Home Town Kolkata / Damaged Furniture

1 India Review updated:

I had purchased a cabinet from Home Town on 30/09/09 and was assured that it would be assembled within 48hrs of its delivery which they claimed was a standard that they are are known for. The product was delivered on 05/10/09, and i got a call on the same day that it would be assembled positively on 07/10/09, however no one came and i had to call them back as i had wasted the entire day waiting for them. I spoke to Saugata Saha from the fittment department who assured he would get it assembled. On 08/10/09 the fitter came from Home Town and assembled the product but for my shock the product was damaged. It had a door that was damaged and the fitter initially saying that it is just a scrach later agreed that it is a damaged door and i can write my complaint on the Job Card and it would be fixed. He refused to give me a copy of the jobcard, however on my insisting he handed over the copy to me his name was Tapas. I waited for a couple of days when i didnot hear anything back i called up Home Town and was told there is no complaint under my name with them as they do not look at the Job Cards. I registered another complaint # 39019 and again spoke to Saugata who again assured me that he would either get it fixed today or get me speak to the head of their department whose name is Sweta Banerjee. however he called back assuring that next day some one froom Home Town would be visiting to have my product fixed. Till 31/10/09 no one came and when i called back again on 31st to Home Town i got another shock that my cpomplaint was registered for a faulty Gyeser(i have never bought a geyser from them). Again i have been told by Saugata Saha that it would take couple of more days, however he has been unable to provide any reason for the delay. And I have been refused on requesting to speak to head of the customer service/ fitment dept. Ms Sweta Banerjee claiming that she is busy with other customers and they cannot do anything.

Comments

• Mk
      29th of Jan, 2010

I agree with the complain, home town, kolkata is the worst in India. Their atitude and workmanship is the worst. please do not purchase any modular items from here.

• Su
      13th of Feb, 2010

Mr. Ashish Bhushan's comment is an excellent example of how different companies and outlets routinely cheat customers by supplying defective / incomplete goods. We live in East Enclave Housing at New Town. We had a very bitter experience with the KUCHINA kitchen exhaust appliance that puts up a stall every year at Karunamoyee mela. These people deprived us of (i) guarantee card (ii) side bag as free gift and (iii) the free servicing promised in few months. Once the cheque of the full amount had been handed over, they never forgot everything.

• Pr
      27th of Feb, 2010

Yeah, The customer service in hometown is horrible.

Prof. Pratik Bhattacharjee
    Saltlake, Kolkata.

• Ar
      5th of Apr, 2010

I agree with the complain, home town, kolkata is the worst in India. Home Town customer support department is horrible. I myself face similar kind of experience.

• Aa
      14th of Apr, 2010

Yes! Furniture quality of Hometown, New town is poor, service is worst. They are just making fool to people.

• Ar
      2nd of Jun, 2010

Great to see this... Batter make a flash in Anadabazar or some other daily news paper. Also u can go for khojkhobor channel as well. they should have proper lesson. Dont forget to go to consumer forum.

Arijit

• Ra
      11th of Jul, 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

With great pride we purchased 3 nos. lock from HOME TOWN - RAJARHAT - KOLKATA as per their cash memo no:T35/13946 DT: 19/06/2011 AND MADE A DOCKET FOR FREE FITMENT IN YOUR TOLL FREE.

Your fitter came & installed 2 nos lock succesfully but the 3rd one he could not as he stated that a particlar part is missing without which installation is not possible. All 3 seal packets were opened by him. He further cooly suggested to take the 3 rd lock back to HOME TOWN for free & immediate replacement.

Yesterday (July 10th 2011) being a SUNDAY I took same back for needful to HOME TOWN- Rajarhat but the reception we received was AWFUL.

I had to wait 1/2 an hour in the customer care area for someone to turn up and listen to the facts, thereafter she walked away with the token (No:10) - that is proof of entry and after another 1/2 an hour someone else regrets the change. I wasted one long hour with my family and the family SUNDAY was totally spoilt.

Today I have lodged a complain for the Godrej lock in your toll free no for the needful complain No: KOL/29818.

Awaiting your direct response.

Regards,

Rakesh Bhatia,
    16/1 Loudon Street
    Kolkata 17
    Ph: 9830345495

• Vi
      15th of Sep, 2011

i totally agreed. Home Town Kolkata has worst service provider than one can imagined. i bought a dinning table for immediate delivery by 01/09/2011 under their memo no 2078034370 . it is more than 15 days now but there is no update from their end. When i asked them to refund the money, they asked me to approx their HO which is located in Mumbai. I can not imagine that a reputed company like Future Group are such pathetic service provider.
    In my opinion do not buy any product from home town other than home accessories item.

• Lp
      18th of Aug, 2013

Home Town Kolkata is the worst place in the world to order any modular things. Their service is horrible. If you have extra money, a lot of time to spend then go for it.

• Ab
    Home Town - Worst Shopping Experience
    Home Town of Futuregroup
    India

Hi,
    I am Abhishek Amarnath, I would like to share my worst shopping experience, On 16th May 2011 which was the worst day of my life as I purchased one window AC of LG from home town Lucknow vide the Sales order no 2051022967.

Till the time of making payment, entire team of Home Town were very friendly & supportive, But it to my utter surprise only after one hour they are not ready to even listen, What I am saying.

I am taking you to the entire incidence, On 16th May 2011 at 01:30 Pm, I purchased one window AC from Home Town & requested them to do the installation on the same day as my Old machine was not working. Before the swapping of my card, they were assured to do the Installation immediately.

Only after two hour when I enquired in store about the delivery of my product, One Madam picked the phone after full interview & showing great benevolence on me she transferred call to some Mr. Athar Ali.

This gentleman shown lot of apologies & given excuses “Sir as the stabilizer is readily not available in our ware house, So I am not able to deliver the goods tomorrow I will ensure the delivery & Installation” .

Today again I started the follow-up for the same so after my 3rd call, I got the delivery of the machine, Now I am doing the follow-up with the home town team for the Installation & after the following the same sequence of follow-up, 1st Madam after full interview with some call forwarding & conference getting repeatedly fake commitment from Mr. Athar Ali waiting for the installation.

Now I feeling I did a mistake by purchasing the goods form home town, the team of Lucknow home town is good for nothing, they are doing hell of fake commitments & telecaller madam is not ready to talk.
    So finally I would like to sumup my buying experience with Home Town, Pls. buy the good from home town if you have

1. Good patience level for doing the follow-up.
    2. Excessive money for wasting in calls.
    3. Willing to spoil your day & mood.
    4. Wanting smash up yourself respect by one telecaller.

Finally you will get some petty discount, Lot of fake commitments & misbehavior, So it is my advice to all buyer who are going to buy any product form Home Town “Please think twice”

• Ab

Hi,

1. Good patience level for doing the follow-up.
    2. Excessive money for wasting in calls.
    3. Willing to spoil your day & mood.
    4. Wanting smash up yourself respect by one telecaller.

• Sh
    Home Town - Worst Shopping Experience
    India
    www.pantaloon.com/hometown.asp

I purchased a mattress on Saturday 5th July, 2008 but still is not delivered.
    I want to make a complaint against the people in home town as they are not dealing customers well and I have contacted around 15 times but still no result.

As home town offers delivery within 24 hours so I want to mark why it is being so delayed.

Plz do not buy any product from Home Town.