Home Shield Pest Control / Sell outs

1 St Charles, IL, United States Review updated:

Just like all the other fly by night pest control companies Home Shield sold out. The owners are such cowards that they couldnt even tell us. They sold the company to Terminix and they were waiting for us Today telling us whats going on. All the hard woek and dedication and they couldnt even tell us themselves. I will never work for a mormon owned company again, they are a bunch of crooked thieves who only look out for themselves. Greg the owner was not man enough to let us know. Coward thanks for nothing.

Comments

• Pe
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Dave Schultz/previous poster,

Get a life and stop complaining. Try being honest and working hard for a company. You are a terrible manager.

• St
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Homeshield dude you have your facts wrong and it doesnt surprise me your not a very bright person. And I know who you are. But unlike you I will not post your name here. Our paths will cross again another day and we will see what you do when you dont have a computer to hide behind.

• Lo
      8th of Mar, 2010

I too agree that this company was a load of crap. The owners only had one thing on their minds. MONEY! They never treated any of their techs well. The only people that were taken care of were the sales kids. Thats right kids. Mormon college students that they bring in from out of town for a few months out of the year and have them sell pest control. They too are just as bad. Lying to consumers just to get a sale. I guess thats their M.O. It's no wonder that they sold the company to Terminix. It's just more money in their pockets. So what they will do is start up a new company under a different name and do it all over again. It is true what they say about them being a cult. They are smart I will give them that. At the same time they are dishonest and care nothing about keeping bugs out of the homes of their customers. If they were they would have treated the techs better than they did. The sales team would go out and lie and the techs had to be the ones that show up to do the service and be confronted by the customer. I have even told the customers that the sales guys lie just to get the commission. I then have to apologize for them lying. Most of the time I was able to save the account. Do you think that I got anything for doing this? No!

Thats all for now.

• St
      9th of Mar, 2010

You hit the nail on the head with that and I am glad you spoke your mind on here. That is another reason I left to pursue a job with a true pest control company. I feel bad that you were treated the way you were and that the owners Greg and one of his side kicks Matt could not be honest with you. It just proves to you and everyone else that these guys dont care about any customers or techs. All they care about is the sales reps and their pockets. The one thing that makes me laugh is that Matt B was giving info about rules and regs from Georgia instead of Illinois and he expected everyone to pass the cert test. What a joke.. I am glad they sold now consumers dont need to be mis treated and lied to.

23rd of Aug, 2010

We are still in business and doing fine. We just sold some of the offices that were doing poorly because of bad employees. I wish you all the best.

25th of Aug, 2010

I do agree about the bad employees, when Dawn and her hubby came to Chic they were a joke. No one liked them and they both did crappy work. Dawn turned the office upside down and pissed off every customer she talked to. Not to mention all her burping and other nasty habits that decent women should not be doing. The worst tech to have ever worked at Homeshield was Al her husband. He was lazy and never did his job, he scared customers with his appearance and most of them never wanted him back. Now as for everyone else they worked really hard to help hide all the lies and deception the sales reps sold to customers. The owner was fully aware of all the bs sales tactics and he just didnt care. He was the one who trained them to do it. So the failure of Homeshields sold offices was not caused by bad employees. Their sneeky, lying tactics fianlly caught up with them and the good lord stepped in and sent them packing. Its not the first time the mormons were booted from Illinois. God bless honesty. Real pest control companies will not be knocking on your door looking for your buisness. Buyer beware of door knocking companies.

26th of Aug, 2010

The problem isn't the sales guys it was definitely the employees and the manager. No wonder you get fired from pest control company one after another. As for working with those mormons, the were a little odd, definitely strange, but not bad guys.

26th of Aug, 2010

OK pest guy so you are trying to say that every branch that sold had bad employees and bad managment. Sorry but that is not the case at all. Companies like Homeshield, Pointe, Green Pointe, Guardian build a customer base with door to door sales and dis honest buisness practices. It is that that put them under and made them fail. The customer base that was sold in Chic is just about gone. Now are you going to tell me that Tirminix has bad employees and bad managment to. The bottom line is their dis honest tactics finally caught up with them. And when they knew that they took the easy road and sold faster then they wanted to. The sale to Tirminix was in the works for a very long time and the two companies were in communication with each other as soon as Homeshield opened its doors. Its all about the money, the owners of these types of companies dont care anything about their customers or their employees. So stop lying to yourself

26th of Aug, 2010

OK people the person who calls himself pest guy is trying to justify the failures of a company that never truly cared about anything but money. As you will see PEST GUY used to use the screen name HOMESHIELD DUDE now he thought by changing his screen name it would post under another account. This is what these companies do they try to cover up and lie using sneeky tactics. You just exposed yourself and the door knocking companies you support. Thank you for being so dumb and proving my point to possible future customers. Now put your head between your legs and run away in shame.

11th of Sep, 2010

They cut my pay to an illegal 4.50 an hour worked me almost 80 hours a week then cut me when I called in sick one day. The fact that they're little Mormon buddies didn't sell as much as predicted is not my fault! Now they won't return phone calls or emails to give me my last paycheck. Worst money hungry greedy backstabbing pest control company around. I've worked a for a few companies before. Best advice DONT WORK FOR MORMONS!

12th of Sep, 2010

If they are not paying you you really need to call the dept of labor to file a complaint. Also if your wages were less then min wage you also need to report that. The guys who run this company think they know it all. Because they have a degree and cpo next to their name on their buisness card they are better and smarter then everyone else. Trust me they are not and them having to sell branches is a clear indication of that. File a complaint and let the Dept of Labore deal with them.

19th of Jan, 2011

Stay away from this company whether you are looking for a job or in need of services. I was one of their victims. First visit to home they did great work - this guy must have quit or was fired; second visit they did horrible work - they came back 2 additional times to try and complete the work they should have done and it was never done per contract. Third visit the same. Tried to get out of contract since the work was so poor - couldn't. BBB did not help me with this. I paid and felt like I was being robbed.

• Ca
      28th of May, 2011

The salesman don't swear and don't smoke but they got no problem cheating old ladies out of their money, and telling pregnant women that their pesticides are "organic". I never told the customers it was organic even though you all told me to, because I knew it was a lie and so did you. You got your moneys worth out of me ($6/hr) but I never lied, you mormon hypocrites.

8th of Jun, 2011

Hey Pest Guy, you sissy!
    nice comment about the Mormons being booted out of Illinois. Yes you are right the cowards of Illinois and Missouri raped, beat, mutilated and killed, little children, women and old men. What a thing to brag about! You make me sick.

Tell you what, there is a Mormon right here in Tennessee that would love for someone to try and "boot" me anywhere. I won't be the God fearing, peace loving members that those great men and women were. I might die trying, but I would take a bunch of ignorant, corn fed, country pukes with me. So what do you say, want to give it go with me, punk? That goes for the rest of you idiots attacking mormons just because they are mormons. Why don't I ever read a post that says "well and you know he is a ____________" (baptist, lutheran, catholic, etc.) Damn right I am a Mormon but I am not perfect just like all of those baptists, jew, catholics and buddist, which I feel gives me all the rights I need to kick your little scrawny ###! And if you want to know my name, hell give me an email address and I will give you my name, telephone number and address and tell you to "come on down" !

20th of Jun, 2011

Not sure if you realized this but pest guy is a Mormon. Your a real smart one.

• Fe
      25th of May, 2012

All who have problems with Homeshield, I am in total agreement with you. When they came to my door, I was promised the indoor pesticide would be odorless as my wife and I are allergic to anything but. Obviously the sales kid lied to me. The first visit was very far from what was promised. I was told that the odorless was no longer being carried, was out of stock, and was forgotten by three different Homeshield individuals. Over the year of the contract, we NEVER received what was promised though the smell got a little weaker. All of a sudden, they stopped coming to my house and stopped notifying me of impending service. Now I get a bill from Terminex for $50 more than the original contracted amount without EVER receiving notification of a sale of the contract (which became month-to-month nearly a year ago) or of a change in price. If any former customers are angry enough to file a lawsuit against Homeshield (which retains ONE branch in, ironically, Salt Lake City), I would be happy to sign up with you. Either Terminex will be closing this bill, or the last remaining Homeshield office will be receiving the bill from me. With my ever-so-not-kind remarks.