to call BBG back, now we have a missing part so the second company will not fix if the part is missing. So if it was there the first time and fixed there would be no problem. I dont get it I call a service tech comes out says yes it is broken all parts are there why can't he fix it? This started August 22 now it is Sept 7 and I am still waiting for BPG to get a hold of first company. Will post if I ever get it fixed

• Lo
      Feb 16, 2012
    Home Warranty - Claim Denied
    First American Home Buyers Protection
    Houston
    Texas

I made a claim that the Kenmore radiant cook top in my house is cracked. They sent a contractor to exam it on Monday, Feb 6th. The contractor took some photos and charged for $60 service fee. He said the photos would be given to the Home warranty company in the next day and I should expect a phone call from home warranty company by Wednesday, Feb 8th. I did not receive any phone call. I called them several times from Feb 8th to Feb 13th. Every time I was told the same story: they deny the claim because the contractor said the crack was caused by some impact, but not during normal use; I asked for the photos;They said no photos received from the contractor but they would request the photos from the contractor and would call me soon。 The same conversation repeated for several times. I called them on Feb 14th again. They changed their answer and said the claim was denied; that is it, no photos, and no more actions.

They lied about the cracks, which appeared in normal use without any impact, any heavy pots or pans dropped on the surface. The heat when cook made some cracks grow fast along the shape of the conductive wire loop underneath it. Finally the cracks become a round loop, separated from the smooth surface and fell off due to gravity. Everything happened within 30 minutes when I cooked and I did not even notice it until I finished cooking and lifted the pans away from the cook top. The same thing happened to another burner in the same cook top last week.

I believe this kind of cracks is not “noval” because it happened during normal cooking without any impact or pots falling. The company insisted that the cracks were caused by some hard impact or pots dropping. They lied. As a home warranty company, they have seen this kind of claims too many times and they just use their routine excuse to deny them. I even offered them to duplicate the same cracks by any hard impact or dropping pots on the two good burners left in the cooktop and. They refused it because they know they lied.

They made good promises when I purchased the contract. Now, when I want to use it, they lied and denied claim which should be covered. I want to report this abuse and request them to correct what they did by covering my claim.