Home Survey Workers / Scam charges!

United States Review updated:

I agreed to the $2.95 trial offer but then canceled my membership a few days later I noticed that my credit card had another debit of $39.95. I emailed them on numerous occasions and finally I received a response stating that they have canceled my membership and would refund my monies. Today my credit card has been credited $39.95, but another debit has been made of $11.00. I have emailed them but have had no response from them. That is when I ran a check on them on the internet and found your web site.

What these people are doing is totally illegal and fraudulent and I want to put a stop to these type of people.
Va

Winnebago
Illinois
Phone: 815-301-2074
youronlinesurveys.com/home-survey-workers/

You pretty much know its a scam as soon as you get on their website, but they only charge 2.95 for it so i thought who cares, lets try it out... well they don't tell you nothing about their recurring 39.95 charge... i am waiting till tomorrow so i could contact them and get my money back... doubt their 100% money back guarantee is worth anything...
Ch
  8th of Jan, 2008
they tell you its 2.95 for like three days and if you dont like it then tell them. If you do continue they charge you $40 one time fee read the site
Be
  12th of Jan, 2008
I would be sure to contact both the Illinois Better Business Bureau and your state attorney general regarding what this company is doing.
Br
  11th of Feb, 2008
They tell you that its 2.95 up front and after 7 days if you dont cancel they charge you 39.95, read the site before you give them your credit card on this kind of stuff...
Je
  12th of Mar, 2008

Home Survey Workers - Hidden charges!
Home Survey Workers
Texas
Phone: 214-363-8640
www.home-survey-workers.com

When I joined the site I was aware that I would be charged $2.95 to become a member, but my checking account was charged $39.95 seven days later. When I called to ask about the charge they pointed out to me that it is written several paragraphs below the introductory rate in small print. This is clearly meant to trick people. They are unwilling to refund my payment. The website is a scam altogether.
He
  15th of Mar, 2008
I have the same ordeal and now cannot locate the website in which to contact them. If you have any info it would be greatly apprecaited!
Mo
  31st of Mar, 2008
Im usually very aware of scams but I thought ok 2.95 And that I would cancell with 7 days I did call but they still took out the money. Well I got another card so no other company will do that again. You live and learn they are all scams beware!
Ma
  5th of May, 2008
This place is a scam, I have never done business with them and I noticed 2 charges on my card, my husband didn't either, he doesn't know enough about computers to even do something like that.
I am making a police report and I sure hope someone shuts them down.
I called to talk to them today and got a Melody on the phone, she hung up on me and refused to let me speak to a supervisor
SCAM SCAM SCAM!!
Ma
  10th of May, 2008
WELL I WAS ABOUT TO TRY THE SURVEY WORK. THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS. I KNOW NOW NOT TO DO IT. DO U KNOW ANY WORK AT HOME BUSINESSES THAT ARE LEGIMATE? I NEED TO WORK AT HOME, ASAP. NOT SURE WHO IS SCAM. I TRIED EBAY THEY WANTED $6, 000 TO START. IF I HAD THAT KIND OF MONEY I WOULDNT BE TRYING TO FIND WORK. NONE SHOULDNT CHARGE YOU. WHO PAYS TO BE HIRED?

MARY
Ca
  13th of Sep, 2008
the same thing happened to me, i was trying to order a book on a site, and found out i didn't have enough money, (what the beep) i never filled out a survey with this company or any other company as far as that goes, i hope i get my money back. DON'T DO IT!!!
Ro
  10th of Oct, 2008
I COMPLETLY AGREE! This place is a TOTAL SCAM! I being from the financial field thought, well..2.95..I cancelled, and here on my bank account record it states they have taken an additional 39.95 I AM FURIOUS! I did in fact write to them via email., and NO ONE HAS responded...I am contacting my bank and will pay thextra charge to STOP them from trying to EVER take out anymore money. THE BBB should and will be contacted regarding thier web site. Stuff like this should go on CNN...to make everyone aware.. and this sight that we are on now? should pop up BEFORE anyone goes onto the Home Survey sight!
Ja
  13th of Oct, 2008
I almost got ripped off by these scammers - only blocked the impending deduction from my account by closing it - at great inconvenience since all my bills go out from there. I'm in the UK - yet practically all their so-called companies don't accept anyone outside the USA, so from day one I realised my $2.95 was a waste of time and cash. It was only the unexpected deduction of nearly $50 from my account by another, equally scam company (Freelance homewriters) that led me to examine the 'small print' further - and realise I was this close to being fleeced again.

Sent a long email to the so-called customer services team of both these companies. Result? The mail has been 'delayed' surprise, surprise. Still, at least HSW won't get my money - I'm 'marking' both these companies in the British journalism press and on consumer TV, not that it'll do much good. Idiots like me will still be taken in - usually by so-called 'antiscam' forums (not this one!) which, in reality, are self-promoting their own miserable little hides. These companies are parasitic gutterlife - they're not interested in employing hard working market researchers/'newbie' writers, they're after conning fifty bucks from as many people as possible.

My advice is simple - NEVER give out bank or credit card details on line for ANYTHING, no matter how 'safe' it isappears. If you want to gamble, pay by Pay Pal, IMO or similar. If the site doesn't accept these methods? It's a con. Always.
To
  16th of Oct, 2008
Agreed. Definate scam! I just found the hidden charges in my statement today so have rung up my bank and cancelled the card as Freelance writers have it as well. I feel so stupid for falling for it, I will not make that mistake again. Am going to fill out a fraud form through the bank and hope that it all gets sorted in the end.

I'm prepared financially to take the hit but I feel bad for people who are thinking that they'll make a little extra for their families and instead get scammed out of their money.

I'm from the UK as well so it's going to be harder to sort this out.
De
  16th of Oct, 2008

Home Survey Workers - Unjustified billings
138 de Tadoussac
Gatineau
Qu├ębec
Canada
Phone: 8192465462

On October 14, 2008, Home Survey Workers has charged me an amount of $49.47ca on my VISA card without my knowledge and for no reason at all. Please note that I had agreed to a $2.95 us charge on my VISA which went through on October 6, 2008. This kind of fraud should be stopped.
St
  20th of Oct, 2008
They did the exact same thing to me.. but will not even reply to my emails.. did they charge any more other than the 2 payments??
Sa
  30th of Oct, 2008
Yes, this Company is a scam. I am also living in the U.K. and I have sent e.mails with no replies, also tried phoning them, now I'm informed that their phone number has been disconnected!

My only remedy now, to stop these monthly payments is to cancel my old Debit Card, and get my Bank to send me another.

Very inconvenient, as I am a Pensioner and I don't normally get conned by people such as these.

Thank you for your website highlighting this issue.

It's very much appreciated.
Sa
  31st of Oct, 2008
Further to my earlier post regarding this company. Today I cancelled my Card and then, guess what? I recieved this e.mail from them;

Hello Sandie,

Your account has been de-activated as of 10/31/2008 10:05:00 AM.

Thank you for your business. Let us know if you have any further questions.

As a gesture of good-will for trying our services out we would like to offer you
A free work at home success kit all you have to pay is shipping & handling. Its
Our way of saying thanks for giving our services a good try.

Click Here To Claim Your Gift

At Freelance Home Writers our goal is to provide our user-base with the première
resource for freelance home writing. We are always looking to improve customer
satisfaction so if you could please take afew moments to goto the website below
and let us know why you canceled your membership it will do us and our thousands
of subscribers a great favor

Click Here To Give us Feedback

FreelanceHomeWriters.com Customer Service:

Phone: 1-800-750-7660
Email: support@freelancehomewriters.com

Any other comments welcome.
Ge
  1st of Nov, 2008

Home Survey Workers - TO RESTRAIN THEM FROM MAKING FURTHER DEDUCTION FROM MY ACCOUNT
32 Shakespeare ROad, LU40HS,, Luton
Luton
England, Bedfordshire
United Kingdom
Phone: 07903479277

I have just signed with Home Survey workers as a part-time work from home at the cost of $2.95 which I made on line.
I was not provided paypal to par through. But I have just read in the internet that they make fraudulent charges of $49.95 cahrges on peoples visa cards without informing them .
Please I need pay pal to come in here and restrain them from taking any further money from my account prior notification and agreement.
Ca
  4th of Nov, 2008
When I could not verify their statement and 'seal' with legitimate home business' and no access to the link page for referrals or verification of this business, I decided to review and reports = THANK YOU for helping me avoid this scam.
They also use a computer = 'live chat' when you want to log off of their page - and when 'they' can not answer your questions you are told it is a computer answering on the 'live chat'
Happy hunting for home business- and remember
IF it is too good to be true - it is!
St
  11th of Nov, 2008
charged me 49.50 when I was suppose to be charged a one time fee of 2.95 for shipping and handling